[Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews

• For some reason I am not getting the option for open or closed crew it still gives me the choice of sail alone, full crew. For both the sloop and the gallion. Am I doing something wrong?

• Finally a day to play with no work or distractions. GG

• @majorfiend
    That feature along with giving items to your crewmates & invisible gamer tags underwater all had to be temporarily removed due to the issues that arose yesterday!

• @etsxdirty be wary as you travel the seas, Almondbeard just might disconnect thee. What i'm saying is there has been some server issues since the patch and that random disconnects have been happening. You should get a warning before you sail.

• @khaleesibot
    This whole functionality is NOT working for me even though I downloaded the update

• @lcorrupt-pk many things were removed due to issues, all features except the chest drop rate was removed after roll backs from disconnects from server issues

• @lcorrupt-pk @MajorFiend

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/996615009483481088

• @ohendogo so the whole open closed group sessions wasnt released yet? If so why are they saying it has

• @lcorrupt-pk said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:

@ohendogo so the whole open closed group sessions wasnt released yet? If so why are they saying it has

It was released. Now it's supposed to be getting pulled along side the gamertag disappearing underwater feature until they fix server stability.

• @lcorrupt-pk It was but then got pulled back in the early hours of this morning... It will be back again when all the issues have been ironed out.

• @vyx XP Boosts!
    I think it would be a cool idea to add XP boosts on to daily, weekly and monthly events if the devs do release events. Not a gold boost but just XP for turning in chests, skulls etc.. For example, lets say I do a daily event and complete it. It would be cool to recieve like a 10% XP boost for lets say an hour or so. That way I can load up on chests or chickens and sell them before the time runs out. Now for weekly or monthly obviously the % and time frame would raise for doing a harder and also more rare event.
    Thank you!

• @dreamingnomad I agree on a variety of ships, but four people on a sloop is too much, and even without the extra cannons, you have a pilot, a cannoneer, a repairman/sail optimiser, and a boarder/engager

• @nebenkuh said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:

@j-train13x
    "what would be the point of galleons if you could just have 4 people on a sloop "

• faster
    • more firepower
    • harder to sink
    • harder to board
    • easier to board from
    • more supplies
    • less affected by waves so more stable platform to fire from
    • looks better
    • it's more fun to sail as a team
    • higher mast so easier to keep watch
    • proper captains quarters
    • don't get knocked over board as easily
    • helm is in a better position compared to the sloop (boarders have to go up the stairs to get to helm, or go to the front to get to anchor - on the sloop, it's all in the same place)

Many advantages. Speed alone is a main selling point for me tbh. Sloops are just so friggin slow.

But Galleons are

• slower against the wind
    • Easier to sink
    • easier to sneak onto
    • harder to sneak in general
    • less efficient supply storage
    • less affected by waves so easier to hit
    • looks more obvious
    • sloops would be a team anyway
    • higher mast so much harder to climb up and down
    • proper captains quarters to hide in easily
    • a lot easier to hit on deck
    • helm is in a worse position compared to the sloop (impossible to see) and the sloop anchor and helm is a lot easier to fix
      harder to run efficiently as everything takes so long and turning takes ages
      Many disadvantages. Speed alone is a main selling point for me on the slooptbh. Sloops are just so good at turning and so fast against the wind and real easy to run
  • I my self am not having the best of luck with everything. After the patch was released another server brake then soon followed. after returning to the game I can no longer start a closed crew season and not sure why all my other friends seem to be having no issue with this please fix

• Logged in today and found all of my gold reset to zero. Not a huge deal, tbh. Guess who just sailed around allmondbeard errors and into enemy ships today. Lol

• I picked a bad time to go achievement hunting. Last night my mate and I were trying for the 20 chest achievement, 2 Capt, 2 Mara, 4 Seafare, 2 Cast, 2 Skulls, 1 silk and 1 tea and then AllmondBeard for us both. Shame there's no recovery options, made for an interesting discussion on my stream at least.

Looking forward to the features being re-implemented, the Closed Crew is the feature I was most looking forward to, but I'll take a stable server instead.

• @khaleesibot Its a great and beautiful game and I cant wait til its fully ready. On that note, can we please get this game to work for more than 2 hours without something going awry?

• Just wanted to know, has this update been released yet? Because when I play sea of thieves i dont have the option to have an open or closed crew

• @khaleesibot
    Hi i really need help with update 1.0.7. It says the game updated yesterday but the game has not changed. I dont have any options avalible to make an open or closed crew. Abd game just freeze if i try to play.

• Since Feedback of the patch is being watched for here :

• Standardize your communication and your community managers. Consistent messages that aren't too vague but do not give wrong impressions about what is being conveyed. If you are going to use Social media + forums + discord, post to all at once please, or not at all. The sporadic communication (by platform) causes confusion with your customer base. Use your "unused" message of the day code to send out immediate messages to the game while loading. If you are going to force us to always read it, then start using it as a communication method of what is happening.

• Determine if you have the resources and ability (cost, process etc) to do a BETA / UAT environment for your users that will help as QA for free. It will help you in the long run.

• Fix the testing process of your patches - especially ones that are already delayed. Triple check that everything works before it goes out. If you delay due to features not working, then push a patch and remove almost all the features you were going to do (plus even some like the random washed up loot that aren't part of the patch), that REALLY doesn't look good.

• You probably did this early morning / last night, but going to put here anyways. Consider full rollback of patches. Not feature turn off. It was middle of the night / early morning for your devs. Having to struggle to fix issues that early in the morning sucks for any dev, and makes solving it exponentially harder. If you have the ability, you probably should just full roll back, test everything again and isolate, then push out again when you are sure it's ready to go. This gets your users playing again quicker with no issues, but just disappointed at losing the patch. But saves you the headache of finding more bugs from your users instead of internally.

• Be transparent about using the extra time and delaying content as you've had issues. If you were working on weekly patches, and your teams are podded as you have mentioned, then we would have already had different content already being worked on and finished for this week. But it was delayed a week because you had issues with a single feature. You didn't put your entire dev team in that pod trying to fix a single feature (or at least I hope you didn't), so that means folks kept coding. But nothing extra was released because your builds were also "delayed". At least be transparent that that is what you are doing, as it makes the message about you doing "weekly releases" not seem as valid.

• Is there any reason why the update is not working on my console or my PC if anyone can please help

• @khaleesibot I must be losing it because I could have sworn this feature was there when I updated but now that I am in it I don't see this any more just the normal crewing options.

Is it or is it not available?

• It's not letting me start a private crew and solo a Galleon until friends get on. What am I doing wrong here?

• Hey guys do you still have the bug that crew mates doesn't hear the sound of instruments ?
    I've it and it's a bit frustating ..

• it has been temporarily removed due to almond beard connection issues. hopefully back soon/

• @sircopperbullet that feature has been removed for now we will get info as soon as Rare wakes up in the UK Morning

• so the open/closed crew is off. any report on any of the other features

• One addition I would like to see that goes into the same direction as the open and close crew option is to change the type of ship while staying in a session.

Say you are on a sloop and in the middle of an awesome quest with a friend. Then another friend wants to join but you don't just want to abandon the quest nor let them wait for a long time (which is a situation I had to deal with quite often so far). So you could just order a galleon to spawn at a nearby island (or outpost), transfer your items onto that ship and have the sloop scuttled once everything is done.

And if one crewmate ends up leaving you could go back to a sloop again to not have to pilot a galleon with only two people (which isn't impossible but not really ideal).

Another nice option would be to select if you want to go with a galleon or two sloops instead.

This would be another step to make it easier for people to organize play sessions, which is quite important for a game that lends itself to longer uninterrupted sessions.

• @skirakzalus So in essence letting a crew control 2 ships. I don't see that happening. However, there are voices going for a scuttle ship and replace with a different type if the party can support it (so a 4 man crew can't goto a sloop). (Personally I'm waiting for the next ship type to appear in the summer, preferably on my birthday)

• @majorfiend said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:

For some reason I am not getting the option for open or closed crew it still gives me the choice of sail alone, full crew. For both the sloop and the gallion. Am I doing something wrong?

Same here...

• @truthfullist56 weird. gonna test myself now

• @xgodkevin
    Well other people here are saying they pulled most of the update to fix the servers... Not sure if that's true or not though.

• @truthfullist56 just logged in to try. I can see both open and closed crews.

• @xgodkevin
    Alright, good. Should've mentioned I was trying last night, not today. Thanks for letting me know!

• @truthfullist56 no problem!

Views
4 out of 132