Create your own fun/game modes with other crew thread

• Ahoy!

SoT is developed in a way that you are free to do what you want (almost). We can follow what the developers have given us to do: digging chests, killing skeletons or selling chickens (simplified version).

On the forum many people would like to have game modes added to the game as for example a battle royal. But all of these game modes can be in our hands, we just have to meet the other ships and ask them to play with us. And I'm sure in a way, it's what Rare expected of us, to create our own way of having fun.

So I wanted to create this thread to gather game modes to play with other crews.

Here are a few ideas:

• Ship racing: I put this one first because if I remember correctly, I had seen it in a Rare video that had just proposed to another crew to make a race (if someone finds this video). The goal was simply the first ship arrived at another island wins the loots put into play.

• Old Faithful's free loot: Each crew drop the anchor of their ship near one of the beaches (opposite beaches will be the best). Somewhere in the middle of the island is voted where are all the loots. You'll have to bring back the chests to your ship. You are of course allowed to kill the other team and steal the treasure they were trying to get back on their ship. However, you are not allowed to board enemy ships. The chests brought back on your ship are definitely yours. You may not use the canons on your ship to defend yourself. The game ends when all the chests were brought back on the ships. If you want to complicate the game, eat all the bananas available on ships before you start.

• Thieves Haven hide and seek (pirate version): Drop the anchor of your ships in the middle of the island. A team is designated at random and they choose a player who will have to hide himself on the island with a chest (it's even more fun with a chest of 1000 grogs) while other players are waiting in the lower deck of one of the ships. Once the player is hidden, each team will start the game on their ship. The hidden player doesn't have the right to communicate its location to his team. The other players must then find him. To win, all the players on a team must have held once the chest and the last player must bring the chest on his ship. The first player who hide himself at the beginning should be the last of his team to bring back the chest (he'll hold it twice).
      You can kill others but you are not allowed to stay on your ship when you come back from the Ferry of the Damned.

• Run run drunk pirate! Sail to Ancient Spire outpost and drop the anchor next to the dock. Put a chest by player in the tavern and fill your grog! If you have powder kegs, you can put them on the way to the tavern. All players start on the dock. You will need to drink down your grog before you have the right to move. Then you'll have to run to the tavern. You will not be allowed to climb the ladder. When you'll be at the tavern you'll have to drink again, take one chest and go back to the dock and put the chest there. The first crew who managed to put there all its chests wins the game. If you die, you'll start on the dock again with a grog drank down.

If you have any suggestions for improvements or other ideas, feel free!
    Be creative and if possible try to think of games that involve fun or cooperation. I can't wait to read all your ideas!

Views
  • @skulliah great ideas. The challenge would be to find crews willing to play though.

Another fun game would be to sail to an inactive fort and have all crewmembers except one find a gun powder barrel each and run around with it, nominate remaining person from each crew to be shooter. Then the idea is to eliminate the other team while keeping your own team alive. Last remaining team win the loot. Shooters cant shoot each other either

• @stacky-a said in Create your own fun/game modes with other crew thread:

@skulliah great ideas. The challenge would be to find crews willing to play though.

Another fun game would be to sail to an inactive fort and have all crewmembers except one find a gun powder barrel each and run around with it, nominate remaining person from each crew to be shooter. Then the idea is to eliminate the other team while keeping your own team alive. Last remaining team win the loot. Shooters cant shoot each other either

Aye, great idea! can be quite a mess if the team doesn't communicate. I like it haha.

I've already met friendly crew, I'm sure I can find some who want to play. As soon as my friends are all online, I'll try!

• We play trinket hide and seek on the ship between islands. One person hides a small item on the ship while the others goto the front of the ship, the one who finds it hides it the next time. Using emotes on the front of the ship is not allowed because it lets you turn your camera to look behind you.

• Also another game I want to play is gunpowder Russian Roulette. Everyone grabs a gunpowder barrel in a storm, last man standing wins.

• These are all such great ideas, and totally in the spirit of “make your own adventures”. We just need the ability to setup these kind of things easier. Maybe using the new loud speaker that’s coming soon will allow you to communicate to other crews more easily

Views
1 out of 6