Player base is the most toxic I've come across.

• 99.9% of sessions are just boats parked up at outposts, nobody doing anything, blatant slackers and just plain morons.

Views
  • What are the .01% of your sessions like?

• Sounds like you need to find some mates. Iv'e never encountered any toxic players.

• @im-mr-g-j-jones Simply not true.

• its bad to throw around percentages without any evidence, not to mention that what if the "99.9%" of ships at port doing nothing are fresh spawn'd ships

• I've never experienced this in the 6 weeks or so I've been playing.

• i will say yesterday i queued up with open sloop like 9 times before i found someone who was actually not afk haha but that was the first time thats happened to me usually its like 2 or 3 times which i find acceptable.

• None of what you described was even toxic. The toxic players are the one that no matter how the fight is going they are trying calling you trash, a p***y etc. It's the worst kind of exchange in any game and I had hoped that would not be as bad in SOT but it feels worse in this game because we are encouraged to use game chat. I am on PC so I use both private and game chat with game chat on push to talk and I wouldn't give that up because we do have some genuinely nice or especially funny back and fourths with the occasional crew. Heck even last night we got bested by a ship but while we were in the afterlife he complemented us on one of our techniques that really caught him off guard. I'm not saying every encounter should be like that but maybe something more like Princess Bride level banter or even some typical pirate banter would be preferred. Idk, I guess this is more a complaint about online gaming in general. People shouldn't take pride in being so awful to other people.

• @im-mr-g-j-jones said in Player base is the most toxic I've come across.:

99.9% of sessions are just boats parked up at outposts, nobody doing anything, blatant slackers and just plain morons.

If nobody does anything, how can they even be toxic?

• Even in these forums this is by far one of the least toxic communities.

You must be new to gaming or something cause if you think this is Toxic I would strongly recommend playing 1 player games going forward.

• I remember my first online video game

• I feel that RARE has changed the matchmaking a bit so people can't just sign in and get hard earned money cause I have sat on loading screen for what seemed like forever just to jump in and see that the crew just turned in loot. Most often though it's brand new ship for me

• @im-mr-g-j-jones I have to agree with the others. SoT has many problems but toxicity isn't one. Counter Strike, Dota, Overwatch, LoL, TF2, PUBG or Siege all have incomparably more toxic communities. Understandably so, since they're almost all competitive titles. SoT is mostly a chilled out game and although it packs a bit of salt from time to time, it's really rather calm in comparison.

• @captsubtext420 Never seen one in the like 8 months ive been playing, maybe im just lucky xD

• @im-mr-g-j-jones Troll?

• @im-mr-g-j-jones I don't agree. Most of the players I met are friendly and fair. Did you ever play League of Legends? :-)

• @retto-elbaroda said in Player base is the most toxic I've come across.:

@im-mr-g-j-jones I have to agree with the others. SoT has many problems but toxicity isn't one. Counter Strike, Dota, Overwatch, LoL, TF2, PUBG or Siege all have incomparably more toxic communities. Understandably so, since they're almost all competitive titles. SoT is mostly a chilled out game and although it packs a bit of salt from time to time, it's really rather calm in comparison.

Siege. Probably my favorite shooter of all time. That is without a doubt the most toxic player base I have EVER encountered in a game. True cutthroats. They'll team kill for not standing in the right spot.

• I've encountered very little toxicity in game. What I have is the typically BS you see with almost all multiplayer games. For the most part the player base, from what I'VE seen is very good. I'll meet people on the ferry of the dammed and chat it up about how we killed each other and do a jig. It's ruthless fun. :)

• I feel like it's improving. Yesterday (yep, I actually managed to get a game in yesterday in spite of the bugs) I had a run in with a galleon crew who were cutthroat but also pretty nice about it. They congratulated me on sinking another galleon, then blinderbussed me in the face as I climbed their ladder to say hi. So, I went and filled up on gunpowder, lined my top deck with it, then (as a last act before signing off), rammed their ship, shooting one of the barrels just as we collided. The resultant 7 explosions killed 3 of their crew (and myself) and sunk both ships. They congratulated me as we all waited on the ferry of the damned together and we laughed about it 😂

• I've had far better luck doing matchmade sloops. On a galleon I typically plot the course, raise the anchor, steer, adjust the sails, and lower the anchor at our destination. Meanwhile the other three members of my crew are staring slack jawed in to the distance. Once on the island I tend to have to find the target as well.

In short: galleon crews in my experience are less than worthless.

99.9% of sessions are just boats parked up at outposts, nobody doing anything, blatant slackers and just plain morons.

Uhhhhh.. that isn't the definition of "Toxic" buddy...................................

• For what its worth, I'm an untalented solo-noob and crews have always been fair with me so far. Most crews are reasonably paranoid, friendly, or focused on their own tasks. Maybe the seas get rougher in the higher ranks?

• @im-mr-g-j-jones 143.53% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Are you sure you're not just staring at a picture instead of playing the game?

It's never going to move

• if my math is correct 20 % of the time it will get toxic all of the time........ just like my cologne that works 50% of the time all the time.. I used a T90 calc for my figures BTW

• @mighty-ace123 said in Player base is the most toxic I've come across.:

@im-mr-g-j-jones said in Player base is the most toxic I've come across.:

If nobody does anything, how can they even be toxic?

A bunch of pirate legends could answer that for yas.

• @fishst1ck said in Player base is the most toxic I've come across.:

@im-mr-g-j-jones said in Player base is the most toxic I've come across.:

Are you sure you're not just staring at a picture instead of playing the game?

It's never going to move

Given the dearth of content and teeny tiny server populations, I often wonder this myself.

• By far Sea of Thieves seems the least toxic gaming environment I've been involved in. Almost everyone I've run into has been a good encounter...

• Occasionally some scrub getting carried on a Galleon will try and talk smack but for the most part it's not too bad.

• @omega-131313 maybe he only played one time and found 1 ship at post the one time he went ....that would make it a high percent Haha

• @im-mr-g-j-jones

Now here is something that kills 99.9%....
    It's pretty toxic... careful kids
    Player base is not.

alt text

• I think he's just trolling for a response. No more need to feed into this thread.

• Im 99.9% sure OP has never actually played the game.
    No seriously mate stop following ppl to outposts

• This post is what's toxic.

You've obviously never played:
    OverWatch
    call of duty
    LoL
    battlefield
    rocket league
    any shooter ever

This community can be a little passionate and salty at times, myself included, But I would say they are far from toxic. especially compared to the others.

Views
1 out of 49