To the galleon that waited an hour at the skull fort...

• Skull fort pops up.
    We attack it, fend off a sloop and galleon, defeat the fort, grab the keu and sail away.
    Galleon was heading at us so we took the key and ran. Galleon pulled up to skull fort and sat there waiting for us to return. No sweat we thought, we got plenty of time. Sailed out of a vision range and did a few GH missions, including one that had 8 chests on one island (most ive ever seen).
    Over an hour goes by so we think "surely no one would have sat and waited this long".. So we head back to the fort.
    Sure enough they are STILL sitting there. Once they see us they start flashing lights as if to think we are going to go over there and share or something... We turn to a nearby outpost to turn in our chests after realizing we will have to engage. As we turn away again they decide they had enough waiting and pursue us to the outpost. They catch up to us as they had the wind, only....
    To come up behind our boat, get hit with a gunpowder barrel, a few cannon shots, and sink almost immediately.
    I wanted to thank you, i was laughing so hard! For you to sit and wait all that time for us only to get sunk immediately. You could have done 2-3 other forts in that amount of time. Instead you walked away with nothing for your efforts. We hit the fort and cashed everything in.
    Forts arent worth fighting over at all, let alone waiting an hour for someone to come back with the key only to get sunk instantly.. I hope they learned something.
    Thank you. One of the funnier things ive taken part of.

Views
  • @shuoink Funny story. It amazes me that they waited a whole hour! Just wow!

• @shuoink said in [To the galleon that waited an hour at the skull fort...]

Forts arent worth fighting over at all

Somewhat untrue - I'll fight over it once, if I sink I might even return out of spite simply for the sake of PvP or even pride if nothing else. I've defended "my" skull fort against 3 ships last night happily - because frankly it's fun if nothing else.

But overall? I agree - there is too much competition for too little reward. I've had retusn from a skull fort that are less in value than my voyages in the past. At best... I might get 5k more than my average voyage.

So part of me certainly agrees. I can say this - investing an hour for a skull fort really isn't worth the time if gold/rep are your concerns.

• @evasive-envy said in To the galleon that waited an hour at the skull fort...:

@shuoink Funny story. It amazes me that they waited a whole hour! Just wow!

Not even an exxageration. Coulsnt beleive they were still there! If they actually put up a fight it would have been one thing but the fact they sunk so fast just made it sad..

• @blooddoll22 said in To the galleon that waited an hour at the skull fort...:

@shuoink said in [To the galleon that waited an hour at the skull fort...]

Forts arent worth fighting over at all

Somewhat untrue - I'll fight over it once, if I sink I might even return out of spite simply for the sake of PvP or even pride if nothing else. I've defended "my" skull fort against 3 ships last night happily - because frankly it's fun if nothing else.

But overall? I agree - there is too much competition for too little reward. I've had retusn from a skull fort that are less in value than my voyages in the past. At best... I might get 5k more than my average voyage.

So part of me certainly agrees. I can say this - investing an hour for a skull fort really isn't worth the time if gold/rep are your concerns.
    Well yeah.. If you just want some pvp action then by all means keep going back. If your doing it for rep or gold, if you cant get it done within 20-30 mins due to fighting other ships off then not worth it.
    So yes I agree with you. Worth it for pvp but not rep or gold.
    These guys sat there for an hour then died almost immediately, what a waste for them on both fronts

• When I was newer to the game, I thought Skull Forts were basically the only way to really make some gold. I even fought on a galleon, against two other galleons for 3 hours once. We eventually won the battle and got the fort and the loot, but it was something I promised myself I'd never do again. Spending an hour fighting for a fort, sure, fine, but once it passes that point I'm moving on.

• @shuoink

Only an hour?
    You should check out my story The Battle For Shark Fin Camp, that crew camped at the fort for around 3 hours and ended with nothing. Not sure the mindset of these players, would love to be a fly on their ships to see what they get up to during the time.

So I totally agree, Skull Forts aren’t worth fighting over. Unless I'm right next to one I don't bother and leave it to those who crave PvP. Uninterrupted you can take a fort down in 10-15min so the reward isn't too bad, but if another ship turns up to fight I just let them have it.

Had a skull cloud pop up the other day but decided to do a MA instead. First took around 15 mins earing over 10k and a second around 6k in 10 mins. So roughly 25 mins to earn over 16k in peace while others fought over a fort. That particular fort remained active for over an hour while 2 ships battled over it.

If you're looking for some PvP and not interested in the reward then Skull Forts will interest you. Occasionally I'll come across a crew that wants to team up but it's rare.

Views
1 out of 8