3 buttons are left on the Xbox Controller for Sea of Thieves

• Avast Maties!
    Well lads & lasses, there seems to be 3 buttons left on the Xbox Controller for Sea of Thieves.
    And they be:

• Click Right Stick
    • Right on the D-pad
    • Left on the D-pad

So do you think these button will be used in the future for new features?
    I sure hope so!

Views
  • I've binded the right thumbstick to pull out bananas, the left d-pad to cannonballs, and right d-pad to wooden planks. I initially binded the banana key because you can easily mess up trying to pull them out, and it's also just quicker, especially when you need one in a pinch. It's really helpful. Then I just binded the d pad buttons to the other supplies to make them easier as well.

• @sgt-palooggoo you can currently remap those keys for whatever you'd like. I use right stick for bananas, left on d pad for planks and right on d pad for bucket.

• Well we know that there will eventually be pets as a social object, so likely might have some form of interaction mapped to one of the D-pad buttons to go in line with non-verbal comms and emotes.

I had some thoughts on a revised control map a long time ago now, but some of it is still relevant: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/20518/knightx13-s-compendium-of-feature-mechanic-and-content-requests/7

However even with that, one of the D-pad buttons was still un-utilized, and saved for some future content/mechanic.

• @sappyelephante said in 3 buttons are left on the Xbox Controller for Sea of Thieves:

@sgt-palooggoo you can currently remap those keys for whatever you'd like. I use right stick for bananas, left on d pad for planks and right on d pad for bucket.

I'll have to try that out, thanks lad!

• @sgt-palooggoo nop that's the hotkey you have to make your own shortcuts on the controller

• And just this morning I thought of how that other D-pad button can be used.

Since the D-pad is currently used for social based actions, perhaps moving the "crew commands" (i.e. scuttle ship and vote to brig), to a new radial assigned to the left or right direction button.

That way you wouldn't need to bring up the menu , and have multiple steps to get to either of those options.

And if/when future crew commands are added to the game, they can also go to that same radial. Such as potentially "invite to crew" for random players you come across in game.

That would leave the other D-pad direction button for pet interactions when they are added.

Views
6 out of 7