Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• @weedstar-deluxe Yeah, I was hoping this issue would be fixed in 1.07 as well. Maybe it is, but it's not in the release notes.

Often I end up on The Ferry of the Damned, and either the person I'm playing with has no clothes on (except underwear), or I'm like that to them (though to myself I look fine).

Once leaving the Ferry of the Damned, and back on my boat, our characters still appear clothless to each other, but to ourselves look ok.

I have filed a bug report on this before and was told it was a known issue.

• @mad-jack-ketch do you run the game in Full-screen Windowed mode?

Only other thing I can think of is a potential lack of dedicated RAM

• Finally I can start a solo galleon

• "Closed Crews: This option allows a single player to begin a game on either a Galleon or a Sloop..."

Woo-hoo, so this means I, as a single player, can single play in a galleon. Probably not a recommended style of play - but could be fun!! :-D

• @ivarr waste valuable dev time? They already designed it for win10 buddy...

Also, calm down. I have a headset. I use a headset. That doesn’t mean everyone else does though. You can’t force people to talk. I’m not gonna send a nasty message to a mute crew mate to buy a headset am I? You probably would though.

Not everyone likes to talk and at certain times people can’t talk. Late at night, sleeping babies beside them etc. All I’m asking is for a way to communicate with players who are in a party chat or something. It’s not the biggest ask is it? How do I tell a random crew mate that I saw a shipwreck north?

Oh right, select the spyglass “there’s something in the water” select the compass “north!” My crew looks north to see what I see. It could be barrels for all they know. Imagine if I could just type “shipwreck, north!”

Too much to ask I suppose.

• @thewolfman321 I can alt tab no problem in windowed, but I want to play in fullscreen.

• @khaleesibot no skellies aimbot nerve?

• @sun4k0 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

This is big nerf for ppl that collect achievements. What if somebody want collect 1000 castaway chests?

Make this person walk the plank, in real life. Who wants to brag about 1000 of the worst chests?

• @crisp-the-fox extrem busy mode,will do it later :D

• Wind lines aren't appearing for me, fixed upon death however, idk if this is worth your attention since you can use the flag atop the mast

• Well thank you RARE for finally for adding the Open/Closed Crew option even though this should of been a feature at launch better late then never i guess, but i'm still a little disappointed that no new content has been added yet, but i guess it best to fix the game first before adding content, keep up the good work.

• @hudson-rl said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Xbox text speak or we riot! Or I do nothing and feel disappointed until it’s added in. ❤️

I notice that there is no mention of silent instruments or when we lose our clothes after a trip to the ferry of the damned. They are not listed as fixed and are not shown as known issues? What’s going on here?

See... this isn't a massive issue for me... We party up and then switch the party controls option to game chat - that way we are still in the game chat and able to hear other crews, but we can also just send text messages directly to the crew as well for all the party to read!

• alt text

• @personalc0ffee yeah its all well and good saying "Go and look at the Roadmap" but when they said content would be added early May in their original video and then changed their minds its a little bit hard to accept

• @khaleesibot Great updates and fixes again.

Especially like that the closed crew works as I hoped, that anyone from your friendslist can join without invite. I also see some changes in regards to GPU crashes, so maybe I turn my lighting a bit higher than cursed when playing on PC then :)

• @sshteeve well I’m pleased it isn’t an issue for you. Sounds like you play with a full crew of mates I presume? However I usually have 2 or 3 mates on when we play so we often we have a random crewmate or two who has no intention of communicating. Makes for a rather stressful experience when I can’t just type shipwreck north or skullfort?

There is an option to join random crews and I imagine a lot of players use this so adding text speak is a nice quality of life improvement that would benefit many. Like I said that I’m glad this isn’t an issue for you 👍

Also, I’m pleased you can hear other crews because most of the time they are in party chat themselves.

• awesome patch! :D I just hope I can now grind the 380k gold for the items that get removed next week ;)

• Strike Gold - As Pirates rank up with the Gold Hoarders and Order of Souls trading companies, the chances of finding more valuable rewards has been increased. Say good-bye to those Castaway Chests at higher ranks!

More money or more rep?

• @hudson-rl Can you not invite randos to a party though? If they wont party up to at least text-chat then that's always a good sign to abandon ship and find a new crew.

In answer to your question no, more often than not I play with one particular friend and we random up, pic from a few people we have seen on the sea (wouldn't class as friends), or just duo.

• @oxynator It states that the Castaway chest will be a thing of the past in higher ranks - so more gold, which also = more rep. One and the same.

• @hudson-rl Don't you have a voice? It works better than typing

• @sshteeve great so instead of just adding text speak. A nice little feature in many social games, a feature that’s already implemented on the windows version of sea of thieves. I have to keep abandoning ship and finding a new crew.

Not everyone wants to talk, not every one can talk. How’s that so hard to understand. I don’t care if my whole crew talks tbh. I don’t plan on being mates with them after that session but it would be nice to communicate through text for the ones not willing to talk. Giving them access to text chat also makes them a better crewmate.

Sometimes I only want to jump on a galleon for 40 minutes and the preset text options are so limited. Can ask to go the skullfort, can’t see if anyone wants to do a merchant voyage, can’t tell them where a shipwreck is. ETC ETC ETC.

• I would get the one persistent issue after 8 weeks...

• @hudson-rl
    First of all, not your mate, second of all, it's a forum, people reply.
    There's nothing i don't understand other than your random animosity!

Peace out and happy sailing with randos who wont talk...

• @khaleesibot So, I went to Ancient Spire to check out the new Imperial Sovereign stuff..I see there's still no figurehead, equipment, or cutlass?

• @hudson-rl you sound so entitled.. they will work on it if the community wants it. Stop cracking the whip

• Nice long list of fixes/updates you guys have been busy, thanks. Also nice small update size is appreciated, won't have to wait all day to play again.

Is the hungering deep update still due out later this week? Will that be friday/saturday time?

• @sshteeve money equals to the rep? sounds new to me...
    ok the castway Ikea chest is gone (maybe) ..

but how about Seafarers or Marauders Chest okay Marauders is almost value

• My game crashes on the splash screen, ... again!

It seems to happen every time there is an update. Previously ways I have fixed it ...
    ... once restarting my PC worked, but only once. (not working this time)
    ... on other occasions I've had to reinstall the whole game. (not tried it yet, but it didn't work the last time)
    ... the last time, I was recommended that I needed to update my Windows 10 (which worked but as it's now up to date, i can't do that again)

I am going to try reinstalling the whole game again, which is a major pain and may or may not work.

If anyone from Rare is listening ... it would be nice if you could give me a permanent solution so I could install the patch updates without having to deal with this issue every time.

• @oxynatOr
    I've read a few times from the old hats on here that the amount of rep received is linked to the amount of gold you have - larger items like the Captain's chest will award between 900 - 1200 gold, with your rep jumping up in a faction at a similar rate.
    I would assume that the numbers have been synced to make it easier for the devs, but i could be wrong. This way of thinking would also explain why the first update nerfed the money received from chests - stopped people from gaining rep too fast and slowed progression.

from what the post says i suppose we can also assume that if you are on a level 45+ voyage you should only receive things like Marauders, Captain's, Grog and Sorrows. Perhaps even Marauders would be removed as well.

• Man, I was really hoping they would be adding the four players sloops with the private crews. Hopefully it'll be coming soon with Hungering Deep instead.

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Patch Notes - 1.0.7

• Resolved an issue on Faithful Isle which could have prevented players from completing riddle voyages.

Shouldnt that say Old Faithful Isle????

• The New Hull+Sails with the Legendary Figurehead.

The New Hull+Sails with the Legendary Figurehead.

• at 18: 00 I will be home ready to form a private crew, but the trailer and release date of THD?

Views
53 out of 456