New update 1.0.8 has an issue - loading screen issue please post here if encountered....

• @ant-heuser-kush said in New update 1.0.8 has an issue - loading screen issue please post here if encountered....:

@squating-chimps Halo: TMCC has been out for almost four years and 343i is still trying to fix the game. This game has been out for three months and people think it's the end of the world.

Halo is a flagship title, something sea of thieves is not

• Aye, I have encountered it several times last night.

• @squating-chimps said in New update 1.0.8 has an issue - loading screen issue please post here if encountered....:

Since the new update, when I load back from the ferry of the damned, I am now stuck on the loading screen. I waited a good 7 minutes. Restarted the game. Ended up dying again and the same thing, stuck on the loading screen. Restarted a third time. Died on purpose and loading back fine. Died a forth time, yet again I am stuck in the loading screen. Hmmm. Anyone else having this now?

I've had to Ctrl+Alt+Del about 7 times tonight. I've put in a ticket.

• On PC and every time I take a mermaid I get stuck at the black loading screen with the wheel in the bottom right corner. I tried waiting it out but gave up after 2 minutes and had to exit and be invited back. So annoying while trying to shoot off and grab supplies. I could not imagine how frustrating this would be being solo or trying to pvp.

• I'm wondering whether both PC and xbox are encountering this problem. So far on vanilla xbox I've had no problems whatsoever. My PC friends' games were crashing as well as getting the black screen of death. It's been smooth sailing for me. Maybe I have been super lucky!

Can anybody kindly confirm?

• Had it happen 3 times this morning within 30 minutes.

Each time using the mermaid, not through the ferry.

It really impacts playing, as when solo I don't have a crew member I can rejoin on.

I've tried to raise a support ticket, but links to support only take me to an article page, I've scoured the support section for a way to raise a ticket but cannot find it? Can anyone advise?

edit Scratch that, @FishSt1ck sorted me out

Cheers.

• Same problems... yesterday around 6 times stuck at loading screen. And now i am currently taking a fort and i am stuck... impossible to play

• @evasive-envy said in New update 1.0.8 has an issue - loading screen issue please post here if encountered....:

I'm wondering whether both PC and xbox are encountering this problem. So far on vanilla xbox I've had no problems whatsoever. My PC friends' games were crashing as well as getting the black screen of death. It's been smooth sailing for me. Maybe I have been super lucky!

Can anybody kindly confirm?

Xbox user (vanilla) - I got it.

• Had the problem yesterday around 23:30 BST, and I'm on a Xbox One X.

A few people on my galleon crew started getting the infinite load black screen just by taking the mermaid and I finished the night ( after dying 5 or 6 times at a fort battle) stuck on the black screen after the ferry, with the spinning wheel. I could hear cannons hitting my ship and eventually the ship went down and I could hear the drowning noises. Left it on the screen for about 10 minutes until I gave up, since my entire crew had quit by then.

I can't seem to raise a ticket

• played 6 hrs around yesterday didnt happened,but my buddi had one time a blackscreen.idk why have some people that issue and some not(had it for the last patch maybe 2-3 times)

• @mmountain Yeah I just got the black screen of death twice in a row. Also submitted a bug report.

• hasnt happened to me yet but has happened to two of my crew mates who had to log out to fix it

• Constant loading if i have to mermaid or leaving the ship of the damned,thats if the game doesnt crash to dashboard 5 secs after loading into a game, every update seems to be broken

• @personalc0ffee At the moment I haven't experienced any freezing. Just the black screen.

• Playing on One X, Black screens from mermaids and ferry since latest patch, and game freezes and kicks to dashboard since last weeks rollback

• Yes, happened to me and one of our crew last night. Also game crashed and was sent back to xbox home screen during same session

• @scoilean @PomalotacusMk3 @imnotGEOFF @Riareth @KrakenFooT @MacDoland

Please would you also be able to send a report via Support so the issue is logged and the relevant teams are made aware of the scale of the issue, thanks!

• @katttruewalker shallsend report asap, first real bug since launch for me, good work guys

• I talked to Diddy Kong earlier. He said the team is working on a solution right now. Cronch more nanners.
    Aaaarrrggghhhhhh
    Its gonna be ooooooook. Tuesday from 9am BST to 1pm BST

• @katttruewalker done.

• Yes, me too. Not after I died, after they unlocked me from the brig. black loading screen for ever.. I finally quit.

• @squating-chimps This has happened to me periodically since launch.

However it seems like it may have gotten worse.

I just had this happen, waited five minutes of actually hearing gameplay of my ship sinking and my character drowning before loading in in front of the mermaid with literally zero health surrounded by passive sharks.

I made a game clip of the incident that I will probably link later.

• There's loads of problems with it.
    *One of our guys was brigged without anybody voting for it.
    *Stuck on loading screens FOREVER
    *constant errors

• @squating-chimps I got it 2 times today want to take my loot back from a pvper and it would not load me back in. did have sound of where i die and the other player taking my loot gg great game where if you die you may be in lumbo

• @katttruewalker I already downloaded it on the XBox One X this morning, it's just a bit over 150MB, so not much time is needed for the players to get the fix.

• @sirliborius Let us know how it goes... :)

• @katttruewalker Hard to tell. I got some internet issues at the moment, so the connection breaks down quite quickly and i don't bother to load up SoT and lose my progress after 30min. I just wanted to give the little extra hint i have and calm down players with a slow connection. :-)

Also i'm already at work and my boss probably wouldn't like me to play SoT in the office... or he steals my laptop and wants to play it by himself.

• @Hampich91 Please refrain from swearing on our forums, as it is against our Forum rules. Your post has been edited accordingly.

Obscene and Vulgar Language
    Swearing is not permitted on the Forums and a profanity filter is in place to block it. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• So I was just playing and after going back from Ferry of the D.amned, I got stuck on infinite loading screen again and that is after I patched the game today, which was supposedly fix this bug. :(

• Happened to me just now fighting a skeleton crew at smugglers bay. I died, was on he ferry of the damned with one or two other people, waited my turn, went through he door, black screen with ocean sounds for 10 mins now. I have loot on board and am in denial. Fake coin compensation maybe Rare? lol

Views
101 out of 102