New flag system above the sail!

• When they add the new flag system I’m totally going to abuse it and put up my team up flag up so I can grief someone!!! Hahah be carful what you wish for!!

Views
  • Yeah, this is what I expect. Making it a choice is a bad idea, it should just reflect your past actions so people can actually see what type of player you are.

• @businessjjj no custom flags m8, just flags that match with your sails and ones to say your intention

• Edgy post bro.

I'm sure people already know not to accept a white flag at full face value.

You'll probably get countered and sunk thinking you're the sly one.

• i mean we already know nothing of peoples intent so at least this gives us a better idea. of course people can lie. they can literally team up with you for hours then kill you haha so thats no different but if there is a ship somewhat nearby and it has a 'leave me alone ill leave you alone' flag then ill feel happier than if they have something else or nothing at all.

• @omega-131313 said in New flag system above the sail!:

@businessjjj no custom flags m8, just flags that match with your sails and ones to say your intention

Exactly I’m going to show a false intention

• @revanjstone
    We are pirates out there and this will just give me another tool in the tool box to fool people muhahahahaha!

• Diabolical!!!!

• @tre-oni said in New flag system above the sail!:

Edgy post bro.

I'm sure people already know not to accept a white flag at full face value.

You'll probably get countered and sunk thinking you're the sly one.

Sure what ever makes you feel better!

• @businessjjj then you should be happy with us, they are giving more pirate stuffs for normal use or pirate use. everyone gets something out of it. i think everyone will expect there to be some people not going by its 'rules' will add to the cat mouse game and make for more interesting interactions one way or another

• I'll ignore the flags and just continue to monitor through my spy glass

• White - Surrender
    Black - Pirate. PvP for profit only.
    Grey - Looking for a shark hunt/Skull fort team.
    Purple - Merchant/Trader ( at least until there is a blue flag. Pirate Legends don't need to be identified ) "I'll give you 100 cannon balls for a Captains chest"
    Red - Bloody murder. No quarter.

I doubt the flags will have official meaning, but as far as non-offical that's a start.

• Foitin' flag all day every day.

• The ultimate thing to take into consideration here is that they are giving us flags not rules. How we use them is up to us. Yes people will 'abuse' them but in reality it isn't the flag being abused it's other player trust which is perfectly within the spirit of being a pirate and already exists.

Deceit or not I look forward to a potentially clearer way to tell if someone is hostile or not. If you expect a flag to be law and ignore ship 'body' language then you deserve your fate.

• There are ways to prevent deception. If you have a ship approaching you with a white flag they apparently already have given up so raise the Red and sink them. The only other two that could be abused with the color system I stated above is grey or purple. However deception can be circumvented by keeping the ships out of cannon range. Fire players over to the other ship to check their intentions. If I board a merchant ship with nothing to sell again raise the Red. Sink them. As far as grey goes ( looking for team ) you would be hard pressed to get a drop on a crew out of cannon range. But safe to say all one has to do over the megaphone is tell them you're turning in all your loot then we can party. Just gotta be smart about it. Assume everyone is trying to trick you. Don't let any ship no matter the flag their flying roll up on you. Ever.

• @businessjjj We'll be ready for you......

• @scurvyrod ok make sure you have some booty on your boat when I come ok?

• @celestron90
    @John-Hatter
    @OMEGA-131313
    @RevanJStone
    @Tre-Oni
    @Celestron90
    Well here’s a good thread that will help with a lot of griefing problems it’s some good stuff!! It’s in devolment right now!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57493/radar-for-boats-revisiion

• @businessjjj said in New flag system above the sail!:

When they add the new flag system I’m totally going to abuse it and put up my team up flag up so I can grief someone!!! Hahah be carful what you wish for!!

Your expectations are not based upon the reality of the game.

By the time a flag renders you will already be exchanging cannon fire.

The flags are personal vanity. Every flag other than the Jolly Roger means nothing of intent anyway.

• @biter-wylie said in New flag system above the sail!:

I think it goes without saying Rare would NEED to make it so the flags render at long distance.

• of course double crosses can happen. we wouldn't want it any other way. throughout history, whether it be between countries, sailors, or otherwise, any temporary alliance included one hand extended and the other within reach of your weapon.

• @celestron90 said in New flag system above the sail!:

@biter-wylie said in New flag system above the sail!:

I think it goes without saying Rare would NEED to make it so the flags render at long distance.

Sure it does. But take a look at the game we have now compared to two weeks ago. The environment is dead! The beaches are bare of everything. Whatever things they have added I would take it all away to have back a game world I actually want to be in and explore.

To me, a total fan of the game, there is truly no content now.

• It's meant as a communication tool, so yeah, you can lie.

• @biter-wylie said in New flag system above the sail!:

@celestron90 said in New flag system above the sail!:

@biter-wylie said in New flag system above the sail!:

Sure it does. But take a look at the game we have now compared to two weeks ago. The environment is dead! The beaches are bare of everything. Whatever things they have added I would take it all away to have back a game world I actually want to be in and explore.

To me, a total fan of the game, there is truly no content now.

Uh.. wrong thread maybe? I dont know how what you just said has anything to do with what we're talking about.

• @businessjjj said in New flag system above the sail!:

@celestron90
    @John-Hatter
    @OMEGA-131313
    @RevanJStone
    @Tre-Oni
    @Celestron90
    Well here’s a good thread that will help with a lot of griefing problems it’s some good stuff!! It’s in devolment right now!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57493/radar-for-boats-revisiion

???

Huh?

Griefing problem? I don't think this would be griefing, nor do I really think there's a griefing problem. (Outside of same crew trolls)

• @tre-oni
    Did you read the other post?

• Anyone who uses the flag system to grief me is going to get their behavior flagged... I'll get my coat

• @john-hatter said in New flag system above the sail!:

Deceit or not I look forward to a potentially clearer way to tell if someone is hostile or not. If you expect a flag to be law and ignore ship 'body' language then you deserve your fate.

Well said!

Views
1 out of 29