Can we at least be able to block with the shovel?

• I was thinking that it would be a useful skill to have to block incoming sword strikes from skeletons with the shovel while your digging up treasure, then you could switch to the sword or whatever weapon to fight. when you are digging you can hear, and see skeletons feet walk up to you, but with the increased spawns and pistol sniping skeletons you can easily lose track of where you broke ground since the map disappears once it's uncovered. by being able to block with the shovel it may give you that extra second or two needed to help clear the 4-6 skeletons that spawned at the chest.

Views
  • @ld0gg79
    This has been mentioned before. I personally wish i could bash the skellys with my shovel for interruping me

• @nwo-azcrack said in Can we at least be able to block with the shovel?:

@ld0gg79
    This has been mentioned before. I personally wish i could bash the skellys with my shovel for interruping me

Yes please.

• I like this idea, please Rare, a shovel bashing a skull would be awesome, not to mention handy against those snakes....

• Good post, I was thinking the same in recent experiences.

Would be very useful to block with the shovel when digging chests to protect ourselves from those fast spawning skeletons.

The OP has suggested blocking capability for the shovel, not an attack.

• @nwo-azcrack It's an interesting idea. I just would worry that it would turn into a 3 weapon game. Shovel and 2 guns. Unless the shovel would cause MUCH less damage than the cutless this may result in a situation where the cutless could go the way of the dinosaurs in its use.

I'd be for only allowing it to block though.

• to me it's a blunt object, and should only have block similar to the sword. sure you could 2 gun and block with it maybe, but you would NOT be able to attack with it.

• Blocking with a shovel would bring an interesting way to deal with approaching hostile resistance.

When an attack is blocked with a shovel, the attack is redirected to the side. Perform a perfect block and the attacker staggers for a second instead.

• The block would make you immobile and you could only shovel bash when blocking, and like someone said it could do no player damage or very little, and be a more defensive option than an offensive tool, maybe even make this be the item with a stun affect and remove that from the sword.

Bucket should be used for more, shovel should be used for more, the lantern could be used to set some things on fire (bucket of oil?)

Etc etc.

Everything in this game needs atleast a dash more depth and complexity imo. Simple in design and application but depth with variance of possible uses and outcomes, sandbox tools is what these items should be.

• The secondary option with the shovel should be bury not block. You have the sword for blocking.

• @zyrkal

That’s true... it would be wonderful to have the ability to bury items too.
    If that is intended to be the secondary use for shovel, here is a compromise:

When triggering a shovel action while looking up instead of at the ground, it performs a block/push back. This does not inflict damage, but just gives you a moment of breathing room when under attack from skeletons.

(Currently, shoveling when looking at the horizon and not at the ground is a wasted action)

• I'm only in favor of the shovel attack option if it can only be used to one-shot snakes. It would enhance gameplay and PvE tactics while not effecting PvP. It's only logical to be able to kill snakes with your shovel... well, in my opinion that is.

• My 2 cents ..

• Block sword attacks with shovel
    • Knock back with shovel attack
    • Golf swing with shovel to launch snakes

Please let me launch snakes, the more I think about it funnier it gets.

Views
1 out of 13