Release Notes Discussion - 1.1.0

• Release Notes - 1.1.0

Ahoy pirates!

Riddles, rumours and... release 1.1.0. Are you ready?

This week's update introduces The Hungering Deep, the first step in our post-release content plan. A new and not inconsiderable threat to seafarers is joined by a raft of other additions, including a voyage of discovery upon which you'll cross paths with Merrick himself.

alt text

Fulfil your dreams of becoming a pirate percussionist with the new drum, use flags to signal your intent to attack or ally with other crews, and represent with scars, tattoos and a bunch of new cosmetics! Want to know more? Check out the dedicated page for The Hungering Deep.

The Hungering Deep

alt text

This content update introduces and showcases a raft of new features that will persist in Sea of Thieves beyond Merrick's story and its time-limited campaign.

• Bilge Rats - To stay in the know as to what is changing in the Sea of Thieves, visit the Bilge Rat character in the taverns to discover what time-limited events are active. Whether it’s The Hungering Deep or future events, this is the place to go!
    • New Threat - Something old, vast and hungry is surfacing. Follow the trail of riddles and rumours. We hope you live to tell the tale.
    • Speaking Trumpet - Parley! Let other ships know if you are friend or foe with the new Speaking Trumpet, making yourself heard from longer distances. The first Speaking Trumpet is obtainable through The Hungering Deep campaign, but purchasable variants will be arriving in the shops in the near future.
    • Ship's Flags - Want to sink and plunder, or seek allies to adventure with? Let your intentions be known with new flags which can be raised high above your ship! Climb up to the crow's nest and decide which to raise.
    • Drum - BOOM! Pirate percussionists (inspired by Merrick himself) can now be heard all across the seas. The first drum is obtainable through The Hungering Deep campaign, but purchasable variants will be arriving in the shops in the near future.
    • Tattoos - Many pirates wanted them and now they are here! Check out the vanity chest for 16 sailor tattoo sets and visit the clothing shop on outposts for stocks of four purchasable tattoo sets.
    • Scars - What enemies have fallen to your pirate might? Scars earned through campaigns and events such as The Hungering Deep will allow you to tell a story of your pirate's history and adventures. These are not purchasable, they must be earned.

Want to give us feedback on The Hungering Deep? Jump into our Feedback Mega Thread!

Updates

• Pirate Preview Camera - The daily dilemma for every pirate, what to wear?! Make that an informed decision with the new animations within the clothing and vanity chests. These new animations will bring focus to the area you are currently equipping. Imagine a pirate lifting their leg when equipping a peg leg... you get it!
    • Loading Screen - In case too much grog has made some pirates forget... the loading screen imagery has been updated to highlight The Hungering Deep campaign.

Cosmetics

alt text

• Shark Hunter Figurehead, Sails, Hull & Flag - With the strange increase in shark activity in the seas, shark hunting is on the rise! Shipwrights have caught on early to this trend and now stock a new figurehead, sail, hull and flag.
    • Sailor Sail Tints - Want a splash of colour on your ship but don't have the coin? Those Shipwrights are impossible to bargain with. Sailor colour variants for you more cost-conscious pirates are now being stocked. These include Black, Grass Green, Royal Blue, Red and Yellow.
    • Majestic Sovereign Clothing - If it's time to freshen up your look, check out the new Majestic Sovereign set in the clothing shop, it may tickle your fancy! Remember stock is different from outpost to outpost, so you may want to check the Ancient Isles.
    • Item Colour Variants - Purchased the Grand Admiral, Castaway Bilge Rat, Ruffian Sea Dog or Imperial Sovereign clothing sets but want matching items? Now they are here! Shipments have arrived at the equipment shops on outposts.
    • Pirate Legend Dress - We heard feedback from our Pirate Legends that in the approach to summer, a breezy alternative to the existing Legendary attire would be appreciated. Future Pirate Legends will automatically be awarded this dress, and existing Pirate Legends can grab it in the Hideout for free.
    • Ghost Dress - Arriving in the same shipment as the Pirate Legend Dress, pirates can now complete the Ghost set with the dress, stocked in the Pirate Legends Hideout clothing shop.
    • Pirate Legend Flag - Are you even a legend if you don't have a flag to say so? Some say not. Rush to the Shipwright in the Pirate Legends Hideout to get yours!

Performance Improvements

• CPU performance has been improved when loading objects.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Fixed Issues

• Permanent black loading screens will no longer be encountered when returning from the Ferry or using the mermaid.
    • Leaving and returning to the ship will no longer remove the tool-tip to unload cannons which are loaded.
    • Upon starting a Merchant Contract or Bounty Voyage, the UI message will correctly state "Quest Received" rather than "Maps Discovered".
    • Coral and plants will no longer appear to pop in when approaching the reef near Fools Lagoon.
    • Light will no longer appear to flicker underneath the large eagle rock on Plunder Valley.
    • Upon spawning at an outpost, an issue has been resolved which would occasionally cause the crew's Galleon to be missing.
    • Resolved a known cause of some player disconnects.
    • Multiple server and client crash fixes.
    • Customer Support have resolved all known players who were missing downloadable content in-game. If you are still experiencing this, please refer to this Support Article, and if you still cannot find your items in-game, please raise a support ticket.

Known Issues

• Washed-up items, including messages in bottles, are still disabled.
      We are working on getting these switched back on as soon as possible.
    • Dropping Skeleton Fort keys in water can prevent them from being picked up again.
    • Athena's Fortune Bounty Quest skeletons are sometimes unable to be found.
      We are working to resolve issues on the reported islands: Plunder Valley and Thieves' Haven. If you encounter this issue, please submit a bug report to our Player Support Team with as much detail as possible on your location.

Download size:

Xbox One: 1.40GB
    Xbox One X: 1.40GB
    Windows 10: 1.35GB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Looking For Crew?

alt text

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SUMMON XBOX TEXT SPEAK ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ... please

Love seeing a long list of fixed issues! It’s appreciated.

• is the "old" legendary pirate set still available for new Pirate Legends ?

• @m4dkraut Yup! This is just there for those that need the dress alternative!

Love, love, love this content update! So much to see and do!

• So is it just the one set of scars then?

Earned not bought? How does this let us customize them to an extent now if its just the one set? Hopping on to check, but this one seems a little strange to have added alongside the tattoo mention, if they're working much differently.

Edit: Dang, no mix match tattoos either. Scars tattoos were my most looked forward to. Oh well. Nice change still. Rocking the sailor set

• woohoo!! Looking forward to jumping in!

I thought with all the RAFT mentions, you had added a raft. oh well - still lots of fun here!

• Here we go!

• this is a very exciting update from RARE! Can't wait to give it a go!

• Scars are not in the vanity. I go into the tab and it loads 0 of anything its a blank page.

• LOVE that I can make an all black ship now. Anyone who has updated can you confirm the price of the shark hunter hull and the sailor color tints?

• Lots and LOTS of new content! But...I must also shed a sea of tears for still not having the shiny washed ashore items back! Best of luck Rare in turning this, one of my favorite things, back on! :-D

• I'm so excited 😩 I'm turning it on now

• Downloading now....leeettts gggooooo !!

They even snuck a few surprises in there like color dyes and new outfits, kudos RARE!

• @khaleesibot This sounds like some great new additions, cannot wait to get sailing.

Keep up the great work.

DADS Pirates will be sailing tonight for sure.

• Looking forward to trying out all the new stuff. I am, however, still having the issue with snake hisses and other ambient noises following me around after a respawn, which was supposedly fixed in the last patch. It's like having nautical tinnitus!

• Question:

Might have read incorrectly, but was there a mention of a raft being added to the game? I thought I saw that somewhere in an earlier post.

• @khaleesibot !!alt text

alt text

• @valpn
    Same issue here

• The 90 fps lock is gone yet again as well as the 100 fps lock for PC.

• @khaleesibot awesome :D
    just a question though: which items are they referring to as item colour variants for the grand admiral, castaway etc. ? O_O

Edit: ah they mean the normal equipment ^^° I was hoping for a remake sry XD

• @rumham636 70k hull, sails and shark. 7k for the sailor sets

• Hmmm. So are you going to do anything about balancing out the differing crew SoT PvP competencies by using their combined game history?

Simply saying solo is 'hard mode' or getting given illiterate 'git gud' comments is tedious. So much we may want to come back to SoT play and its evolving content but without balance being sorted its unlikely.

• @khaleesibot Great start! Can't wait to see the new threat!

• No new achievements?

Can’t wait to play!!!

• @kingyellow Thank you sir. Much appreciated. Good to know my weekend grind session was enough to buy everything I wanted!

• Arrr that's awesome I can't wait to discover everything! again, a big THANKS!

• @khaleesibot I love these changes and I am so happy to see your ear is always open to the community. Thank you!

• @khaleesibot hype hype hype. cant wait to get home and play this

• Can't wait to play when I get off work 😁

• Just to be clear, you're basically just ASKING people to camp Sharkbait Cove right? Because it's packed right now.

• I purchased the new shark hunter small sail and for some reason missing on my ship
    Not sure if this got turned on.
    Anyone else missing this?

Thanks

• I can only say that the updated [Mod edited] creativity? What a shame that semi-finished product came out!

• CAMPERS!!!

• Really hyped about that! One question if we log out during the campaign you keep the progress or we need to do it in one shot? :)

• @valpn https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001190208-No-UI-Menu-when-launching-the-game

WORKS!!!!!!!!

Views
4 out of 111