Release Notes Discussion - 1.1.0

• @zhrage You have to climb up to the crows nest to change the top flags.

• did not expect much and was disappointed anyway

• 2nd time i travel across the map to get kill by campers .... on diff server ...

• @carcinogenetxc and @Skunkbrand77 sadly yes....the first galleon was nice...the second not so :D so basicially is suicide your ship and hurry to the dude to get everything :D

• @khaleesibot thats dope the sail tints was a nice surprise!

• @khaleesibot
    Do we get the trumpet and drum for free or do we have to buy it?

• @isaac-occam You need to play the campaign

• @rumham636
    Even better. Thanks.

• @zhrage NVM I found it the little box :)

• so i guess you need a party to play the dlc ......

• wow, nice update! So much going on, looking forward to getting back into this game

• @doctorviolet3
    Please read the Release Notes. See below:

"Scars - What enemies have fallen to your pirate might? Scars earned through campaigns and events such as The Hungering Deep will allow you to tell a story of your pirate's history and adventures. These are not purchasable, they must be earned."

You won't have any scars in the vanity chest until you earn them.

• great updates. keep an coming and good job Rare.

• @zhrage I believe you have to climb up into the crows nest and equip it. From what I've read.

• excited to jump back in a discover what lies beneath the water!!

Thanks Rare for listening and making QOL updates. The Quest starts now!

• @khaleesibot @Rare-Employee

Hey wow finally some content...but yet no mention of something that a lot of players are wanting!

OPTIONAL CROSS PLAY

Yet again no mention of a topic of large interest and heated discussion! Awesome to see how Rare is still ignoring this topic and the community that is concerned about it!

• @skunkbrand77 Come back Ruth from Hi de Hi

• Where’s fishing?

• Can we please for the love of bananas get the 8 items you removed returned.
    You removed them without good reason!
    Similar my bottom. Put them back in...

• Pirate Legend Dress - We heard feedback from our Pirate Legends that in the approach to summer, a breezy alternative to the existing Legendary attire would be appreciated. Future Pirate Legends will automatically be awarded this dress, and existing Pirate Legends can grab it in the Hideout for free.
    • Ghost Dress - Arriving in the same shipment as the Pirate Legend Dress, pirates can now complete the Ghost set with the dress, stocked in the Pirate Legends Hideout clothing shop.

This was an amazing thing to hear :O Kudos on all the additions i'll be sure to set sail once again. Avast ye salty nutmegs!

• @x-riddler-x said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.1.0:

@khaleesibot @Rare-Employee

Hey wow finally some content...but yet no mention of something that a lot of players are wanting!

OPTIONAL CROSS PLAY

Yet again no mention of a topic of large interest and heated discussion! Awesome to see how Rare is still ignoring this topic and the community that is concerned about it!

The only people who want optional crossplay is xbox users who believe that everyone who beats them in a pvp situation is a PC abuser/hacker. I play on PC with an xbox controller and no cheats or macros and beat most people using skill and experience, but still hear the cries of xbox players complaining that I am cheating or have some kind of advantage. In reality, most people WANT cross-play and making it optional would do nothing except fragment the already-dwindling player base.

Sure, there are definitely players who abuse PC options to give themselves advantages. These players are not so numerous and the advantages they gain are often negligible.

TLDR; get good and stop crying

• congrats on the release of HD. List of new features looks pretty good.

on a personal note: i'm still waiting for my new xbox to arrive... i want to plaaaayy.... :'(

• Thanks for not moving the voyage table back.... #annoyed..

• @vargar Thank you I ended up finding it :)

• RARE - why are you so lazy on the little things?

I understand you had to work your butt off to get this out the door.

But there wasn't any of your creative design team - thinking - we should make clear descriptions of what the flags are intended for?

It's a little thing - but it would have put players on the same page - now it's use whatever flag you want and assume that the skull flag means "am pirate - will attack"

Perhaps you should have had no flag equipped at all for spawning players - a white flag should not be raised by default...

Oh wait - you didn't actually add flags for gameplay role use...

Nevermind - raise the my little pony flag - it doesn't matter - players have no use for the new flag feature other than to make the ship look "neato"

• @crazycruze Disappointing......However i won't be disappointed if i find they included not only the new scar options but the originals from day one of the game as well.

• @khaleesibot
    Where is the new ship with 6 crew members? haha i'm waiting for it! you guys are the best!!!

• @endosku11

Think it's up to us ( the community ) to decide what flag is used in what circumstance.
    If only there was a way to do a poll.
    Personally I am using the "banana" flag for merchants......

• Not everyone is on the forums.

They dropped the ball (again) on something simple - just like visual progression and the list goes on and on...

@piratecraggy said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.1.0:

@endosku11

Think it's up to us ( the community ) to decide what flag is used in what circumstance.
    If only there was a way to do a poll.
    Personally I am using the "banana" flag for merchants......

• @endosku11

Yip, agree.... re. " Not everyone is on the forums"
    Since the forum, is the community hub.
    For something like this a "poll" mechanic for the forum would be pretty useful.
    If Rare can't make the decision, may be we should be allowed to.

Alternatively they had a twitter poll of the SoT twitter account the other day, on a unrelated matter.
    They should.... may be persuaded in the direction to hold such a poll on their main twitter page.

• @r3d-n1nja-82 I was waiting for a raft too l**o

• "Permanent black loading screens will no longer be encountered when returning from the Ferry or using the mermaid"

I just got one returning from the Pirate Legend hangout. :*(

• I really had to look around for the option to select a flag.
    It's logically played, but i honestly expected it being part of the shipwrights customizations.
    In the end i'm glad it's implemented as it is now, allowing faster changes of the flag.

• Hello Rare,

It's maybe my second or third post only, on your forum, but i want to say what i think about "the hungering Deep".
    I was so excited to see this new content "with a new gameplay" like you said in your video, many contents and the first big update for your game.
    So happy to start this campaign today. Then, after 3 hours of this "new gameplay", we already finish this quest line??

As you could put so many things to create more content and a longest quest... and we got only 3 hours of content with some new RP content...

For example (SPOIL here for some players, don't read)

• 1rst book: go to the easyest position of the island, take it, read it and then go to the next NPC. 3 min...
    • 2nd book on island L14: no fight, no quest... just have to find the book, not really hide on merrick ship... Putting some shark fight like on Fort Event was too hard?
    • 3rd book on island S16: and again, no fight, no quest. A bit harder to find it if you don't know the island (but every player who played during 1 weeks already know this island...). No fight / no research to find it... Same way: putting a fight against skeletons like on Fort Event could give some difficulties on this quest and a longest gameplay...
    • 30 pages on the book minimum, only 6 to find... Why you didn't put some "useless" pages easy to find but this quest will take more time to do... (maybe we got some everywhere, i don't know)
    • About ship's skin: i don't know if it's hard to build or not, but can we have more than only a new color with some new paint? For example: can you put some shark bite on this new skin for example, somle broken part because of the megalodon etc. Same for legendary
      Clearly, i was a huge fan of this game, so many possibilities, lot of RP with another player. But actually, i'm tired of it... same quest everytime, an easy kraken, 500 hours (without legendary quest PL) to be legend and 200 hours for athena 10 (without optimization) with everytime the same things to do....

So, pls, you need to do something for your quest, and not a pure robotics gameplay for farming...

(Sorry about my language, english isn't my main.)

Views
54 out of 111