Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8

• Seems my game launches and then goes back to the home screen. Anyone else having this?

• Loved the tease!! Can't wait to try out all of the new features and the new content in The Hungering Deep!

• Am I missing something? I'm on PC and I checked for a Update nothing and none of these features work that are listed in the Patch update?

• @tornado-hunter1 you missed the big TOMORROW :D it is on wednesday not today

• @tornado-hunter1 Patch is due tomorrow, server maintenance was today -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/status

Wednesday 23rd May 9am – 2pm BST

• All of this sounds absolutely great to me!

Can we pretty please get the ability to put items in barrels without having them in our hands? The only thing that can go into a cannonball Barrel is Cannon so if we walk up to it we should be able to hit X or Y to pick up or put them in there without them already being in her hands. Same with bananas and planks.

Also, I saw somebody on Reddit come up with the idea of letting us hold X or Y to store or take an entire stack. This should be something pretty easy to do and would be fantastic. Think of all the wear and tear you would save on our poor controllers.

• All these little tweaks just keep making the game better & better...
    Not showy stuff, like cosmetics, which all the noise is made over- but little quality of life stuff...
    Keep adding the big stuff & the little stuff Rare- bravo!!! ;D

• Still not addressing crossplay?! The most discussed topic in this game is this garbage feature of forced crossplay and you haven't said a word! A slider?! Are you kidding me?! You think a slider is going to fix this?!

I am never going to stop saying this: I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH PC PLAYERS!
    I do not want to play with pc players because it is unbalanced and will never be a level playing field. You have to be delusional not to see this. Pc players ruin every game they touch, that is why I bought an xbox, to get away from them!

• @brlks
    You'll be doing a lot of useless typing and/or wasting a lot of breath.

• @brlks ouch...I mean I get that in Sea of thieves you have better movement control with a mouse rather than a controller...but you do not have to put every pc player in the same box and not just flame about them ruining games, thats not just wrong but also slighty offensive...just do not play a game that supports cross play then you should be all alone with the console players ;)

• @crazycruze We’ll see. It does appear they don’t have the intestinal fortitude to respond about the issue.

• something needs to be done to the skeletons in the OOS missions. this is the real joke, it takes crews so long now because of the instant shots as soon as one spots you. (its got to point of soon as you see skeleton look at you - cue the Metal gear solid alert sound before you turn to green mist )

• Wow, I must say that this is very uplifting to read. I had lost all hope for Rare's abilities and I'm happy to stand corrected. I just hope it all works and there are no more setbacks.

See, it is possible when you employ a team of actual programmers and not just 200 artists or cafeteria workers. :o)

On a personal note, thankfully these issues were addressed.
    . Distressed Chickens - The unsettling sound of a squawking chicken whilst caged is now... more bearable.
    I have chickens at home, I play the game to get away from them so I don't need to hear them in-game. lol
    Unfortunately worthless pigs still die. :/

. Whilst on the ship and in multi-ship scenarios, performance has been improved.
    . Server optimisations to reduce latency.
    . Frame rates while streaming islands have been improved.
    . Improved gunplay in high-latency network conditions.
    . Multiple server and client crash fixes.
    . Fixed areas on Smugglers Bay and Plunder Valley where Bounty Skeletons were not spawning.
    . Players should no longer encounter an issue where they are unable to interact with reward items floating in the water ....
    Some of the other fixes are nice but perhaps not on my list of concerns.

If it works out the way it is supposed to a lot of people will be happy.

• @shikia-caeleaum I stand by what I said. I meant every single word of it. Take it how you want.

• Yaaaas!

• @brlks I assure you that not all PCs are superior to Xbox One consoles. Mine is in fact slower to re-spawn than anyone I've sailed with which the majority of players have been on Xbox.
    Not every PC player can afford the latest and greatest, fastest systems. I'm lucky to get 20 frames per second, it is NEVER over 20fps and I'm viewing it through a 19" monitor.
    Your Xbox is much faster and I bet you play it through a much bigger TV. So who has the advantages?

• @admiral-rrrsole Great. I still don’t want to play with you or any other pc players. It wasn’t a question I asked, it was a statement. It’s not you personally, it’s your mouse and keyboard and the advantage that gives versus my controller. It will never be a level playing field for that 1 reason.
    No one is going to change my mind about this, it is a solid undisputed fact. Anyone who says otherwise is an unreachable fact ignoring imbecile.

• @brlks said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

@admiral-rrrsole Great. I still don’t want to play with you or any other pc players. It wasn’t a question I asked, it was a statement. It’s not you personally, it’s your mouse and keyboard and the advantage that gives versus my controller. It will never be a level playing field for that 1 reason.
    No one is going to change my mind about this, it is a solid undisputed fact. Anyone who says otherwise is an unreachable fact ignoring imbecile.

Yes of course a 4% disadvantage in movement (stated by Rare) is far worse than a very low frame rate on a much smaller screen. How silly of me.
    Thank you for pointing-out (if I may use your words) an unreachable fact ignoring imbecile.

• I'm sure this has been brought up as an issue, but I didn't see it under Known Issues. Is there any fix in the works for players being launched from the cannons and being sent in totally different directions from where they were aiming? I just haven't seen this addressed by Rare in any of their videos and it is an annoyance I deal with everytime I play. Thanks again and good job with this latest patch.

• @brlks mostly I agree. however I do have a few friends on PC that are a lot of fun to play with. games like GTA online.... no dice!

• Almost sounds like we might be able to find Merrick hanging out someplace tomorrow :O

• @personalc0ffee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

What about the return of washed up items?

I want my bottles and booty.

^Could we get an update with some sort of time line on this, please?

• @personalc0ffee please return washed up items its so hard for those that arent legends to catch up with those of us that are and it gets harder everytime yall take something away. Im legend but my wifes not and its getting really hard for them

• @brlks

Then you really shouldn’t have purchased a game where the developers stated they would never split the player b a s e.

• @tutankhaten said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

@personalc0ffee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

What about the return of washed up items?

I want my bottles and booty.

^Could we get an update with some sort of time line on this, please?

I double quote this. @khaleesibot any update here?

• @commando-slippy !

• @brlks I understand your opinion, but my point was more how RUDE and OFFENSIVE you were and you could have wrote it a little more respectful, but more importantly: just DO NOT BUY a game WITH CROSS PLAY when you do not want anything to do with pc players :D

• Patch size on x1 REG :1G2 ..... 400 mo ? oO

• @smaalx From the release notes - not sure if this is correct as I'm downloading 1.12GB atm

Download size:

Xbox One: 400MB
    Xbox One X: 400MB
    Windows 10: 800MB

• Colour Blind Accessibility - There is now a High Contrast 'X Marks the Spot' option in the Accessibility Settings. Enabling this will change the red X on the map to white with a black outline, which we understand will be easier to view for red-green colour blind pirates.

WIN!

• @katttruewalker Sorry but i m DLing right now 🙂

• @katttruewalker you are lucky :D I have a 1.27 GB download coming for my pc right now :D

• @khaleesibot O dear I hope me (Xbox player) can set te look sensitivity for my controller higher now then the maximum 10 setting! 360 moments incoming for console players? xD

• @khaleesibot sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.8:

[...]

#SeaOfTease

A lost page from Tales from the Sea of Thieves has been found washed ashore…
    Bild Text
    [...]

🤔

Views
1 out of 173