Making use of the different flags...

• I was looking through the posts earlier and was reading about the flags... Some people were talking about how the flags could be utilized, and I had some ideas.

The flags (some for merchants, some for pirates.. olive branch/jolly Roger, etc..) what if these flags carried some kind of mild passive effects? Something like: non aggressive flags would get a mild boost to defensive characteristics and a mild debuff on the attack, whereas aggressive flags get a mild boost to attack characteristics/ debuff defensive... It would really help to force players into declaring their intentions in order to utilize the passive effects to their advantage, adding an additional layer to player strategies and combat outcomes... Regardless of the function of the flags at launch, I am really excited about the content update!!!

Views
  • I don’t think Rare would allow something like this, as it would change the “level playing field” in a way. I understand all crews would have access to the different buffs, but I’m not sure it’s in their vision for the game. It would increase the amount of balancing required to make sure some perks weren’t stronger than others, etc.

Views
1 out of 2