Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• Sea of Thieves

Verified account

@SeaOfThieves
    Follow Follow @SeaOfThieves
    More
    The #SeaofThieves servers are back online and ready to be plundered! Open and Closed Crews and hidden nameplates underwater have made a return after some quick repairs. Have fun out there, pirates!

• How about the loot? Better rewards for higher levels? Did it get cut?

• @captgraykid Nope all bug fixed and adjustments all stayed in.

• I am on PC. The game is crashing, i think lag is worse and i have also been kicked from servers a few times. Are you guys going to roll back? The new functionality is not worth these issues.

• @Rare-Employee @khaleesibot in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Patch Notes - 1.0.7

Updates

• Here, take this! - Imagine the scene, skeletons surround your crew, your crew-mate has been bitten by a snake, they have no bananas and there are no resource barrels in sight! Now you can help them CRONCH their way to full health by handing them a banana! This also works with wooden planks and cannon balls. You helpful pirate you!
      Unfortunately this feature is causing an issue and needs to be temporarily removed from Patch 1.0.7 while we investigate further.

can you confirm that the only thing eliminated from today's (17.05) extraordinary maintenance is "Here, take this!"?
    Thank You
    :D

• Great work Rare, keep it up. Hopefully the bugs that shipped out with 1.0.7 get patched up soon, I'm itching to play!

• Did anyone else get a message just now on their screen randomly saying
    “The world is changing, new dangers there be Between boundless sky and treacherous sea On rolling waves with sails unfurled Ships come to plunder this new word” it then faded away anyone any idea?

• @fade-voltix

That's a server migration. No cause for alarm

• @fade-voltix That's the message you receive when merging servers.

• It would be nice to see a version stamp at the bottom right hand corner within the game menu or something.

• Uhhhh. I think something is wrong. This is my character right now. My partner's name is white and I can strike her. No damage is done but it's like the game thinks I am a skeleton. My weaponry is off and doesn't aim properly.

alt text
    alt text

• @manbearpig7xx gotta love people who disagree and say there isnt much advantage, they obviously haven't had to deal with the pc player jumping and doing 360 headsets while you can't even turn fast enough to look at them even with the highest sensitivity on the xbox. Cross platform is the definition of unfair gameplay

• yeah my game still freezes at really bad moment in the game like at skull forts or fighting another ship

• Is the Sea of Thieves Twitter header image a hint for The Hungering Deep or has that always been there! It looks like there is a large sea creature (bigger than the boat) with a couple shark-like fins below the water where the player is swimming. It could just be underwater rocks, but I don’t know if any jagged fin-shaped rocks beneath the surface like that. Thought anyone?

• @captaingraey I think leviathan

• would like to publicly apologize to RARE, these days I put some posts' bad, but I felt teased, but last night I was able to see for myself the excellent work done and I FINALLY saw the trailer of the new dlc THD. ..thanks and keep making this game magnificent ... that is UNIQUE of its kind

• Finish this crossplay s**t. That's the main reason for your servers. I'm also sure now, that is cheated on the PC. It's no fun when in the middle of the sea, a single pirate appears on your ship, like a crazy jumps around and I shoot him a thousand times in the face and he continues anyway. But yourself die (with full life) after a blow with the sword. come on ... change that !!

• @mondplunder44 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Finish this crossplay s**t.

Sorry mate but do you have any idea how much time, money and effort was invested in cross play? Micro$oft will not simply drop it any time soon.

That's the main reason for your servers.

Really? So you know for sure that the 14% of the SoT player base being PC users are at fault for server issues? Most of which would have actually bought the game at full price, as opposed to the Xbox game pass.
    So it has nothing to do with server hoppers and the stupid "Leave Game" menu selection making people totally load the entire game from scratch again?

• @AsumaSaito Your post has been deleted for posting a link to a cheat or a hack. This is not permitted on the Forum.

A reminder of the Forum Rules:

Cheats and Hacks

Discussing Cheats and Hacks including but not limited to their use and where to get them will result in a permanent ban from the Forums. If you want to report a cheat, hack or bug you have discovered, please contact Support.

Hacks and cheats are not acceptable, we investigate every report of hacking and cheating.

Thank you!

• @waynebebay said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Uhhhh. I think something is wrong. This is my character right now.

Looks like your model never finished loading in. I'm usually the first crewmate to load when I play with others, and I've watched them spawn in, they always start off as a green skeleton for a second or two while the details of their pirate load. Yours appears to never have completed loading.

No clue on the white name bit.

• @mrbear24 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

[Mod edited]

Hmm seems like you are the keyboard warrior sir, maybe calm down a bit?
    Also i'm not a coward, but i'm not going to travel to America just to talk to some kid with a big mouth on the internet.
    If you are willing you are more than welcome to come to the Netherlands.

Fact still is that Rare has said May, too bad people can't understand that.

• @mrbear24
    Wow. Posting your address on a forum. Not the smartest play in the book.

• @MrBear24 Please refrain from posting personal information, swearing, and attempting to incite violence within our community. These are serious violations of our Forum rules and will not be tolerated.

Distribution of Real-Life Personal Information
    Sharing any real-life information about Rare Employees, Global Moderators, Deckhands or Community Members will result in a permanent ban from the Forums. ‘Self-Doxing’ will result in a permanent ban from the Forums, please do not post the personal information of anyone, including yourself.

• My frame-pacing issues have returned even worse than before in this update.

The Vsync issue that was introduced in 1.0.4 was fixed in 1.0.6 but now it's back and even turning Vsync off and dropping everything down to "Rare" settings doesn't mitigate issues. The frame stuttering is incredibly bad, to the point where I actually feel nauseous playing at times.

The FPS counter still shows a solid 60FPS for the most part with Vsync off but the frames are not being rendered uniformly, so the appearance is judder on a 60Hz display (Samsung TV). Turning Vsync on results in major framerate drops as frames that don't render on time are dropped completely.

Prior to 1.0.4, and for 1.0.6, I was able to run an almost completely smooth 60FPS at Legendary settings.

Specs: Ryzen 7 1700x, Asus Dual GTX1060 6GB, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

• Thank you Rare for keeping up on the updates. I will say for the community we appreciate it and look forward on seeing what's to come. I love this game and enjoy watching it expand and grow. I can't wait for the Hungering Deep!!!

• We just ran a private crew of 2 on a galley for 6 hours, invited an extra crew mate to the game and the game instantly crashed for the 2 of us. No beard error. Lost a shipload of loot again.

So just a caution to anyone running private crews, maybe cash in before sending an invite!

• @personalc0ffee true. We were more upset for being booted from the server than losing the loot as we couldn’t get back in

• @khaleesibot My daughter and I play Sea Of Thieves together, and recently we'd noticed a lot more washed up items on shore (crates, vases, spices, skulls,etc) and it really added to the game. For one thing many of the islands are vast, but totally empty. Nothing to do, no reason to explore beyond digging up the X on the map and moving on. No mystery, or sense of exploration rewarded, until we started noticing washed up items and random chests

Suddenly it was fun and rewarding to actually explore. Scouring the beaches, caves, etc for hidden treasure. it became more of an adventure. It was a huge improvement

HOWEVER...

Today we log on after the newest update and soon realized that these random treasures have been apparently removed COMPLETELY. We played for over 5 hours. sailed all over, completed many contracts, and did not find a single one. Nada... nothing. Even the bottle quests seem to be removed

Normally, when playing that long we would have found many. As far as I can tell they have been removed entirely from the game. This is a huge step backward. As I said, your islands are all pretty, but ultimately empty. There is nothing to discover, nothing to do. Just big vacant landmasses. It starts feeling very shallow after awhile. While random treasures aren't exactly the fix, they were a good first step. Why in the world would you remove them???

• @airsicktimelord said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Why in the world would you remove them???

They mentioned in a tweet one of their fixes to the constant server crashing was to remove random loot from beaches almost entirely. It's not an intentional design decision but a "lesser of two evils" short-term fix.

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Progression & Economy Updates

• Price Changes - Greedy pirates had overpriced the Castaway Bilge Rat weapons and ship liveries. These have now been reduced. Anyone who purchased items within this set pre-price adjustment will have the difference reimbursed very soon.

Any chance we'll be reimbursed before you remove those items on the 22nd? I have 140k gold I'm waiting to get back from purchases over a month ago, and I'd still like to buy some of the stuff being removed on the 22nd.

• Haven't encountered a single beach loot item in the past 2 days.

• Since the announcement:
    "Strike Gold - As Pirates rank up with all the trading companies, the chances of finding more valuable rewards has been increased. Say good-bye to those Castaway Chests at higher ranks!"

My Gold Hoarder faction level is 43. Immediately following the patch release I was digging up a bunch of 1000 Grog Chests and Chest's of Sorrow which was awesome and very surprising, this was from about Tuesday to Thursday, since Friday I haven't unearthed a single one. As an example, yesterday I went on a 4 voyage cruise (all Gold Hoarders), by the end I had just under 30 chests and a number of skulls / crates, almost the full majority of chests were Marauder, some Seafarer, and 3 Captain Chests. I understand the drop rates result in inconsistent discovery experiences, but it feels like the probabilities are being tweaked without notice, I don't know if this is possible since most content alterations require a patch, but I know this can be possible (tech pending) as the game company I work for can release certain types of content without the need of a patch.

I could just be having a sting of bad luck, which would make this whole post pointless and I apologize, but if I am correct and the probabilities are being altered on the fly, please just keep us in the know, this is a negative user experience.

• Thank you guys for this amazing game lovin it very much!!

Views
57 out of 456