Islands not loading in at all. No npcs. Beaching on invisible outposts. Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria

• So, I thought I'd add my voice to the 'this patch broke the game' crowd. I keep loading into servers where, after 10 minutes or so of play (after digging up a few treasures), islands stop loading in at all. Ones that were already loaded in at minimum quality remain at minimum quality (outposts that are already fully loaded have no NPCs at all and therefore are impossible to cash loot in to) and I fall right through them, and islands outside of draw distance don't appear at all. I literally just ran aground on an invisible outpost (and could still sort of walk on it a little). And the seas are littered with empty ships, floating in place with nobody on them.

Now, I'm stuck on the loading screen after selecting 'leave game'. The game can't even figure out how to load the title screen...

Guys, come on, this patch is a disaster. Well, for me at least. I managed to cash in a single chest of a thousand grogs in between glitches sessions. Fun.

Views
  • that sounds terrible. I was excited to play tonight when I get home but now its going to be a count the bug session I guess?

• @mr-spiderhead

Purchase the Sea of Thieves art book published by Vertigo and you can imagine a world where this game isn't filled with game-breaking bugs.

• Are you on pc or Xbox? I hadn't noticed these issues, but I've only played for a short 3 hour session since the update. Hopefully I don't bump into issues tonight

• Nice ghostbusters reference. So far so good for me. I play on xbox. No issues.

• Infinite loading screen after death here. Have they acknowledged the issue?

• I'm on the Black Manatee (Xbox), and seem to be having a clear session at the moment. Earlier on I let the Xbox default to allowing the new 'enhanced error reporting' feature, so I tried disabling that to see what happened. Had an hour long s ssiom with none of the aforementioned errors, but just got longbearded out of a decent treasure haul. Can't blame the game for longbeard though, at least not until after the V****n Media guy hooks up the fibre next week. While I'm on ADSL, connection problems are firmly Sky's responsibility 😂

Edit: Interesting choice of censorship there...

• Aaaand, after a fresh install, just to see if it helped, stuck on black screen after being blown off my ship and using a mermaid.

• Dev was streaming with twitch peeps. He said it would be fixed tonight. They said they didn't want to be bugged with alot of questions. They were there to enjoy the game. Would be nice if they fixed the bug so the rest of us could have fun in game also.

• I played and the only issue I saw was literally nobody in my world. Went an did a skull fort solo. I died a lot. took almost two hours with 8 waves having all pistols. not a ship in sight the whole time.

Views
9 out of 10