skull fort tactics

• hello, was just wondering what everyones tactics are to a skull fort I personally like to pull up the sails and have someone take out the towers while someone is on repairs until it is chilled out then we keep anchor up with sails so we can turn to enemies that come near us and the towers will help. usually, do the door strat anyone else got a different way they prefer?

Views
  • @lol-i-cant-see we usualy try to park between towers, so they can't hit us, but can hit anyone else. Raise the anchor so we can turn around freely.

As for dealing with skeletons, the usual, standing in the doorway, pool for gold ones, sometimes standing on 1st floor near the ammo box.

• pretty much standard fare there, which is why it would be great if they would throw some randomness into the process. some ship boarding skellys, different cannon tower placements, waves that spawn in and outside the door, and i'm sure alot more.

• @sir-lotus yeah sounds about right you would be amazed by how some people try to complete it. always get that random teammate to join and drop the anchor or sails XD Maybe others will join in and explain their tactics.

• @squallycircle7 i have to agree with you. :) once you learn how to do it, it's pretty fast and boring.

• @squallycircle7 a dit dans skull fort tactics :

pretty much standard fare there, which is why it would be great if they would throw some randomness into the process. some ship boarding skellys, different cannon tower placements, waves that spawn in and outside the door, and i'm sure alot more.

Zombies shark skeletons with a gunpowder barrel attach to them, to create a kamikaze attack.

• @grievous32 you read my devious mind.

• My tactics?

Well... you’ll have to see for yourself, if we ever meet at a fort.

• Just full blast to the fort. park where towers won't hit you, but will hit other ships. (so leave the towers up they're your defense). Leave anchor up so you can turn your boat towards other ships coming at you so you can hit them from no matter what angel they're at. (You'll always get the shot). Keep a barrel close in case you can explode their ship and get on. Easier if they are anchored.

As for the fort, I've used multiple tactics. You can either kite and use the cannon from your ship, or just bunch them together and sword them all down with a multiple people. If they have pistols, use a door or tight opening. If you don't want gold from the barrels you can also use them to easily kill waves grouped up.

The golden metals just take to water, you can use a bucket still I think to throw water on them too.
    The Grass just use sword they die fast to sword, and not guns.
    The whites you can do whatever. Blunderbuss usually 1shots them close range, and sword will take about 5-6 swings.
    The Darks/Ghosts just use your lantern and blunderbuss them, or if you have multiple people have 1 person lantern while the other shoots/sword.

Always check the waters in-between waves to see where ships are and if they're coming. Towers shooting will let you know that they're close (in music range).

When you get the key always scout the area 2-3 times again before opening to make sure.

• @lol-i-cant-see I’m a fort farmer, what we usually do is sail slowly from a distance, then launch a player to take out the skeletons in the towers. We then move in and anchor, raise sails, raise anchor so we have 360 turnabilty. If their is already a ship there , same concept...launch a player to them, anchor them, put holes in their ship(typically there is a powder keg in the forts) and defend the holes. One of the fastest way to get sunk is having the Skeleton fort shoot at you wile a enemy crew boards you.

• If it’s me and a friend on a sloop, park between two towers, with enough distance that the cannons can hit the shore, and lead the waves out to get blasted. Anchor and sails up at all times. If it’s a galleon, same tactic except we do doorway instead of cannons, but I stay on the ship and blast the doorway if a bunch of Skellies group up. Any ships come we all get back to the ship, I shoot over and drop thier anchor so my crew can light them up while I defend holes.

• For a real challenge try to do a Fort solo.

The skeletons often shoot you right off your ship upon approach so stay off helm. If another ship shows up either make an alliance or you will likely lose to a 4 man crew. 2 man crews can be defeated but again an alliance is best. I use GPB's to clear waves. The only real challenging wave for me is the night skeletons with guns at night. My best technique for them is to use lantern and pistol one by one trying to isolate single skeletons.

The most satisfying experience I have playing this game anymore is completing a Fort solo.

Good Luck!

• Cool! This topic is rad yo!

• @lol-i-cant-see

hello, was just wondering what everyones tactics are to a skull fort I personally like to pull up the sails and have someone take out the towers while someone is on repairs until it is chilled out then we keep anchor up with sails so we can turn to enemies that come near us and the towers will help. usually, do the door strat anyone else got a different way they prefer?

@sir-lotus

@lol-i-cant-see we usualy try to park between towers, so they can't hit us, but can hit anyone else. Raise the anchor so we can turn around freely.

As for dealing with skeletons, the usual, standing in the doorway, pool for gold ones, sometimes standing on 1st floor near the ammo box.

@lol-i-cant-see

@sir-lotus yeah sounds about right you would be amazed by how some people try to complete it. always get that random teammate to join and drop the anchor or sails XD Maybe others will join in and explain their tactics.

You guys pretty much have it covered! The only time we will take out a tower is if the tower we parked right next to has a pistol skeleton that keeps shooting and annoying you while on your boat. This can be a problem is someone approaches the fort.

• Here’s one for approaching an occupied fort.

I usually park a distance away behind rocks if possible then launch a crew mate or three depending on if I’m on a sloop or galleon, always one on board.

Everyone parks between towers now and most people leave their anchors up and have gotten a few barrel bombs in the crows nest or nearby.

Turn boat towards your ship and lower sails broadside their ship to towers and set anchor, attempt to barrel bomb their ship with their own supply while person who remained on board your ship pulls up for cannon fire.

It’s***t and miss generally though this works well for me, ram the tower on your way out and guard the hull until towers and your own ship can sink the vessel.

• @warlordwoody22

Edited out hit and miss.

• @lol-i-cant-see dock the ship at the blind spot of the fort (everyone has one)
    All the crew rush to the main hall entrance to make all the skeletons merge there. They arrive and die, pistols and Blunderbuss don't have aim to us. Sword swings and 5 min fort's done.

1. Clear theatre of all enemy presence.
    2. Initial attack on Fort (Leave one sword skeleton from first wave alive
    3. Secure all TNT barrels from the island (including the ones in the sea towers).
    4. look out takes position with sniper and pistol.
    5. Kill the sword Skeleton and begin blending and/or assassination of the metals.
    6. Kill the Captain
    7. Look out gives perimeter status.
    8. If enemy ship ETA is 2 minutes or more then we open/load/& go.
    9. If enemy ship is inside two minutes, we secure the key, engage them and sink them before returning to Fort.
    10. If they run we'll continue our quest and sometimes use the key on another Fort that still has loot in it or return later to collect.
      "Always have a plan and prepare to improvise"🙂
Views
9 out of 19