With fleets now farming skull forts, join or no raid for you.

• Well, been hit twice now by multiple ships working together at the skull fort. I figure it won't be long before fleets server hopping push crew's out of raids all together. I have zero interest in being a member of a fleet, telling me where to go and when to play. I spent a lot of time putting a crew together, now I have to join a fleet if I am to raid. On xbox we have no choice as to what server we play on, so even if I wanted to organize a multi-ship raid its not happening. Just one more PC advantage eating my lunch.

Views
  • @captgraykid The odds of two ships switching servers at the same time and ending up on the same server is like 10000 to 1

• @captgraykid Pc players can't pick their servers either....

• It's not terribly hard to do.

• less than a third of all the skull forts ive done have been contested by other players. also trying to get on the same server as another ship is absurdly hard to do and those who play on pc dont have it any easier in that regard.

• Hey fox news, simmer down. Pc doesn't get to choose a server either.

• @captgraykid Your post is the epitome of ignorant kids (as your name implies) exaggerating and blaming everything on others when things don't go your way. It is nearly impossible for more than 4 people to join the same server (and on more than a single ship for that matter) and yet you blame your losses and shortcomings on so-called fleets. Furthermore, you isolate PC players as the cause when they have the exact same limitations as console players. People like this is why I spend less and less time on this forum...

• @marine-rookie I wouldn't necessarily say that PC players have the same limitations, as when you boil it down and search around on YouTube. PC players can do a bunch of jank, and sketchy stuff. Like with the eye of reach for example, you can just turbo switch your mouse sensitivity up.

• @cornstalker07 I was referring specifically to his post about PC players being able to hop servers together. I have no idea or pretend to know what their abilities are beyond this topic.

• @marine-rookie Ahh I understand, but now you do know at least one ability PC players have. ;)

• @captgraykid said in With fleets now farming skull forts, join or no raid for you.:

Well, been hit twice now by multiple ships working together at the skull fort. I figure it won't be long before fleets server hopping push crew's out of raids all together. I have zero interest in being a member of a fleet, telling me where to go and when to play. I spent a lot of time putting a crew together, now I have to join a fleet if I am to raid. On xbox we have no choice as to what server we play on, so even if I wanted to organize a multi-ship raid its not happening. Just one more PC advantage eating my lunch.

Get used to it...upcoming "DLC" offerings will be including an increased focus on multi-ship experiences.

• @cornstalker07 said in With fleets now farming skull forts, join or no raid for you.:

@marine-rookie I wouldn't necessarily say that PC players have the same limitations, as when you boil it down and search around on YouTube. PC players can do a bunch of jank, and sketchy stuff. Like with the eye of reach for example, you can just turbo switch your mouse sensitivity up.

Garbage I say. A faster scope does not necessarily improve accuracy. If the argument is I can augment the scope speed to window of my liking and play style instead of having to adapt and overcome come...well then welcome to the classic pc Vs console dilemma. Get a laptop.

It is a guitar player scenario. A c**p player on either device is still a c**p player. If you proclaim to be a master guitar player but use a Chinese built fender you have no one but yourself to blame for the quality (or lack of) that your skills produce on chosen equipment.

• This is a cross play thread in obvious disguise

• @nwo-azcrack said in With fleets now farming skull forts, join or no raid for you.:

This is a cross play thread in obvious disguise

alt text

• @captgraykid think it would be tough, they need to move over and then find at least a sloop with two or a Galleon that will allow them to take over and then they could move people over. Other option is a Galleon finds a Sloop an just asks them to team up with them.

• @fancypantzmcgee said in With fleets now farming skull forts, join or no raid for you.:

@cornstalker07 said in With fleets now farming skull forts, join or no raid for you.:

@marine-rookie I wouldn't necessarily say that PC players have the same limitations, as when you boil it down and search around on YouTube. PC players can do a bunch of jank, and sketchy stuff. Like with the eye of reach for example, you can just turbo switch your mouse sensitivity up.

Garbage I say. A faster scope does not necessarily improve accuracy. If the argument is I can augment the scope speed to window of my liking and play style instead of having to adapt and overcome come...well then welcome to the classic pc Vs console dilemma. Get a laptop.

It is a guitar player scenario. A c**p player on either device is still a c**p player. If you proclaim to be a master guitar player but use a Chinese built fender you have no one but yourself to blame for the quality (or lack of) that your skills produce on chosen equipment.

If you think faster scope doesn't equal better accuracy, I will ask you how many times you have been dropped on your head.

• What if you could do this? Instead of a galleon with four you get two sloops for four people? Would make for some nice chaos on the seas.

• @fancypantzmcgee I never said I couldn't take on what some PC players are able to do. But when they turn around faster than I can, even with my controller sensitivity already all the way up. Or being able to macro bananas, and or catching the ladder to your ship at full sail, one shotting your entire crew with blunderbuss/flintlock. It just unbalances the game. I have plenty of gameclip examples of PC advantages against the Xbox.

• @cornstalker07 You assume that we all have adjustable DPI mice. We don't. More ignorance.

• @daveyjay1984 I understand not all of you do, but face it. A majority of those who play PC have turbo switches on their mice.

• @cornstalker07 You also talk about PC players doing all of these things to you and your crew but I am still unaware of any way to tell the difference between the system players are using.
    If you know a way, I would be very interested to know.

• @daveyjay1984 Hmm, we being able to type on chat is one thing. Along with not showing up in your recent players. There are plenty of ways to know whose using what.

• @captgraykid and if it is over sensitive and you are s**z it does you no good. Again, if your play style erks for a faster scope...

• I solo'd a fort twice now, (the first i got lucky) the second time there were two other sloops attacking, by the sound of it they were already teamed up. Killed the Solo pirate and Tnt'd his ship. Raised the anchor on the two man sloop while they were busy with skeletons trying to get to my ship in the process.

They got back to their ship after they died, sailed back but was obliterated by the skeletons firing the cannons and my port side cannon. I was there from start to finish and got out of there with the loot. Was chased but managed to sell everything.

It's possible to come out on top if you're facing other sloops, but if there's a galleon, there's no getting that anchor up in time without a crew member spotting you or hearing the anchor. Besides...i didn't even know entire fleets could server hop? Only a crew can from what i understand.

• @cornstalker07 buy a laptop bud. All I can say. It's the guitar metaphor.

• @cornstalker07 The recent players argument is incorrect. Many of my new friends from this game found me through that list after we finished up on a crew together.
    But let me get this right... You have a player come aboard your ship, kill your entire crew, all the while writing text chat to you and then you go and check if they are present in your recent players list?
    I mean, the recent players list aside, it sounds like maybe you and your crew have chosen the wrong hobby because you aren't very good.

• @daveyjay1984 Usually it's two to three of us, and then the fourth man takes them down, but you'd only know what it's like if you've played on console, and of course you show up in their recents if they're in your crew. But a majority of the time the Xbox has an issue processing the user of those on PC in your recent players if they aren't physically part of your crew.

• @cornstalker07 Just to clarify as well, I have both PC and Xbox One S (the bones). I have also played both systems. My girlfriend usually plays on the bones while I'm on my PC. However, when she has work to do on the PC I play on the bones. As someone who does play both, I feel that the epic advantage of PC is hugely exaggerated. At least in the bones I'm guaranteed a frame rate. I'm not going to go into the rest of the list.
    Anyway, this entire discussion has been had a whole lot of times and this entire thread was clearly just an opportunity for the uneducated OP to spread misinformation about what PC players are capable of.

• @captgraykid Play at 12000dpi with max sensitivity on, in any fps game and let me know how you do.

• just steal the key.

• @captgraykid Do what we do, If we aren't gonna win the fort because they are annoyingly persistent coming back from the horrible spawn 2 islands over just make their life hell until they leave. Fight fire with fire

• @mrbrocksego are you 100% sure about this, not me..its not that hard to do ,some people i heard of who play pc version does it so naaa its not impossible tho.it should be difficult maby never should this happen but reality is another matter.

• @captgraykid i think the skull fort should been like this, if you manage to come to the end boss and a ship or 2 comes and ruin your fun they should not get your loot but a another set of loot for not leave empty handed.but i would love to see that when the skull fort is taken and you got the key no one should be able to steel the loot or ya key from you.....i have taken some skull forts and i noticed that some people is camping out in the waters to you are finished and then attack you...campers should been banned from this game.they just show how bad they are at a game nothing else

Views
33 out of 34