Should I buy a new sail?

• So, I've got enough cash to buy a new sail, but I'm not sure I want to.

Other than aesthetics, does a new sail really help you all that much?

Views
  • @fantome-of-blue said in Should I buy a new sail?:

So, I've got enough cash to buy a new sail, but I'm not sure I want to.

It's just cosmetics. It has no affect (or is it effect? xD) on your ship's capabilities.

• @fantome-of-blue Nope just good looks! ;)

• @myrm said in Should I buy a new sail?:

@fantome-of-blue said in Should I buy a new sail?:

It's just cosmetics. It has no affect (or is it effect? xD) on your ship's capabilities.

Affect - to cause a change
    Effect - the change that was caused

So it affects the way in which other players react to you, because they have no different effect on the ship... I may be wrong...

• @sshteeve said in Should I buy a new sail?:

Affect - to cause a change
    Effect - the change that was caused

So it affects the way in which other players react to you, because they have no different effect on the ship... I may be wrong...

Thank you :-)

• @fantome-of-blue Just cosmetic. But go on, treat yourself to something nice.

You deserve it!

• @fantome-of-blue

A second sail can come in handy.... good for disguise.

You have done a Skele Fort Raid in a sloop, but can only get away with a key
    because some galleon is breathing down your neck.

Lose them.

Head to an outpost change all colours, to disguise your vessel.
    If you had lights off switch them on.
    Change your hat...etc, hoping of course they never saw your gamer tag.
    It all helps.

Should help confuse them enough with another sloop, giving you a chance to collect your booty as they should hopefully be chasing a random with your old setup. Or at least give you the opportunity to side-step them enough that you can get there & collect the most valuable bits of booty.

• Nope. Other than bring up your confidence of being a seasoned pirate.
    I say buy it. Cant be out on them waters looking all brand new. Buy a mantle piece also. Spend that gold!

• ah, okay, thanks everyone =)

But would it say "I'm one bad veteran" to other players? I kind of like my white vanilla flavored sail.

Not really. It would just show you've collected enough gold to buy them. Yes, you could have destroyed 40 galleons to get that gold, but you could also have run away from every encounter and just carried out simple fetch and carry missions.

To be honest, even if I saw a ship with Legend sails it wouldn't worry me any more than see plain white sails. Legend doesn't really mean much to be honest, you can get Legend status simply by grinding fetch and carry missions.

Edit: Some people, once they get Legend status, will strutt around with their chests thrust out so far that you'd think their n*****s were attached to a pair of charging elephants. But at the end of the day they can be beaten as easily as a non-Legend.

No, a new sail doesn't affect on your ship, it's just a cosmetic thing. But still, I advise you to wait for the new patch release ;) I think there will be added some new cosmetics :)

• @wiciuks very cool, thanks for the heads up.

• @fantome-of-blue wait till tommorow or 2 weeks

Views
12 out of 13