New Hungering Deep Details

• Ahoy Maties

It looks like The Hungering Deep now has its own webpage full of juicy gossip and reveals.

It looks like there's a tonne of content just about to drop, and that's not including the main event!

Including new content:

• Drum
    • Speaking Trumpet
    • New Figurehead
    • Tattoos and Scars - Time limited to let everyone know you took on the Hungering Deep!
    • Flags

Join the adventure to unlock a special figurehead, sails and hull, plus a unique drum variant and speaking trumpet. Give your game a little more bite…

Take a look for yourself!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/the-hungering-deep

Views
  • woohoo..

• It's Looking good.... will be nice to have new shiny things.... :-)

• Ship flags, eh? Interested to see those details. The speaking trumpet will certainly add a new dynamic to player encounters, I just hope it doesn't result in more toxic interactions. Also interesting to see a limited time campaign. I like me some exclusive rewards!

• I've already taken the 29th off from work. (5 day weekend) Don't judge me! lol

• Awesome Find!!

• @musicmee
    Cheers for the heads up m8y ;)
    The black beauty sharkbite galleon is back & looking gooood :D
    Flags & Trumpet look very interesting, will be good to see how these pan out.
    And finally I can bang my own drum in game as well as on the forum ;) Hahaha, awesome!!!

Liking what i see RARE, i really hope this brings the tides of change ;)

• Eighth!!!

Love that rat tat.

• I wonder if you get that figurehead when you have FINished the quest?

• @musicmee said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I wonder if you get that figurehead when you have FINished the quest?

Looks like the shark, huh? I hope there is more than one new one. I've been saving some money so ready to blow it!

• Nice!!! Great to hear.

• @musicmee said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I wonder if you get that figurehead when you have FINished the quest?

• @drunkpunk138 Aye, the first thing that stood out to me was that, ships flags! :o

• Hoping these tattoos and scars can be custom placed on your pirate and aren't pre- selected placements on the body. Judging from the teases they've given it looks like those jaws are a chest piece only unfortunately

• @wicked-six-gun said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I've already taken the 29th off from work. (5 day weekend) Don't judge me! lol

Ooof, taking off on patch day. You gon' learn boy, you gon' learn.

• @gloog
    Rare: "unfortunately we are having to extend the server maintenance window by a few hours in order to ensure that all of The Hungering Deep's new content is running correctly"

• Cheers @Musicmee! Good spot!

• @gloog said in New Hungering Deep Details:

@wicked-six-gun said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I hear you and believe me, I get it. Could be a frustrating day but I was already taking a few days for Memorial Day so really couldn't add much more on to it. I'm taking Friday thru Tuesday and the big boss is off all week so need me there :(

@gloog said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I hear you and believe me, I get it. Could be a frustrating day but I was already taking a few days with Memorial Day so really couldn't add much more on to it. I'm taking Friday thru Tuesday and the bog boss is off all week so need me there :(

I just be thinking that too... gonna be a long day if the patch be iffy. Fingers crossed!!

@gloog said in New Hungering Deep Details:

I hear you and believe me, I get it. Could be a frustrating day but I was already taking a few days for Memorial Day so really couldn't add much more on to it. I'm taking Friday thru Tuesday and the big boss is off all week so need me there :(

I'm stuck at work that week due to 2 major Corporate events that take place. Sucks being a 1 man show at times when things like this happen

• This line confuses me:

"These items will remain in-game but the campaign is only around for a limited time, so join the hunt now to experience The Hungering Deep in full and earn exclusive rewards that only those who unravel Merrick's tale can enjoy. Perhaps a new arrival in your nearest tavern can set you on the trail…"

Does this mean that there is a storyline that is time-limited to do with The Hungering Deep? Or does it mean the lead-up will mean in-game events??

I'm on holiday for the first week of it dropping so won't be able to get near the Xbox! :'(

• Good god, I'm getting anxiety, I need to get it all. Exactly how "time limited" is this event going to be? I mean, I'm sure we will have plenty of time, but I WANT TO PLAY THIS RIGHT NOW!!!

• I can imagine being off the coast of Cannon Cove, hustling to get my Captains chest back on board and then...the drums. I look to the west and a full crew GALLEON is at full sail on it's way.

First one drum and the rest of the crew begin as I hopelessly fire my cannons in their general direction screaming for my life as the drums get louder and louder before i see the whites of their eyes on their expressionless faces as they continue playing their drum, the sounds nearing like a crescendo.

• @sshteeve The storyline will grant you access to special themed items from the event, but once it's over you will only be able to access/buy standard versions of the speaking trumpet and drum.

• @braxkedren Seems that's how it works some times. I feel for you. Maybe you can catch a few captures. I can try to load a few. :)

• @musicmee Goodness me that looks wonderful. TATTOOS!!!!

• @wicked-six-gun will do!

• I love the matching Legendary flag... cant wait to hoist that one!

• I love the flags, People have been asking for that and a way to talk further and RARE listened. Making me like them even more, Yes I am a fan boy as I'm sure people are already apparent to. lol.

• Looking at that picture, it has two eyes on one side of its head. We sure this is a giant shark? Maybe it's a giant halibut...... so delicious..

• Woah! This is looking awesome! My mates and I are really going to enjoy this!

• @excitedcaius Aye! The fact there's a story to it makes me even more excited to go out there and take part!

• So what are exactly the time limited items? Cause it better not be the ship customizations...

• I hope all the limited time items are simply unlocked from doing the campaign, and not bought with gold. I probably wouldn't care for some of them, but if they're limited time.... I'm gonna really want them.. but I don't necessarily want to spend gold on something i'm not actually going to use.

• Oh wow ship's flags are being added already? I wasn't expecting those for at least a few months. Awesome!

Views
1 out of 170