Shark Swarms

• Has anyone else experienced a large number of sharks spawning after the latest patch?

We had six swarming our boat as we loaded up from an island. And upwards of 10 to 12 as my crew jumped in the water to retrieve a skull key we hid.

Views
  • Welcome to the hungering deep. The sharks are restless

• Had 6 shark spawn last night while exploring a shipwreck. Not a pleasant experience since I was solo so no one to spot for me or shoot at them. They're definitely worked up over something....

• Yep, they spawn faster and in greater numbers.

• It's been a challenge for me (but a good dinner for sharks!) since I have a tendency to overshoot myself from the cannons and fall off the ship during my shenanigans. I've definitely learned to park closer to the islands!

• sounds to me like a good trump to the never ending gunpowder barrel attacks. it will definitely make the shipwrecks more challenging, but they should be a challenge.

• Shark spawn is ridiculas now. More black screening and game lag/ruberbanding since update.

• In theory, all the islands should be noticeably smaller as the sea level rises due to the displacement caused by the large number of sharks inhabiting the waters.

• @dragonc1aw said in Shark Swarms:

Has anyone else experienced a large number of sharks spawning after the latest patch?

We had six swarming our boat as we loaded up from an island. And upwards of 10 to 12 as my crew jumped in the water to retrieve a skull key we hid.

Yup. In the Hungering deep teasers, it mentions something terrifying from the deep is stirring up the sharks. It's part of the buildup to next week's update.

Personally I like seeing that the ocean is actually a place to fear now

• @extantthylacine #Science! XD

• It's because of the Hungering Deep event. Will probably normalize itself after the even period is over.

• @dragonc1aw said in Shark Swarms:

Has anyone else experienced a large number of sharks spawning after the latest patch?

Does noone read posts on this forum....
    I feel like this is the 20th shark post iv seen this week.

YES there are a lot of sharks. Welcome to shark week

• The increased sharks are great. I hope they stay! It makes you be more mindful of where you anchor your ship. It makes shipwrecks more of a challenging activity than a pit stop. It makes jumping into the water to attempt boarding and powder kegging more risky and challenging. We have had an absolute blast with it.

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/pirate-times/issue-one - The increase is mentioned in this news clipping.

• @dragonc1aw yeah we had nine attacking at once

• We went to check out the Killer Whale shipwreck and the amount of sharks in the water was crazy. We came across another shipwreck and had to think twice about going back in the water due to the sharks

• I was gonna make a post too. Guess it's all of us. The more we kill, the more show up. Was hoping maybe the more ppl u kill. The more sharks follow u, like they know you'll promise them blood soon, we sure do. But then we gotta move fast to get loot from ocean

• Experienced similar situations, but not that many sharks (yet).

Went to explore a sunken ship and 2 showed up almost immediately after I jumped in the water. On my return with skull in hand I swam for my sloop ladder thinking I could outrun death, one shark attacked but I was only a few feet away and thought I could make it, the second one quickly followed up and sent me sleeping with the fishes. I should have dropped the skull and ate a banana but did not.

Definitely an increase in sharks since the patch, perhaps this is intentional?

• Sharks everywhere I tells ya! It's crazy, most of them battle tested. Spears sticking out of them, scars. And these things are extremely aggressive these days...

• same history here, sharks in general appear to be dangerous and aggressive now, instead of predictable and lazy as seen before. So great news for us imho.
    They scared the s=)t out of me a*s yesterday!

PS: Maybe part of the new AI for the incoming Big one has been implemented on the small ones ?

• to stay in good standing with osha we now need to cover the following dialogue prior to any undersea operations.

Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage? Cage goes in the water? You go in the water? Shark's in the water? Our shark? [singing] Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again.

• I'm really enjoying new abundance of sharks, myself
    Sharks have gone from a mild ignorable nuisance to an actual threat if you're unprepared
    It instills a little bit of fear closer to if I found out I was swimming with a shark in real life that I was not aware of prior

• @rattlyfob said

lol But you have to admit that "shark week" on Discovery or whichever channel reruns the same handful of episodes over and over and it is exactly the same as the previous years of "shark week". So it stands to reason that they are the topic of so many threads.
    It happens a lot with densely populated forums.

But I do hear you and agree. If we could keep topics together (aka mega thread) then we'd have 5 or 6 threads for the usual PvP versus PvE, PC v Xbox, Hackers, Bug reports and so on then the rest would be all new content on the forums of tales or experiences and or suggestions (which could also be categorized into mega threads).

There use to be an auto complete type search function based on the title when starting a thread..... and of course people just don't look or hardly use search functions on casual forums. Meaning anything that is not a tech supp type of forum (even then it still happens).

• @admiral-rrrsole said in Shark Swarms:

@rattlyfob said

lol But you have to admit that "shark week" on Discovery or whichever channel reruns the same handful of episodes over and over and it is exactly the same as the previous years of "shark week". So it stands to reason that they are the topic of so many threads.
    It happens a lot with densely populated forums.

Actually.... shark week isnt just reruns and it is the latest news and info about shark research conducted over the previous years...
    cough cough but uh yeaaaaa... it isnt actually shark week, just a joke

But I do hear you and agree. If we could keep topics together (aka mega thread) then we'd have 5 or 6 threads for the usual PvP versus PvE, PC v Xbox, Hackers, Bug reports and so on then the rest would be all new content on the forums of tales or experiences and or suggestions (which could also be categorized into mega threads).

There use to be an auto complete type search function based on the title when starting a thread..... and of course people just don't look or hardly use search functions on casual forums. Meaning anything that is not a tech supp type of forum (even then it still happens).

• @rattlyfob lol Satellite TV here in Oz (Australia) seems to be the same episodes of shows every four hours. I imagine these shows are gathered from American satellite and cable networks.

Every year I think "Oh beauty, shark week" but it's the same show(s) I watched the year before. lol

Yes, I understood that you were joking and I found it amusing, that's why I started my reply with "lol". :o)

• @admiral-rrrsole said in Shark Swarms:

@rattlyfob lol Satellite TV here in Oz (Australia) seems to be the same episodes of shows every four hours. I imagine these shows are gathered from American satellite and cable networks.

Every year I think "Oh beauty, shark week" but it's the same show(s) I watched the year before. lol

Yes, I understood that you were joking and I found it amusing, that's why I started my reply with "lol". :o)

Thats a tragedy :o shark week is the b e s t!
    And i had to make sure, you never know

• I absolutely love the increased Shark spawns. Before you could reliably swim from Island to Island without getting eaten. Now it's dicey just to make it to your mermaid, which feels amazing. Not to mention it really punishes bad boarding habits and decreases the reliability of a gunpower attack which sort of needed to happen.

• I'm so glad that there are more sharks...before the update I rarely saw any but now I have little swarms (3 or more) around my boat when anchored at islands...makes getting back to the boat with loot more fun imo.

Views
1 out of 28