SUS-pi-CI-ous...

• Please, bear in mind I am not trying to call anyone out by name or flame on the server. I suppose I just want to vent about the experience we just had and tell the story...

Well all, it finally happened. I can pretty confidently say I came across some hackers just now. There were times in the past when I was also suspicious, but I'm not one to just call hacks all willy nilly. This time took the cake though.

My friend and I had encountered a galleon earlier in our session that we tried to fight. After the first pass, both of us were sniped dead. They had one guy on the cannons and the rest were shooting us. It took one pass before we were sunk. At this point we were just like, "Dang! They're good! We probably shouldn't try that again."

Just a bit of a reference point, my friend and I regularly take galleons on and wipe the floor with them. He's the boarder and I take care of the sloop/man the cannons. But those guys handled us like it was no ones business and we decided that we didn't want anymore of THAT mess.

Until a skull fort popped up that is! We sailed there with reckless abandon hoping to secure a spot underneath the protective yet deadly umbrella of the skeleton towers. Little did we know however, we were in a race. One that we lost by small margin, once we were in range of the towers, the galleon of doom was parking near the coveted towers.

This is where things start to get funky, my friend attempted several times to board their ship, with varying methods. Only to be met by multiple people waiting for him on the ladders and sniper shots into the waters. Any time he even approached their boat, underneath the water mind you, where his name tag should of been hidden, he was swarmed by either multiple people coming in the water after him or patiently waiting to kill him a top the ladder he was trying for. This, in and of itself, I still rate as suspicious. Not willing to throw up the hack flag yet.

Until my friend was sniped, by a guy who fired himself out a cannon at us, while he was still in the air. I'm sorry but you've just went past my ability to suspend disbelief.

The next moment I simply could not wrap my head around a normal human being doing was when we were trying to sail away. All while dealing with my friend and I's attempts to take them down, and seemingly being everywhere at once, they manged to finish the fort and secure the key. We gave up and tried to sail away. They chased us however. I wanted to see what this was like first hand so I jumped in the water while they were giving chase(A pretty good distance away mind you, I could not render in any characters at this range and I play on mythical graphics settings). I stay in the water and swam toward their boat. I was eating bananas to keep from dying because I didn't want them to be able to see me before I got to their boat and one of them jumps in the water as their boat passes over. I am not surprised at this point. He shoots me, quickly, I'll give it too you. You might be really good. However, before his reload animation was finished, I was taken out by another sniper round. It was just us two in the water. Deep enough that they should not have been able to see me. And their boat was moving still moving at that point. Like full wind quickly.

I gotta call it when I see it, those dudes were hacking. That was super demoralizing. As I stated my friend and I can hold our own against MOST galleons. We may not win all time but we always at least have a chance. There was no chance against them. I could barely pilot the sloop without getting hit by sniper rounds. Anytime we attempted stealth it was met with a "Oh hello, what are you doing there? That's very cute." I've lost before and that sucks. But you take it and move on, learn and hopefully don't repeat your mistakes. This wasn't the same. And it sucked way harder.

Still love the game, going to keep playing. I just hope they figure out this hacking thing sooner rather than later. Because the stuff we just went through puts a real sour taste in your mouth.

Views
  • If you think they were hacking, report them through the support link with evidence if you have any. It doesn't sound like hacking to me. Just because you can't believe someone pulled off a crazy stunt doesn't automatically mean they were hacking.

Views
1 out of 2