Character rerolls and potions

• So with the Hungering deep right around the corner and a MTX store supposed to be dropping in with hungering deep, let's talk about the potions, or really, character rerolls, or customizations.

My friends and I started this game back in closed beta, and we sorta have the same characters, me being the more civilized man with a average joe body and being Asian (The Asian part will play a big part to this topic) my good friend @ToredexGaming has sorta the same get go, but more clean, even more civil, and our awesome friend ItsUndeadBruh has his character GHOSTOV! The biggest fattest land lumber around! Latino, Huge fat butt to use as an anchor if need be.
    Ever since the game came out, my friends have always made fun of the whole Asian eyes on my character, I never liked it, but it was the closest thing to a sorta tattooed battle harden sailor I could get have literally 8 hours of trying to get the perfect sailor.

Now with character rerolls and such coming our way, I dont want to wait another 6 hours or not even 30 minutes of fiddling around just to change 1 thing on my character, and I bet neither does anyone else that dont like their character.

The point is, will we or can we even get items to change one part of our character (I.e. Race, Hair color, Eye color, weight, and so on) because the whole Asian eyes thing sorta kills my character looks to me, personally. He already has a glass eye, but whats the point in the eye, if you can barely see his eyes in the first place.

Im trying not to sound racists or anything, but its these small and dumb details that drive me NUTS!

How do you guys feel about this suggestion? Any ideas?

Views
  • @onyx-wartooth I'm in the same boat. I didn't know there will be a re-roll feature so that is great! But some precise customization would be even better. I know Rare went the direction they did with character appearance as it was a quick and easy direction to take and allowed them to spend more resources elsewhere in the game, but this could definitely use some tlc.

My character also has Asian eyes, which I didn't realize until a long time after creating him. There's nothing wrong with this visual feature, I just don't wan't it. Had I known that what I pick is what I get 'forever', I would have spent MUCH more time choosing.

• @namekninja the problem is how much time we as the players, dump into just getting just the right character in a RNG system to later not like. They wanted a system to make all the characters, seem unique, which they did for the most part, just these small details drive some of is, like you and me, a lil insane.
    Hopefully they'll add something like this in the future.

• Uh... so I totally missed the MTX and Reroll news. When did they confirm that these are coming?

• @xcalypt0x @Onyx-Wartooth

I would dearly love to be able to tweak my character, via potions at an Outpost barber shop, or a mermaid's spell. Ideally, as I mentioned somewhere else, I'd love a second character slot.

I don't think microtransactions are coming anytime soon though, from what I've read.

From the content plans page on the website -

Based on feedback since launch, we have changed the priorities for both Pets and Ship Captaincy which we had previously announced as things we would look to add in the few months after launch. These are on the back burner for now whilst we add to the game in other areas.

• @katttruewalker Thanks, I haven't been keeping on top besides the YouTube videos, because For Honor released season 6 so ive been grinding that.
    I would prefer a spell over a shop, hear some cartoony p**f sound when your done. Fantastic! and a second slot, imo isnt needed unless you REALLY wanted it, I rather have the 1 guy and build all my rep and stories with him, its a virtual me, in Rare's game ya know.

• @xcalypt0x said in Character rerolls and potions:

Uh... so I totally missed the MTX and Reroll news. When did they confirm that these are coming?

^^^ This ^^^

• @xcalypt0x Same! I feel like I follow their updates religiously but I've not heard mention of this until now!

• I re-rolled a pirate after the first day of launch.
    Now my guy has brown skin, a slanted eye, and a glass eye. He looks like a chinese mexican.
    I like him, not too many latino-asian pirates around.
    Now I want to change my name to Tommy Chong, or Jonny Mo.

• Any post-IPG character alteration method is generally a welcome addition.

• @reptartheory I could be wrong about it, it was a rumor that was floating abound. Supposedly people were supposed to be getting a free reroll if they played the first month or something, idk, the whole potion thing was also a rumor, and the MTX store being launched with hungering deep was also a rumor, even though the MTX store has been confirmed, just not a solid in stone date yet as far as i can tell, thanks @KattTruewalker

Views
8 out of 11