Finally - How I imagined the game playing out!

• So I have been with the game since beta and once the game launched I even got my boys in on the action to play with me. I have to say that some might say that the game isn't for 8 and 10 year olds and in some sense they may be right but if they are saling the seas with me as the captain I feel it makes for a better experiance overall for them.

It appears that most of the truly hostile gameplay has calmed a good bit and now the game is how it should be. Hours spent playing no longer is wasted by griefers making your time miserable. Now it is a mixture of finishing the quest and losing loot between islands but that is to be expected at times. When I am playing with my boys they don't wear their headsets in case we come across the occasional bad mouth pirate but they still get to hear all the great sound effects because i turn my TV up till I need to mute it. But this game is the first game that I can sit in the same room with both my boys and spend a hour or two just having fun finding loot, sailing the seas, playing hide and seek on an island, making up our own mini-games like "make it from the island to the ship with a gunpowder barrel" before we can shoot it and so on. It is an all around fun game to play. So much fun that I am surprising both boys with a "Sea of Thieves/Pirate" theme birthday party next weekend!! Going to have some treasure maps made up and will be able to go in our big backyard and dig up some chest full of loot!!!

I even finally had my first gameplay the other night after the kids went to bed that turned out how I hoped the game would be like. I was on a 4 man ship and we sunk another and 3 pirates from the one we sunk just joined in and said "DON'T SHOOT" so we didn't and we ended up teaming up with them for 4 hours of fun!! We imposed taxes on other boats in order for them to go free and if the other boats decided to fight we fought, felt sorry for the one man sloops that chose to fight instead of paying a small tax!! But it was a blast and I am hoping with the "hungering deep" we will get more teaming up like that because it was the most fun I had since launch!!

I look forward to seeing what the game has to offer in the future and I am sure that I will be making more memories in this game with my boys in the future. I was one of the hard critics at the start that said this game wasn't worth it and overall it still isn't worth the $60 but that might be because I will need to purchase 2 copies in order for both my boys and me to play at the same time. But for the great memories, I have already made with my boys I say it is a small price to pay for the amount of fun we have already had and will have in the future. For those who don't have that experience, the game eventually will be worth it once they launch a few DLC's or I recommend instead of being hostile to everyone, start "yelling parley" "DON'T SHOOT" "lets team up" because having 2 or 3 ships together for hours of fun is an experience I am hoping to have again and hope that everyone can experience in the game!

Views
  • No offense, but I am gonna be completley honest to you, gg cause read the first 5 words and then said no cause I am too lazy to read the rest

• @kn1ghtra1der Nice to hear matey, glad you and your boys are getting the space to make your fun.

Kind of takes me back to when I was young, making games within games with my friends.

• @kn1ghtra1der

They're not griefing when they chase and steal loot. But yeah, minus the grog, I think this is a great game to have fun with the kiddo's. Personally, most of the foulest-mouthed people I've run into are themselves just kids. Perhaps they should have had a parent like you (and me), lolol.

Views
3 out of 4