Hungering Deep Voyage Help!

• @footlongsafe2 said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

I went to all places, but somehow I didn't get the drum. What is the problem and what should I do?

And also I have unlocked these two commendations from reading these journals.

• @elchupacabraj86 Agreed! The atmosphere did feel VERY different to other nights! Loved it.

• @nightwolfryan you need to find his ship

• @lizalaroo where can you find the beast?

• Oh so the shark only appears if summoned?! How sad... I thought you could summon if you want to, but it would appear randomly and we would need to kill it like Kraken or making offers to it to calm it down.

So basically the campaign only ask us to kill the Shark?!

• @lady-bambington Go and speak to Merrick he will give you clues towards the whereabouts of the hungering one!

• @nunoazuldimeter Correct, the hungering one has been spotted in a certain location and the quest leads you to its coordinates and the story behind it.

• @musicmee yeah! we were in T26, 8 people with the drumbs and tattoos and nothing happens...

• @lady-bambington Are you playing the right shanty? The one Merrick taught you?

• @nunoazuldimeter said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

Oh so the shark only appears if summoned?! How sad... I thought you could summon if you want to, but it would appear randomly and we would need to kill it like Kraken or making offers to it to calm it down.

Did you not do anything leading up to that? That's content as well.

They also mentioned this update was the smallest of the content plans due to limited time since launch to prep this. Next one should be larger and the next after that even bigger.

• @musicmee OMG! do we have to play it until we get to T26??

• @lady-bambington BINGO! Teamwork is required... that and very purple fingers!

• @lady-bambington you need to "carry" the tune....

• @footlongsafe2 There are more than 2 journals

• @musicmee THANK YOU VERY MUCH

• ok so T,26 you carry the shanty from meric to T,26 then mega po's up kill him go back to meric he gives us a figerhead then thats it!!!! realy rare it kept us entertained for 4 hours amazing

• @braxkedren said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@nunoazuldimeter said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

Oh so the shark only appears if summoned?! How sad... I thought you could summon if you want to, but it would appear randomly and we would need to kill it like Kraken or making offers to it to calm it down.

They also mentioned this update was the smallest of the content plans due to limited time since launch to prep this. Next one should be larger and the next after that even bigger.

Not complaining about contents.
    I was expecting a different mechanism related to it.

I thought it would be a constant threat. And not just a summon and kill thing.
    I expected the campaign was Quest related. Like giving us things to do rather than talking to NPC and finding diaries that lead us to summon the beast. Which seems to be all the semester thing.
    Was expecting this was about finding the treasures of Merrick crew, that lead us to unlock the exclusive items.

But where is that offering features to travel undisturbed? We can always travel undisturbed if we don't summon it?

Or that is meant to be referring to all the wild sharks? It stops them from keep spawning on you every time you step inside the water?

• And what happens after we kill it and complete the campaign?
    We just keep going to the same exact spot, summon, kill and repeat?

I'm genuinely asking. Because I didn't have time on my lunch break to explore much due to a Galleon crew parked at shark Bait cove that was rude to everyone that approached.

• @arcx said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@mad-ragga-luke Confirmed by a guy on a reddit thread 8 mins ago, you have to carry the shanty all the way from shark bait cove, and then at T26 the shark will be summoned.

Yes, I can confirm this is the correct way of doing it. I’ve just finished it.. absolutely incredible.

• Literally just killed the Megalodon.

You have to carry the Shanty from Merrick to T26. As others above have said.

You get a figure head for your efforts.

And what happens after we kill it and complete the campaign?

You go back to Merrick and he gives you a shark figurehead that he made himself. Looks pretty neat!

@braxkedren said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

I expected the campaign was Quest related. Like giving us things to do rather than talking to NPC and finding diaries that lead us to summon the beast. Which seems to be all the semester thing.
    Was expecting this was about finding the treasures of Merrick crew, that lead us to unlock the exclusive items.

But where is that offering features to travel undisturbed? We can always travel undisturbed if we don't summon it?

Or that is meant to be referring to all the wild sharks? It stops them from keep spawning on you every time you step inside the water?

The shark stays put. Not sure if the mechanic has to be done to summon it once event is done or if it becomes a random thing like the Kraken is now.

• @mad-ragga-luke said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

You go back to Merrick and he gives you a shark figurehead that he made himself. Looks pretty neat!

That seems cool.
    And after that?

• @mad-ragga-luke said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

Do all that helped kill it get that? What about those NOT in the group?

• @braxkedren Everyone that helped attack the hungering one will be eligible to get the rewards...

• @braxkedren said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@braxkedren said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

The shark stays put. Not sure if the mechanic has to be done to summon it once event is done or if it becomes a random thing like the Kraken is now.

Yap that's my doubt.
    So there's nothing about calming the beast by offering feature, like said in the trailer and teases, since it only spawn by our summon, right?

• @nunoazuldimeter all together you get merricks tattoos, scars, shark figurehead and 2 new titles.. shark hunter and shark slayer

• @musicmee said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@braxkedren Everyone that helped attack the hungering one will be eligible to get the rewards...

So awesome right there!

• @braxkedren everyone who took part in taking down the hungering one gets rewarded. In my lobby we had 2 full galleon crews and 2 sloops, roughly 12 people. Everyone got rewarded :)

• we just did it with 3 sloops good fun,

• @BraxKedren

It seems everyone that was in the encounter zone. We had 2 galleons and a sloop. The sloop joined our crew temporarily and we all got it.

• @nunoazuldimeter

In this video released today, Joe talks about Hungering Deep as it is, being a time limited event for 2 weeks and then the features staying available in game, including Meg, it would be great if the idea of appeasing her using drums or a sacrifice might be one way to escape her clutches when she's in the wild?

1:55 is where Joe talks about subsequent plans -

• Just picked up my drum...and drat it all. Ran into a galleon and three sloops who were all just picking up their speaking trumpets. Guess I got a long wait to carry the song south of Devil's Ridge :-D

• @katttruewalker
    Yep I already watched it. Seems nice about the future content program too. Talking about the skeleton thrones and E3 content.

But I hope the meg mechanics change after the end of the event. Make it to spawn in the wild like the Kraken. But even tho allowing us to summon it if we have the means to do it. But on different locations.
    That would shake things up.

• @knightx13 said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@footlongsafe2 There are more than 2 journals

I have found one from that shipwreck and one from underwater cave. Where are the other journals?

Views
1 out of 195