Hungering Deep Voyage Help!

• @sirliborius Is this the one that hints at Devils Ridge? hasn't this always been a line there?

• @musicmee I don't know, maybe @DarkerFirestar can answer that.
    Hopefully i can check it in the evening.

• @mad-ragga-luke can we actually unlock Merrick’s tattoos? I have the shark ones, but he has a different back design than we get. Are there 2?

• @solidsnakemig You can buy some tattoo sets in the shop, not sure if some of those might be it?

• @sirliborius I screenshotted every line of dialogue from all the books and Barmaids, Expect the bar one when I first spawned before I started Merricks Quests, It was here that she told me about the treasure being hidden on this same outpost. I know what your're going to say.....Sorry I didn't start screenshots until I started Merricks quest. So I just fired up SoT and will go hunt her down to add them in. Screens are all on my Xbox Profile.

• @darkerfirestar said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@sirliborius I screenshotted every line of dialogue from all the books and Barmaids, Expect the bar one when I first spawned before I started Merricks Quests, It was here that she told me about the treasure being hidden on this same outpost. I know what your're going to say.....Sorry I didn't start screenshots until I started Merricks quest. So I just fired up SoT and will go hunt her down to add them in. Screens are all on my Xbox Profile.

It's a spoiler: Just added the extra screens from the Outpost, Speak to Tasha.

• Took about 2 hrs to complete it all and beat the mega.People that are saying its going to be hard to get extra people when u go to merrimack to get the tune for the drum there seems to always be other ships there and they all need help just like u.We ended up going 3 galleons deep to fight the mega and it took 20 minutes to kill.

• @mcdoll you have to summon the beast at t 26, not devils ridge

• @darkerfirestar Hints are more welcome than complete solutions for me.
    I found the right tavern, got the hint, and worked for quite a while hoping to find just ANYTHING.
    For some obscure reason i also found a OoS-map earlier in a bottle which told me to kill someone having the same name the barmaid mentioned. Nothing changed after carrying the skull to her.
    Trying pure luck around the mentioned area didn't help either.
    Have you solved this yet? Is it solveable or is this just a random text and i was hunting after rumors?

At least i had a funny idea: carrying the skull around the possible destination and hope for clues, but obviously this isn't Monkey Island and it wasn't a navigators skull, nevertheless this could be a fun addition for future quests.

• @weetabix-lord said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@mcdoll you have to summon the beast at t 26, not devils ridge

Yeah I know, I completed the quest.
    I'm fairly sure I wrote that post before it had been done. Like 15minutes after the patch went live!

• Where is the spawningpoint and what do you need to do to get it to spawn.

• @balbasuar The spawnpoint is already mentioned here.
    And didn't Merrick tell you how to spawn it? The tricky/annoying part is keeping the song active which Merrick is playing until you reach the spawnpoint with enough players.

• Hehe, Think of it more as a musical relay race, Anchor and Ladders could be huge obstacles without a few mates to help :)

• Still no completion in the Great Meg Hunt...yet. I bobbed at Shark Bait Cove for a good while today...not a soul in sight (with the exception of one sloop who was more interested in chasing me around Shark Bait Cove Island in circles for about 5 minutes before I got bored. I was trumpeting my intentions but they seemed uninterested in communications). Then I sailed to T26 and bobbed there for a bit. Same. I decided to take another tack (note the nautical reference? ;-) ). I backed out and started joining crews in hopes of finding someone on the quest. First galleon was at Merrick!...but they were just starting out looking to get their drums. I gave a few words of advice and wished them luck. I spent the next hour joining so many crews I lost count. I saw the whole range of Sea of Thieves players in that hour. It was a bit of an education...everything from folks doing all manner of voyages to skull fort fights (one pretty wild one with three galleons) to even one brief instance of being on a galleon of griefers. Sad to see and hear. I was down to about 15 minutes of in-world time at this point and thought what the heck...one more attempt. I spawned into a galleon where all manner of chaos was afoot above me. I was below decks and there were holes and sea water aplenty. I started repairing like crazy then bailing. I ran on deck and low and behold the Meg was running wild back and forth between two galleons. I got on deck just in time to see the other galleon go down...I spent the next 10 minutes firing, repairing, and bailing. But with the combined efforts of the survivors of the first galleon and the one I was on we still were sunk. I had sadly ran out of time. In a last act of defiance I unloaded my blunderbuss at the Meg from underwater and slashed it's belly before I fell to the other sharks infesting the water...but after saying howdy to the Ferry of the Damned's Captain, I respawned and helped them restock for my last few minutes before they headed out to re-engage. Still looking to join a crew...but at least I saw the Beastie in action :-D

• Me and my cousin are waiting for 3 others to come to Sharkbait Cove please come on over!

• Anyone trying to get this done? I have not been able to meet people to summon the beast yet. I did all the other missions myself, read all journals, got the trumpet and drums. Just need 4 players. Also not sure if I need to wear tattoos or not. Does that matter?

If you want to link up, message me - Drummerzone

• Right now it just feels impossible to get that Megalodon. I have waited like 20 minutes in Shark Bait Cove and saw nothing. I feel really sad because it.

• @footlongsafe2 20 min... nice... was there yesterday evening for about 2 hours... sailing around, no sail on the horizon.... :/

• Is this only a temp thing? The NPC isn't sitting down for me. He's standing at the fireplace.

• @ultihazard yes it was a time-limited event that happened at the end of May

Views
1 out of 195