Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8

• @green-giant-530 Yes, mappable is fine. I don't need a permanent key, that was just my example.

• @danny-darth-tk Not so much a hiding spot anymore if you just told everyone you put things there. ;-)

• @ser-scottalot I agree a unmapped one would be best for text chat. But I think it should require keyboard of some kind plugged in because I feel it would not be cool texting then get slaughtered because typing with controller. Great idea as option but should require keyboardonly I use party chat to type to my crew when without mic.

• @danny-darth-tk If it's the shelf on the port side, I think it's because people who were putting skulls on it were losing them out the window.

• Again great patch!
    Thanks for endless loading time from Ferry of the Damned and "hundreds" of sharks! Good job!

• @ser-scottalot I second the Party chat to Game chat swap. So clunky to have to open the party system and go two levels deep just to switch. Although I've gotten good at it.

• @vargar I think it should require keyboard for the input of text chat so we don't have to be any levels in so we can quickly defend ourselves if need be but maybe with option to map on controller maybe with warning in options to alert players dangers

• @rockwolfhd said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

Do you guys see some kind of icon when you are transmitting voice? Becauce it should show one since the 1.0.8 patch.

Have you activated it inn the settings as on my Xbox it was set to off by default.

• @vargar nah you were able to stand/put items in the left corner of the voyage table on the sloop, but now you can't.

• Thank you for all these quality of life fixes! There's quite a lot there too so we appreciate all your hard work.

I also look forward to being able to cancel voyages without asking my crew to vote and cancel. That's awesome!

• @enragedwolf81 3/4 hidden because the different ratios TV's use this was designed for 16-9 or some other ratio not allow us to see not on proper screen ratio. If needed I can provide proof it works but it is fact game doesn't allow us to change that simple fix is screen calibration like alot of games.

Another thing is they could have presets for the different ratios fixing this problem and future problems

Look in top right corner for voice chat icon

• @enragedwolf81 Thanks ;D

• I don’t understand the three mute options. In French it seems the same + description is wrong at the bottom.

https://screenshotscontent-d3002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274837289830-private/87ea32c0-6c80-47d2-878c-449ac6f3c03f.PNG

• @nic727 ok one is to mute voices of other players one is to mute the type text I believe and one for phrases those are for other players then teammates

• @rockwolfhd said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

@enragedwolf81 Thanks ;D

No problems I noticed it when looking through to see what other settings was there.

• So many crashes of the game all over the place both on xbox and PC. As well as the longest black screens of death I have ever seen. This patch broke so many things again.

• Love what the game is so far and really like the direction you are taking it in. I think some cool things that you could add would maybe be pets like parrots or monkeys or something and also some more customization options for ship cannons would be really cool as well.

• @khaleesibot new update has crashed on my xbox ,game will not launch to play . i need a new update or something

• @solidsnakemig hey what up.

• To add to my tales of post patch woe, it turns out that now nothing is loading in at all after about ten minutes or so. If I sail beyond what had loaded up at that point, islands don't even load in. I beaches on sanctuary outpost with no outpost or even rocks in sight 🙄 I've made a whole topic with more detail (https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/60236/islands-not-loading-in-at-all-no-npcs-beaching-on-invisible-outposts-cats-and-dogs-living-together-mass-hysteria ) but it's rapidly being buried by other posts 🤨

• My only thoughts are that there seems to be an increase of sharks in the world. I got sunk near Ancient Spire and while I was looking for the Siren there were 5 sharks, then when I spawned there was 3 more sharks when I swamp out to my ship. Did this update increase the shark spawn rate? It would make sense but I didn't see anything added and I never had this much trouble with sharks before.

• Guys and gals, did I miss sloop table moving in the patch details? I’m stuck working the next 3 days out of town and can’t login to see for myself. Did it move? If yes, why did it move and what else?

• @green-giant-530 a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8 :

@nic727 ok one is to mute voices of other players one is to mute the type text I believe and one for phrases those are for other players then teammates

But why does it show the third under teammates options?

• Chiming in with my opinion. Which is....removing cosmetics making them 'limited edition' is a big giant middle finger to us players. Granted I didnt really care for em, but now that they are gone, the limited edition quality is appealing nonetheless...The fact that this news isnt given in an in game news update with ample amount of time to prepare for the removal...now a fair number of players that cant buy it, but want them now just because they are 'limited'

now...im all for limited edition cosmetics, I like the idea of rewarding active players, But you(RARE) needs to tell us things like this, especially if you get to keep using the items post removal. This is sloppy sloppy PR managment. There's no excuse to not inform us about this....and the whole..go look on the forums...Yea I do that...when theres a patch update..little good that does me now hu...thanks a bunch RARE...

The rest of the patch notes look good, some much needed things, so good job there. But seriously....you cant just up n remove things from the game and expect us not to care...when the game revolves around grinding to unlock cosmetics currently. You basically just screwed over a portion of the community for ever getting/completing a full set for those variants. Personally I am buying what I want to first, then ill work on finishing my cosmetic sets. But....now those are out the window....

• @xxxrookxxx They did move it and im kinda not happy about it.

• Looks like the loot table is back to 1.0.6. And respawn is close agian to the place the ship was sunk. Also way to many black screens loading loops with more server lag. Not all that happy about this update.

• @danny-darth-tk said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

@xxxrookxxx They did move it and im kinda not happy about it.

Why.....someone explain please. I know every corner of that sloop and spend so much time alone on it, this is gonna drive me nuts!! I don’t like channnnnggge....to my boat..

• @xmaster13ag Infinite loading screen after death here. Have they acknowledged the issue?

• @xxxrookxxx Because they dont like us...

• @commando-slippy yo! You were talking about the ‘mgs alert’ sound, so i replied to you with a lone “!” . lol that’s all.

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

@xmaster13ag Infinite loading screen after death here. Have they acknowledged the issue?

+1 here. Already lost 2h of good voyages and some good open crew adventures. The most critical issue of 1.0.8 for end user.

• +3 here. Last night while playing me and 2 other people were also getting a black screen after going through the door after death. The wheel at the bottom right was turning but it would never load. I could hear audio. I had it happen to me 3 times, friends had it happen maybe 4 or 5 each. If I played one of the instruments while walking through the door it wouldn't happen and would load properly. We were on a closed crew so could just reconnect fairly easily but this almost cost us a skull fort treasure. We nearly got sunk when I was left alone on a galleon while my crewmates were restarting their games whilst under attack by another galleon that was waiting for us... BARELY managed to keep it from sinking...

There is also WAAAAY too many sharks now after this update. Everywhere we went there was 4-5 sharks in the water almost immediately. Not sure if this is the case always or only when doing a legendary voyage but the number of sharks was insane. Also seems like if you were to shoot a shark they should turn around and f**k off for a little while? They get shot with the blunderbuss and more or less ignore it. There are in fact so many sharks now that even if falling off the ship by accident, I will almost certainly get killed by sharks before the mermaid even spawns.

• Please move the voyage table, it reverted back to where it was on patch 1.0.6 :(

• @danny-darth-tk What do you mean?

Views
1 out of 173