Where is achievement. progression?!

• list item
    Views
  • Missing. all progress on achievement list. Bought Game oat launch. Just found out today that game isn't tracking any of my stat progression. Done alot of qusting sooo plus videos. over 87 hours. Where is it?!

• @cannibalbob The achievements are being tracked. It just looks like the game is not using the progress feature of the achievement app. There are a lot of games that don't use it.

• @ionei-falcon which is terrible because of the grind on some of them. even if there was a stat page in game for those and some of the commendations. I would like to know exactly how many captains chests I have sold and miles sailed for each faction.

• @iamwilliamb Ah too easy.
    All of your problems could be solved as easy as "A, B, C" with ...

a). A long piece of string
    b). Blackboard
    c). Chalk

batteries sold separately :o)

But seriously, it would be hard to track the mileage / kilometers for each individual faction as sometimes we mix them up by finding bottles on the beach or opening a book. Either of which could easily take us away from the current voyage faction as we don't always travel great distances just to turn-in, especially when the found quest is for an island near by.
    Then Athena's voyages are a combination of all three factions. Try dividing that distance traveled correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I love stats but it would not be an easy task for anyone to program into the game.

• So are you saying it's okay to be half a***d and lazy because others are? The game is Broken if it isn't tracking progress. Serious time. Things like this are why I will not be purchasing from your studio again. Tell em to stop being greedy.

• @admiral-rrrsole but it's already in the game and being counted we just can't see it. There are commendations and achievements for it.

• @iamwilliamb Really? To the best of my knowledge there is an over-all distance traveled.
    Other achievements and commendations relating to the OP are for money earned by each faction.
    I may be wrong but I don't know of distance traveled for each faction.
    Unless you cash-in after each quest how would the game know of your intentions?

When a voyage is proposed we mark all of the islands that we have a quest for on the map table. Along the way we find more quests such as bottle and books, so we mark those on the map table too.
    We use common sense to make it all a round trip rather than doing the quests in order of the radial and zigzagging back and forth.
    So in between an Order of Souls voyage we might have a Merchant Alliance or Gold Hoarder's quest.
    In between a Gold Hoarder's voyage we might have an OoS or MA quest.

The found quest may very well be on the same island as one already marked on the map table or it could be along the way.
    So like I said earlier, unless you cash-in after each quest, to break down the distance traveled for each faction would be a wrong estimate no matter how they tried it.

Where do you start measuring from, the outpost or the last island? Either way is still inaccurate when there is a mixture of factions.

• @admiral-rrrsole there are individual commendations for each faction for miles sailed. I had order of souls messenge in a bottle while doing gold hoarders and I saw commendations for both show in game for miles sailed on each faction. Once you kill the last skelly or dig the last chest those voyages are no on longer active in your voyage wheel where the merchants count all the way until you time out or successfully sell your voyage items. There is actually a lot more info about the comedations on the sea of thieves wikia page.

• @iamwilliamb Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I haven't been to the wiki page since pre launch.
    I can't imagine the distance measurement of each faction being correct for the reasons given above but it's only a game so good on them for giving us something.

• List of Commendations...

Gold Hoarders :
    Golden Voyager: Complete X Gold Hoarder voyages
    Keeper of a Glittering Hoard: Earn X gold from Gold Hoarder voyages
    Sailor of the Gold Horizon: Sail X nautical miles on Gold Hoarder voyages
    Seeker of Lost Maps: Purchase X Gold Hoarder voyages
    Hoarder of the Castaway's Gold: Sell X Castaway's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of the Seafarer's Gold: Sell X Seafarer's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of the Marauder's Gold: Sell X Marauder's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of the Captain's Gold: Sell X Captain's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of Grog Soaked Gold: Sell X Chests of a Thousand Grogs to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of Treasured Tears: Sell X Chests of Sorrow to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of Barnacled Gold: Sell X Shipwrecked Chests to the Gold Hoarders
    Hoarder of Lost Artifacts: Sell X Treasure Trinkets to the Gold Hoarders

Order of Souls :
    Voyager of Lost Souls
    Mercenary of the Ancient Order
    Sailor of the Whispering Bones
    Seeker of Lost Souls
    Hunter of Foul Skulls
    Hunter of Disgraced Skulls
    Hunter of Hateful Skulls
    Hunter of Villainous Skulls
    Hunter of Cursed Crews
    Hunter of Cursed Captains
    Raider of Cursed Strongholds
    Hunter of Fort Skulls

Merchant Alliance :
    Merchant Voyager
    Gilded Merchant
    Sailor of the Merchant Alliance
    Merchant Adventurer
    Merchant Forager
    Merchant Shipwright
    Cast Iron Merchant
    Black Powder Merchant
    Merchant of the Dawn Caller
    Merchant of the Wild Hog
    Merchant of the Serpents Scale
    Merchant of the Grand Fauna

• Why should we need this? It says in the game how much captains chest you have sold...look there

And I am saying that as someone who is looking for the achievements...at least I try to get as many I can do in a game (over 160k)
    And by the way...the achievement says like: get the 1000 captains chest reward, not get 1000 captains chests...so there is just one thing to earn not 1000

• @schwammlgott yeah I was actually about to post to this as an update. I never noticed before that you can select the factions from the pause menu see the individual stats. Don't know if that's a new feature but I love it being there to see.

• @iamwilliamb it was there since the launch, maybe already since the beta, don't know that

Views
1 out of 14