Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• @varneth Absence of maintenance? They are doing maintenance and patches every week. As far as AAA titles with issues as bad if not worse, you must be joking. Battlefield 4, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Unity, Diablo 3, Arkham Knight, Dragon Age: Inquisition, GTA Online, Driveclub, Halo: Master Chief Collection, Eve Online Trinity, Dead Island, SimCity, World of Warcraft (multiple occasions), Half-Life 2, Final Fantasy 14, Thief, Madden (multiple titles, especially recent ones), FIFA (multiple titles, especially recent ones), NBA 2k## (multiple titles, especially recent ones), Oblivion, Skate 3, Pokémon Red & Blue, and many, many more.

• @qwikkillabdawg There are still server issues, so the reason you haven't seen any active forts is most likely because the servers you've been joining haven't been active long enough for a fort to pop yet.

• @el-mandarina
    I was suggesting a temporary solution that works better than an xbox text chat.

• @oxynator
    lol

• @leospot828 Yes you clarified what I meant, when bugs are over bugs it becomes much harder to locate where the problem is, which would cause the developer to scratch his head more often spending hours just trying to locate them. Peace

• New update on the issues people are experiencing. https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/59259/allmondbeard-error-fix-implemented

• @juantrabubu I do see your point and i understand, but i defend it because
    ever since they showed us the trailers years ago it had and still has all the things that was in said-trailers. No lies No filter, i got what i knew was in the game!, its not like they said there was water dragons or an island filled with leaks and roblox characters. If you don't like whats in it right now then play a different game and wait until it has enough content for ya

• @leospot828 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@varneth Absence of maintenance? They are doing maintenance and patches every week. As far as AAA titles with issues as bad if not worse, you must be joking. Battlefield 4, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Unity, Diablo 3, Arkham Knight, Dragon Age: Inquisition, GTA Online, Driveclub, Halo: Master Chief Collection, Eve Online Trinity, Dead Island, SimCity, World of Warcraft (multiple occasions), Half-Life 2, Final Fantasy 14, Thief, Madden (multiple titles, especially recent ones), FIFA (multiple titles, especially recent ones), NBA 2k## (multiple titles, especially recent ones), Oblivion, Skate 3, Pokémon Red & Blue, and many, many more.

Weird, I never had any major problems with most of the single player games you mention. Also saying everybody does it, doesn't excuse it.

• I noticed you forgot to mention moving the shelf on the sloop away from the windows.

• @mattydove74 You must not have played them close to launch. You can look up and find the complaints about game breaking bugs for each and every one of the games I mentioned.

As for not excusing them because it happens to other devs, I think all the devs are excused. A vast majority of the time it's not the fault of the devs when there are bugs in games. It's the fault of the current gamers who are impatient and want their games, dlc, patches, etc. right now, and don't want to wait. That sort of attitude makes publishers even more money hungry, pushing insane timelines on devs. Even the best devs in the world couldn't successfully create games of such complexity as the ones coming out these days, within the ridiculous timelines publishers give, without any potentially gamebreaking bugs. For those who say that's why devs delay launches, that only works for a short while before publishers will pull funding. Publishers are all about numbers, and keeping those numbers as far in the positive as absolutely possible.

So, you can't really blame devs for such bugs given the complexity of games, and the short timelines they are given. All the devs can do is work as hard as they can for as long as they can (usually working many, many unpaid hours), and try their best to keep their player base as informed and up to date as possible. All of which Rare has been doing extremely well.

• @mattydove74 Plus single player games are not even close to comparable in complexity as multiplayer games, so they are bound to have fewer large bugs.

• I wonder if Microsoft is coddling Rare as much as the fans?

• @knightx13 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

New update on the issues people are experiencing. https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/59259/allmondbeard-error-fix-implemented

My buddy and I both noticed since the last patch (1.0.6) that items on the beaches were much more frequent. Maybe this is a memory saving band aid till they figure out what's really going on??

• @personalc0ffeelink text
    (^^)(^^) ,(+_+)so

F

• Tune in next week....... Same bat time, same bat channel!!! Pow!!!&%$#@ Bam!!!%&#@ Boom!!!!!@$#%&777%&$

• @leospot828 I have been on a server now for 4 hours. Still nada.

• @qwikkillabdawg and ofc after I respond one finally pops up l**o.

• Hey there! On the PC over here.

I am not getting the option to utilize the new closed or open crew feature everyone has been talking about. Microsoft store doesn't have an update. Same thing for my wife who is playing on the Xbox. Still same menus for us.

I don't really want to re-download the game. It worked for me one instance yesterday and when I quit and started it again it reverted back to just showing "Sail Alone" or "Crew."

alt text

• @waynebebay Same here what's happened

• @focupeaceout said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@waynebebay Same here what's happened

I wish I knew. It makes me wonder if I am playing on 1.0.6 and not really reaping the benefits of the new patch.

• @waynebebay @focupeaceout

They rolled back certain portions of the patch due to a number of server issues. Don't worry, it's nothing wrong on your end.

• Just a venting post about the Imperial Sovereign items...
    So, when the .6 patch hit and I heard there would be new items for Imperial Sovereign, I went all over the map trying to find all the items to finally deck my pirate out in a yellow and Gold metal theme. I got a jeweled eye-patch, a hook, peg leg, metal breast-plate jacket, gold helmet, yellowish gloves, boots... I thought I'd seen nicer ones on a sneak preview of the items being released, but couldn't remember clearly.. But after going to so many outposts, it was clear that that was all that was available, so they HAD to be the latest designs... And now it looks like I might not have purchased the new designs afterall??? I'm ... totally effing bummed. I could have gotten a new hull paint-job for what I spent on that stuff.
    I'd like to see Rare remove all the Imperial Sovereign items I purchased after .6 and reimburse the gold so I can get the better designs. Not that that will ever happen, but that's what I wish would happen. ARRRRGGGH!!!

• @bl4cksh4dow78 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

so will these new features be re-activated in the future? Will THD be delayed? will we have a trailer or release date? next Tuesday will you put back 1.0.7? .....

I would guess that the new features will be re-enabled at some point. We just don't know when that is. Hopefully not until they are stable. As far as THD, I would imagine that this little setback this week will carry over and delay THD. At this point, I don't even think the servers are 100% stable like they were before the recent update. The trailer may still get released late this week, or could also be delayed into next week.

@synopsesthai said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Just a venting post about the Imperial Sovereign items...
    So, when the .6 patch hit and I heard there would be new items for Imperial Sovereign, I went all over the map trying to find all the items to finally deck my pirate out in a yellow and Gold metal theme. I got a jeweled eye-patch, a hook, peg leg, metal breast-plate jacket, gold helmet, yellowish gloves, boots... I thought I'd seen nicer ones on a sneak preview of the items being released, but couldn't remember clearly.. But after going to so many outposts, it was clear that that was all that was available, so they HAD to be the latest designs... And now it looks like I might not have purchased the new designs afterall??? I'm ... totally effing bummed. I could have gotten a new hull paint-job for what I spent on that stuff.
    I'd like to see Rare remove all the Imperial Sovereign items I purchased after .6 and reimburse the gold so I can get the better designs. Not that that will ever happen, but that's what I wish would happen. ARRRRGGGH!!!

Which item's did you buy? It sounds like you purchased the correct clothing / vanity items, the ones that make you look like a conquistador?

The only things that were added this week were the Flintlock/Blunderbuss/Eye of Reach, Sails / Hull. The other Sovereign items have been there from the start.

• @khaleesibot so since the removal of the update has happened, I now have 0 gold... I had almost 200,000 now I have 0 all of a sudden.. kinda sucks

• are there any news? 1.0.7 and its functions have been restored? Do you have any news regarding THD? or will the whole game end a soap bubble?

• @bl4cksh4dow78 AFAIK there would be maintenance this morning and Rare will try to make every feature from 1.0.7 active.

• where do I find the news or the maintenance schedule?

• 1.0.7? THD?

• No news?

• @bl4cksh4dow78 The latest news is:

We've issued a fix to the game which is now gradually decreasing the chance that you will be disconnected from a server - this will take a few hours to fully take effect. However, on servers where this fix is available, there will be fewer washed up items appearing on beaches in the game. We are still reviewing bringing back the new features and will have an update Thursday morning (UK time) on this.

• we are on thursday .. .morning ... 10:40 ..... no news .... I hate soap bubbles ....

• @bl4cksh4dow78

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/997045871840768000

• good ... it's 12:54 ... does everything work now? private crew? name in water ... all up to standard?

• @bl4cksh4dow78
    You're an hour ahead m8, it's now 11.59 BST

Views
455 out of 456