The shipwreck of plentiful rewards we left behind.

• In a hurry to finish a legendary voyage last night as a crew member had to leave the game to tend to a personal situation, we sailed past a shipwreck.
    One crew member decided to jump over board anyway, just out of curiosity.

There were seven valuable items in the one shipwreck. More than anything we've ever encountered before. I can't recall exactly what they were but our curious crew member described them all by name which lead all of them to be of great value. Almost a fort stronghold laid beneath the surface, right next to an outpost.

Could this have been by design or did someone plant it there?

Although we even had a compass bearing on it, after cashing in our loot during the storm, we went back for the shipwreck but it had despawned. :'(

Views
  • I've also encountered shipwrecks with a large number of items in them. Most I've seen though was 2 spices, 2 villainous, 1 chest of grog, 1 captains, and 1 marauders. Was a hell of a haul!

• I once came across a wreck right next to an outpost that gave me just over 4.3K gold in one haul.

• @oneeyed-w1lliam Nice haul, mate.

I couldn't help but tilt my head when watching you swim through the shipwreck, as if I were swimming. lol

• @admiral-rrrsole Same here. I was trying to duck under things.

• This morning around 3am I found a shipwreck. It had two rare silks a rare spice and rare tea as well as a captains chest and villainous skull. As I came up with the last item, the captains chest, I noticed my ship was nose diving. Here we go again, server disconnected. I had to shut the game off

• Found a wreck yesterday while on a voyage and made more out of the wreck than out of the voyage itself.
    Maybe it's a taste of things to come? They want to lure us out into the open sea to snatch us into their mermaid-man-kingdom!

• I had previously suspected that a shipwreck held 3 items or less as that seemed to be the average I was finding, but recently I've been finding a lot more in them, I don't know if this is because as my crews average level increases the loot scales up, something new to do with the hungering deep, or just because fewer people are risking going for them so there's more left when I go look. Would be interesting to know, on the average level front I don't know if it's just coincidence but I think the skull forts might pay out based on average level of the first crew to get in range, not really tested it enough to be certain but whether it's my lot or another crew that got there first I've noticed a trend in higher level players meaning higher level rewards. Could just be random though, only RNGesus has the answers...

• Had 3 spices and a villianous skull in a shipwreck last night aswell

• We were heading to an outpost last night after loading up the loot from a Skull fort. Man on the wheel announces a shipwreck to port and we turn towards it since it's close to the outpost. A villainous, crate of rare spice, a seafarer's and a disgraced bounty. Not a bad top off for the voyage.

• @krrybarker ship musta belonged to some kinda villianous spice trader

• @revanjstone Haha maybe! It was the one that spawns between sanctuary and lone cove

• Best Shipwreck I've ever looted"

1 Captain's Chest
    2 Villinous Skulls
    3 Crates of goods
    1 Castaway
    3 Message in a Bottles (Led to more skulls and gold chests)

Never had anxiety like that, once all was onboad the Sloop.

• Aye, Being married with kids and never enough time to play SoT ... I often jump online in a solo sloop and just jump in the crows nest after I launch into game. I look for any shipwrecks in the area and sail out to them, collect, and then back to the outpost to cash in.

It’s really tough to rank up in this game without The luxury of time commitment. Love the game so I have to sneak in any time I can get in order to reap the rewards in little time at sea.

• @krrybarker Now that you mention it, I do think I heard of a crazy witch from the order of souls who use to move spice in that area. Pirates would slide her extra shipments they stole from the merchants and she was gathering them at lone cove to brew a summoning potion. Guess the merchants caught on and sank her on one of her runs.

• @admiral-rrrsole I find myself doing this a lot while being captain. I always catch myself trying to duck to look under the sail, out ahead of me. lol.

• My buddy and I had crazy good luck in sunken ships last night. We were on the same server for quite awhile (about 8 hrs) with each of us taking separate breaks for dinner/family commitments. We found a ton of loot over that time in ships. One ship had 2 Exquisite Spices, which was a first for me. Also had a captains chest and a Grog chest. There were a couple of other lesser items as well.

• 7 items is also the largest number I've found, but that was launch week. Been a while since I've seen that much in a sunken ship.

Views
1 out of 18