A tale of two sloops

• Avast ye scurvy dogs and rest yer bones while I spin a tale of two sloops on the Sea of Thieves!

I was sailing on me lonesome and me hold had just been emptied o swag when I saw a vessel approaching from the east, another sloop crewed with only a single scallywag. So I let him I meant him no harm by waving him in from the dock and he waved back signalling he had no sights to sink me vessel, and I played him a shanty while he started cashing in his goods.

Then suddenly out of nowhere a cannon blast hits his starboard side BOOM and we both spin to see a third sloop crewed by two o the most barbaric monstrous beasts he ever laid yer eyes on! So we both rush to our vessels but then I get an idea in me head, I shot myself from one of my cannons and came around on their blindside, narrowly avoiding some hungry sharks that tried to have a gnash at me boots.

Both my new friend and the other sloop are trading cannon fire back and forth but my friend is having to bail out and fix the expertly crafted holes these scallywags are making for his ship. So I climb the ladder and get to work with me pistol and me cutlass, and kill them both, but the devil was in their side and again they appeared and once again I slashed them down!

I let loose their anchor and aimed their vessel at the nearest rock I could see and my friend went to pelting their boat with cannon fire once more!

We sank them and let them have a grog with Davey Jones! Me new friend and I shared a shanty and a grog on the dock, and for my help he gifted to me a single skull, which I cashed in for a tidy profit!

Sometimes the sea can bring you the enemy, sometimes it brings you a friend!

Views
  • 'Twas my title ye stole, and I'll be having it back now, or else ye might lose yer head! Savvy?

(seriously though, thanks for referencing my clip "A Tale of Two Sloops" - as of this message, it's been viewed by over 973 pirates)

• @the-dougalbug Good to read, thanks mate.

@Galactic-Geek I think that I may have read yours too.

The sea is plenty wide enough for many sloops and the forum will always welcome feel-good tales of their adventures.

Fair winds and happy sailing. :o)

• Aye it warms me cockles to hear such tales, fair sailin' to ya lad! Me cockles are well and truly warmed!

Views
1 out of 4