A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!

• @katttruewalker said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

With no set roles, you have complete freedom to approach the world, and other players, however you choose.

That’s the real beauty of the game! And I think this point is equally as important as the need to accept that people will be pirates - some people won’t be pirates, and the game needs those people just as much. But everyone must accept that they take up their chosen role on a sea of potential thieves. That’s the game. Maybe they should call it Sea of Thieves or something...

• Obvious troll bait...

• I think this is a bad idea

• @captcrunchbeard Its not griefing, Look up the word. The game allows you to kill and take loot, therefore it can't be griefing. Now stop, you are really starting to look foolish. Next time do your research before you buy a game, instead of crying about it 3 months later and after 2 open betas.

• @captcrunchbeard said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

@lizardspider

Oh boy here we go again. "ThIs GaMe Is CalLeD sEa Of ThEiVeS"

Doesn't that argument ever get old?

The only thing that gets old is people QQing about getting attacked and having loot taken in said game.

Carry on. Or don't if you can't handle it.

• @trickrtreat01 said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

@captcrunchbeard said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

@lizardspider

The only thing that gets old is people QQing about getting attacked and having loot taken in said game.

Carry on. Or don't if you can't handle it.

Edit:
    Or how about this :
    I went to a Mexican restaurant and was served Mexican food ! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ? !!!

@lizardspider

No, because it's a lame argument. What does the title of the game have anything to do with the gameplay? That kind of thinking is why everyone thinks that Link's name is Zelda.

• @steelroots55 said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

@lizardspider

No, because it's a lame argument. What does the title of the game have anything to do with the gameplay? That kind of thinking is why everyone thinks that Link's name is Zelda.

The game was marketed as a "pirate game with pvp" so if you dislike pvp why the …. did you buy it ? never mind what it's called they said from the start 0 safe zones f*s get over it

• @rhygarth said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

@steelroots55 said in A way to solve the griefing issue once and for all!:

@lizardspider

The game was marketed as a "pirate game with pvp" so if you dislike pvp why the …. did you buy it ? never mind what it's called they said from the start 0 safe zones f*s get over it

You've ignored my entire post and are either arguing with what you've perceived my point to be or you think you're reading my mind. My only point is that making an argument based on the title of anything is baseless.

As far as your post I'd love to see the marketing materials you've seen that deliberately says "pirate game with pvp". Again, that alone wouldn't counter any argument I've ever made. I have never denied that pvp is a game mechanic. It simply isn't the core mechanic that griefers want to pretend it is.

Hey guys, so I've been thinking of an idea to stop all the griefing in this game, without needing PvP free servers because for some reason people don't like that. So I came up with an idea. What if at each outpost at the tavern, you could talk to someone to enable a non pvp mode? It would keep you on the same server with the PvPers, but your ship would take no damage from their cannonballs, and your chests can't be taken off the boat by enemy players. You could still use your cannons and guns to fight skeletons, and if you want to do some PvP in a non-greifing way like if they fire at you first, or at a skull fort but only if there isn't another ship already there (because thats greifing them, they got there first)

Curious to what you guys think. Lets get a discussion going!

I see this method being abused.

Unfortunately, the creators of the game have already said this is never going to happen. They want a game with an open world free of rules. If you don't like it then unfortunately you either need to adapt or maybe find a game that better suits those needs? :) I dunno, just throwing my two cents in.

• As the topic of this thread is covered by one of our mega-thread discussions, we will be locking this one down. Please feel free to add your thoughts on PvE vs PvP to our mega-thread!

Balancing PvE and PvP

• @Ch3wyzzz Please refrain from posts that are intended to bait or troll other users. This includes phrases such as "git gud", which are condescending and spark arguments.

Spamming, Baiting and Trolling
    Posts and threads that are created in order to spam, cause unrest or troll the community will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned.

These actions can be and are not limited to:

Creating threads, posts and content for the sole purpose of causing unrest
    Making off topic posts to derail the conversation
    Excessively using the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish
    Bullying and encouraging users to bully others.
    Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
46 out of 47