New Hungering Deep Details

• Many of these items are not new.
    I also doubt they are unlockable. Probably 70-140k like the other ship skins and some unholy amount for individual/item skins.

Rare's vaunted "vision" was that no one crewmate "owned" the ship so it was to be cobbled together piecemeal by the crew and nudged that direction by ridiculous pricing. A very Communist line of thought that rubbed me the wrong way in the beta tbh.

We'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath for a shift in a string of befuddling decisions made by Rare.

Here's to hoping they can create something that's not going to continue to bore people to death or drive any more people away. Any strict time limits or exorbitant pricing is going to bite them. Pun intended.

Good luck, see y'all out there.

• @wicked-six-gun Haha ive done the same!

• So the update was last night but the content comes on the 29th?

• @mrgrim67686 said in New Hungering Deep Details:

Many of these items are not new.
    I also doubt they are unlockable. Probably 70-140k like the other ship skins and some unholy amount for individual/item skins.

Rare's vaunted "vision" was that no one crewmate "owned" the ship so it was to be cobbled together piecemeal by the crew and nudged that direction by ridiculous pricing. A very Communist line of thought that rubbed me the wrong way in the beta tbh.

We'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath for a shift in a string of befuddling decisions made by Rare.

Here's to hoping they can create something that's not going to continue to bore people to death or drive any more people away. Any strict time limits or exorbitant pricing is going to bite them. Pun intended.

A very Communist line of thought
    Do explain.

• @edemardil sagte in New Hungering Deep Details:

So the update was last night but the content comes on the 29th?

Yes, that is correct.

• @bambam-bm said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I hope all the limited time items are simply unlocked from doing the campaign, and not bought with gold. I probably wouldn't care for some of them, but if they're limited time.... I'm gonna really want them.. but I don't necessarily want to spend gold on something i'm not actually going to use.

if you don't use it, why do you need it ?

Many of these items are not new.

These are the posts I love from this community.

Ridicules Rare and Devs in post? Check!
    Talks down on game and how bad it is and such a boring game? Check!
    Talks about something in the game is going to ruin game? Check!
    Comments on how they will be playing later in same day? Check!

• @braxkedren You can't please everybody all of the time... that's what I have learned in life.

• @musicmee said in New Hungering Deep Details:

@braxkedren You can't please everybody all of the time... that's what I have learned in life.

Lol oh I know, especially on this forum

• NICE!!!lets wait and see :)

@braxkedren You can't please everybody all of the time ever... that's what I have learned in life.

Fixed that for you :)

• @xcalypt0x lol wish i could upvote more than once

• @braxkedren When everyone on your friends list who played it (over 40 people in my case) bounced out, I think it's appropriate to be concerned.

• All looks really interesting... Popped on down to Shark Bait Cove to see old Merrick... He's a sober fellow, isn't he?!
    Can't wait to try out all these new goodies (sorry- big tools & little tools...) ;D

• @mrgrim67686 make new friends?

• @braxkedren I have enough friends. That said, I play with randoms often and we'll add each other then they may play one or two games then fade out. Anecdotal, but from where I'm sitting, retention seems to be a huge issue.
    Sad, 'cause I like the ship combat. RIP my woman's sleep when things get hairy.

I don't see THD alleviating the player leak. Especially if their new items hew to the current pricing scheme and are not straight up unlockable.

We'll see. I honestly don't care about all that stuff. I just like seeing galleons tip over.

@braxkedren I have enough friends. That said, I play with randoms often and we'll add each other then they may play one or two games then fade out. Anecdotal, but from where I'm sitting, retention seems to be a huge issue.
    Sad, 'cause I like the ship combat. RIP my woman's sleep when things get hairy.

I don't see THD alleviating the player leak. Especially if their new items hew to the current pricing scheme and are not straight up unlockable.

We'll see. I honestly don't care about all that stuff. I just like seeing galleons tip over.

Just remember that this content had the least setup and build time so it's the smallest content update we see this year. The other have more and should just ad more and more as we move ahead.

• @braxkedren Aye. I'm not expecting this to help me lure people back. Using it more as an indicator to see where this game might be going. This team is obviously young and inexperienced so I feel like it may improve with time and errors. I just worry the general public won't give them that time snd MS will pull the plug. Fingers crossed.

• this is also going to turn into a full blown war on seas, as we will all be ending up in same areas unlike now where we spread out. this is gonna be fun

• @commando-slippy Sometimes war isn't the answer... especially when there is a beast to be awoken!

• @cptcharleston said in New Hungering Deep Details:

@roughleech03117
    Yeah, based on the trailer, it requires both crews to drum it out of hiding though. So you'd need to be on the same wavelength.

So close enough to hear the first person start, so the second can chime in.

@commando-slippy Sometimes war isn't the answer... especially when there is a beast to be awoken!

I refer you to the classroom of Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.) in Starship Troopers. The book. Not that godawful movie. :)

• @musicmee i agree but you know it wont be case in a lot of scenarios

• Not long to go now guys and gals...

• @musicmee
    how i can get drums?
    and why merick is doing nothing

• @nicolopica You have to do the quest to get the drums for now, but they have said they will be for sale later. As for Merrick, he was playing his drum when we got to him. He's a bit chattier when he's somewhat sober.

• As this thread is a hype thread, I won't lock it.

However, as there are so many voyage help discussions around The Hungering Deep, we've created a giant thread to keep all your discussions, clues, rumours and tips in one place!

You can find the Voyage Help Thread here. If you have a more specific voyage help question related to The Hungering Deep, feel free to make it in the Voyage Help category!

• @nicolopica
    Good luck, I had to fight off a galleon camping merrick and then trying to fight and board me. Finally i get all of two minutes to talk with him when a sloop crashes the island and started shooting at me. Do not really know how people are going to do this campaign when the player interaction is just as bad if not worse. Also before all this on a previous server that I left had a sloop camping an island away and when I sailed to merrick they chasing me to his island opening fire on me. Problem now is all the campers know exactly where you must go.

• @captn-stormrage
    ok yesterday with 2 galeon we deafeted megalodon
    but i still dont know how i can get drums

• @nicolopica Have you been to speak to Merrick and been on the hunt for his journals yet matey?

Views
164 out of 170