Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• @khaleesibot any interest in adding a test server down the line. I imagine a lot of these bugs are easy to miss internally and only show up once they’re out in the wild!

• @hudson-rl Such a crew were the Pioneers. They were testing builds before anyone else during the Alpha and Beta stages.

• damn .... I will not be able to pass bananas to my crew ....

• @ineed2p0op Oooookay... I'd love to know more as to your reason why?

I'd like to see a Man O'War considered... I do find that 2 ships is a little restricting.

Maybe Man O'War ships only become available for Pirate Legends
    Especially after once reading that seeing a Pirate Legends' ship will be like seeing the Black Pearl...
    Hardly unique if they sail the same ships as everyone else...

#JustSaying

• Maintenance. Patch. Adding Features.

Remove features after 1 hour because it creates problems. Nice coding!

Delaying DLC for a "bug" after you said is was going to be released in "early May" and delaying it at the end of May (we hope for it...) while the game is still full of bugs (like having cannonballs bug with "NO_NAME")

This game got a lot of potential but Rare is not able to handle it and is ruining and wasting players money and time for this.

I'm sad and angry at the same time cause i believed soo much in this game and it's still without contents.

Servers are almost dead cause a lot of players don't play anymore cause there are always the same things to do. Grinding reputation. Stop.

This is not the way to act my dear Rare.

• @dreamingnomad said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@ineed2p0op Oooookay... I'd love to know more as to your reason why?

I'd like to see a Man O'War considered... I do find that 2 ships is a little restricting.

Maybe Man O'War ships only become available for Pirate Legends
    Especially after once reading that seeing a Pirate Legends' ship will be like seeing the Black Pearl...
    Hardly unique if they sail the same ships as everyone else...

#JustSaying

Except The Black Perl no be a man o' war (which itself be the British Navy name for a Ship o' the Line). The Black Perl t'was a galleon, perhaps an East Indianman before she be taken by pirates.

I for one would rather see a ship between sloop and galleon for a 3 man crew.

• @sshteeve cheer up mate 👍

• Great to see the updates! Keep them coming!

1. When can we have three people on a sloop or a medium sized ship?
    2. Please put all items at every vendor. Dividing up the loot only artificially lengthens a play session or causes frustration. You are already stingy with the progression (things cost so much and there is little to buy). Why make it a pain in the butt to see what's available and get it--when you finally can!?
  • @juantrabubu said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

I'm tired of waiting for new content, keep it up and soon no one will play

They said new content this month. It is the 15th. How about save this complaint till June when it's late..

• Date or trailer THD???

• @khaleesibot

Does this apply to random chests / shipwreck chests as well, or is it only for actual voyages / quests??

Strike Gold - As Pirates rank up with all the trading companies, the chances of finding more valuable rewards has been increased. Say good-bye to those Castaway Chests at higher ranks!

• @bl4cksh4dow78 ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Date or trailer THD???

We have to wait to see if they correct the release of the trailer too... Don't know what to expect from Rare... :D

• @varneth ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@bl4cksh4dow78 ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Date or trailer THD???

We have to wait to see if they correct the release of the trailer too... Don't know what to expect from Rare... :D

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• @khaleesibot First off, thank you very much for the work you guys are doing; you can't please everyone at once. So even though there are still disgruntled people we appreciate your work. Your update states:

"Coming Soon: Additional functionality coming soon for Open and Closed Crews includes the ability to dynamically switch between Open and Closed while in the game, in addition to being able to make a session fully private by preventing friends joining."

With additional details being added in like, like changing open or closed group, things like that. That is awesome! What about the ability to change ship types though? If we are in a private session in a sloop but another friend gets on can we just increase ship size to accommodate them? I know something similar has been brought up in other posts but since the topic has been, officially, breached by the entrance of open and private parties I think it is an issue that needs to be addressed.

We could invite the friend to our game and then we would have to sail to whatever island they are loaded in on and change out ships and pick them up. There could even be a modest convenience fee for this; not the ridiculous cost of goods there is right now, I said modest. This way our friends could join us mid-quest instead of making them wait for another half hour; or giving up our current progress just to go play with them.

• Appreciate much of what you are implementing @Rare Team. We really are happy and excited. That being said one thing of greater and greater concern for me and just about all I speak with is the awesome Immersion of the UI and Icons being fiddled with. You had a great thing going on with thepre-patch UI/Icons... We are a bit confused why the adjustment to the Icon in the clothing box happened... the one before was perfect, like a piece of a map or paper that was inside explaining some extra options... Why would you turn it into something that takes away the immersion? It stands out too much, perhaps just needs more time for me to get use to, but I fear it is just the tip of the iceberg for more UI/Icon changes that the game does not need.We do not need a game that hand feeds our learning... we do not need chest silhouettes to show us where our loot will be going and we do not this beautiful game you have created being cluttered up with UI and Icon adjustments that take away from your well planned, hard fought, and heart felt designed world of immersion.

Edit: Noticed that the new black outline to the health bar is not also around the ammo counter. That meant to be that way?

Thank you for your time and hard work.

*Tiphat *
    Captain Wesley Sanguin

• ok OK folks, let's recap .... the 1.0.7 is the same patch that had to go out the weekly for last .... it was moved because it had given problems right? now it has been published and has given problems so the servers have been closed and one of the news has been removed .... SOMETHING DOES NOT COME BACK ... and ... to conclude ... the trailer of THD? Was not it supposed to be broadcast today with a release date? ... RARE bad we go wrong ...

• First off, amazing patch and good work Rare!
    Also nice to see them listening to the community!!

@varneth
    And exactly where did Rare say it was "early May", they said May.
    It still is May so have some patience.

@BL4CKSH4DOW78
    There was a bug with the patch that caused the PC users to crash, that's why last week it got resolved. No big deal.

Now they took 1 tiny thing out because apperently it doesn't function properly, that's how programming works. You never get 100% of the bugs out untill actual users start to use it.

Also Rare said that the trailer for the Hungering Deep comes this week, not during the patch.

Please get your facts straight before you complain.

• @aarghmaargho ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

First off, amazing patch and good work Rare!

@varneth

@BL4CKSH4DOW78
    There was a bug with the patch that caused the PC users to crash, that's why last week it got resolved. No big deal.

Now they took 1 tiny thing out because apperently it doesn't function properly, that's how programming works. You never get 100% of the bugs out untill actual users start to use it.

Also Rare said that the trailer for the Hungering Deep comes this week, not during the patch.

I would like to tell you that you're right ... but I would feel, the trailer would have to go out today with the patch, and it is true that they could not foresee a "small" problem ... but they had a week to fix the patch ... and nothing has been done .... We are not hypocrites ... we need to be honest and honest ... FROM EACH SIDE

• @awesomecoreusa nicely said.
    I'm happy with that mate, Just love the choice, the variety, the uniqueness from pirate to pirate... be it crew or solo.
    I will continue in a new Post/Topic on the Feedback and Suggestions I think as I could be going off on a tangent.

• @bl4cksh4dow78
    They did fix it, the issue from last week was that the open/private crews were causing PC players to crash their game. As far as we can tell at this moment this has been fixed.

The problem that they took out now has to do with the "Here, take this!" mechanic. Something isn't going right with it, which i think either lies with keybinding or with duplicating items. Every now and then a bug will pass the testscenarios, that is what happenend today.

We still have a great patch though, which with Rare shows that they are listening to the community.

I do agree with you that i kinda expected the trailer today, but we can't call Rare out on it because they said this week. Where i live, they still have 5 days left.

• Good thing I haven't bought the pistol yet. Now I have a reason. No more random AFKers! I can finally get about 75fps!!!!! Miss my ultra high graphics!

#Rare! #Keepitup! #Goodjob!

See you scurvy Sea dogs on the seas.

First off, amazing patch and good work Rare!

@varneth

@BL4CKSH4DOW78

alt text

• @varneth

That shows perfectly what i mean, they said May. Not early May.
    Once they said early may as a miscommunication which immediatly got corrected to May.
    But instead of readining and listening people keep screaming for "early May"

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Patch Notes - 1.0.7

Ahoy pirates!

This week's patch introduces the first version of a much requested feature, "Open and Closed Crews"! This feature provides players with greater control over how they assemble their crew with reserved slots that friends can join in whenever they’re ready. We hope this mitigates one of the key reasons for people misusing the brig and will be monitoring this closely! We'd love to hear your feedback in the "Open and Closed Crews" Mega Thread.

Great! Now how about addressing one of the most heated issues, and one of the most requested features!

OPTIONAL CROSS PLAY!!!!!

It is sickening that Rare has yet to acknowledge this heated topic, after all it is one of the BIGGEST mega threads!

@varneth

That shows perfectly what i mean, they said May. Not early May.
    Once they said early may as a miscommunication which immediatly got corrected to May.
    But instead of readining and listening people keep screaming for "early May"

Using the excuse of "miscommunication" from a company like Rare, on a DLC where people ask for contents in a game where you just have to make all the same stuffs and farming reputation, is a little bit... emh... ridiculous...?

C'mon guys we are talking of a game that is sold for 70 € and it's still like a beta.

And i always defended this game. Always! But now is really getting bad.

• @threezool Do you have a link to the Reddit article with the additional patch notes?

• @varneth
    If you think that is ridiculous, well it's actually not.
    The second it came out on some unofficial post where somebody said "Early May", Rare immediatly said it was May and corrected it. Every other news/vid/post contained May, they were clear. Too bad if people can't handle it.

Stuff that games like Destiny 2 and PUBG are doing, that is ridiculous. Not what Rare is doing, they delivered a good game and are clear with what they are doing. Also they listen to the community.

If you think it's Beta, I suggest you play an actual Beta game.

@varneth
    If you think that is ridiculous, well it's actually not.
    The second it came out on some unofficial post where somebody said "Early May", Rare immediatly said it was May and corrected it. Every other news/vid/post contained May, they were clear. Too bad if people can't handle it.

Stuff that games like Destiny 2 and PUBG are doing, that is ridiculous. Not what Rare is doing, they delivered a good game and are clear with what they are doing. Also they listen to the community.

If you think it's Beta, I suggest you play an actual Beta game.

I suggest you to go to check some comunity pages. You will find out that most of the players are feeling like being joked from Rare.

• @varneth
    I actually do follow them, and you know what 99% of these posts go by:

• I don't like the game because i want PVE only.
    • I don't like crossplay.
    • I don't like doing voyages.

99% of these people that are complaining didn't even do the research to see what game they were buying. And all these people wouldn't have to post anything if they would have actually took some time to research the game.

When Rare states that PVE only will never happen, you still buy the game and then don't like the game and hate on it. That's not Rare's fault, it's people their owns

@varneth
    I actually do follow them, and you know what 99% of these posts go by:

• I don't like the game because i want PVE only.
    • I don't like crossplay.
    • I don't like doing voyages.

99% of these people that are complaining didn't even do the research to see what game they were buying. And all these people wouldn't have to post anything if they would have actually took some time to research the game.

When Rare states that PVE only will never happen, you still buy the game and then don't like the game and hate on it. That's not Rare's fault, it's people their owns

Go ask to people that really play this game like me and they will confirm you what i'm saying. That they are tired of being joked.

They got 2 weeks to test this patch (even if they said weekly content) and one of the most important features got removed after an hour. It's not how a good game company works.

• @khaleesibot All the improvements are an encouraging trend, really... With that being said, I can't help but highlight that it was stated 'Hungering Deep' would be coming in "early May" and today is the 15th... I watched the developer update from last week but, we're getting restless!

• @varneth

I actualy do speak a lot of people that enjoy the game, gotte love discord.
    Nobody is being joked, you know what you buy. And you know what will come in the future.

@varneth said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

They got 2 weeks to test this patch (even if they said weekly content) and one of the most important features got removed after an hour. It's not how a good game company works.

First, you don't know if this entire patch was planned for last week. All we know is that last week we could have open/private crews, but that got delayed due to good reasons.

Second, the most important features got removed?
    Only 1 minor feature got removed.

It's exactly how a good game company works, when something is breaking your game. You remove/disable it, you don't leave it in the game to be abused.

I also suggest you start doing some research on how to actually develop an application or game, because you apperently have no idea what it takes and how bugtesting works.

• @mrbear24 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@khaleesibot All the improvements are an encouraging trend, really... With that being said, I can't help but highlight that it was stated 'Hungering Deep' would be coming in "early May" and today is the 15th... I watched the developer update from last week but, we're getting restless!

Rare said May, not early May. May still has 16 days left

• Thank you for the private crew option now can we have that kick option for both should we want to remove a player that is being an a*s etc in the crew so that we can replace them with someone that is not?

Also thanks for finally getting the chest rng sorted, will see how it goes once I get back in game with my crew.

• @khaleesibot So why aren't the devs leveraging the Pioneers for testing still. Obviously we could've found the issues before patch was released and helped get requested features pushed on time....just saying =)

Views
111 out of 456