Radar for boats. (REVISION)

• I think it would be cool to have some kind of radar perk for our boats. It would be nice to have that so I can stop being griefed all the time. I can just avoid all the griefers!!

UPDATE:
    So there’s been a lot of updates to this idea! It’s been challenging but we as a community pulled through. So with out further ado I would like to share the worlds first prototype of the new DSSTSUB 5000!!

alt text
    credits of the ship picture go to our lead designer @Piratecraggy

Equipped with dolphin sonar ... to catch those pesky griefers, guided shark torpedos, and sleek wooden exterior! It has also been upgraded with a pig treadmill for its power. The pig treadmill will run off of bananas, so this machine will run completely off organic materials which is good for the environment.

I would like to take this time to thank everyone who has helped on this project! With out you this could have never happened!

Views
  • @businessjjj
    Not to sound like a douch but...

Your eyes work well, if you take a moment to take in your surroundings, most encounters can be avoided.

• @businessjjj wait is this sea of thieves or world of ships.........

• @businessjjj said in Radar for boats.:

I think it would be cool to have some kind of radar perk for our boats. It would be nice to have that so I can stop being griefed all the time. I can just avoid all the griefers!!

What kind of sorcery is this?!

• 6/10 Too obvious, but you already caught a few so nice job.

• @laughsmaniacaly

Ya but it’s a lot of work to look around while raising / lowering sails, anchor, turning sails, and fixing holes. It would be nice to just have a radar.

• @mattydove74
    Damn I’ll try harder next time ;)

• Radar wouldn't exactly fit the theme. Pirates had no radar, that was developed hundreds of years later

• @awesomechad888 said in Radar for boats.:

Radar wouldn't exactly fit the theme. Pirates had no radar, that was developed hundreds of years later

1878 to be exact.

• I'll just say no.

It doesn't fit whatsoever in the game world and would be useless. Say you get your radar witchcraft on your boat. You go ashore to do your dirty work and your radar blips at incoming ships...you aren't on your boat so it serves you no purpose. Your demon boat sees them coming but you don't.

Now I hear your reply....handheld witchcraft! To this I say stop your devil worship! Though I am sure there are plenty of people who would happily sit in your crows nest beeping at you when ships are sighted for a share of your loot.

Pointless, maybe slightly rude jabs at you aside(no offense intended)...I just don't see it working. It would be a jarring mechanic in this world one of which I feel is made obsolete by practice. Heck at this point my map is almost obsolete just from sailing around and learning to spot islands by landmarks.

• @john-hatter

The radar could be mounted to the top of the mast. Sonar or something. Like in call of duty.

• Zzzzzzzzzz......... oh wait what oh nvm .... Zzzzzzzzz

• @kcbearz said in Radar for boats.:

Zzzzzzzzzz......... oh wait what oh nvm .... Zzzzzzzzz

Exactly you could even take a nap on your boat and be alerted when ships are near!

• @businessjjj
    Yeeeeaaah. Comparing it to Call of Duty is just strengthening my no. It is too techy of a system for the game world. Sometimes that's enough of a reason.

• @businessjjj he is saying it wouldn't fit the game world, stuff would be withcraft for that time period, wouldn't work

• @awesomechad888 said in Radar for boats.:

@businessjjj he is saying it wouldn't fit the game world, stuff would be withcraft for that time period, wouldn't work

So like a magic radar! I like this idea!

• Revising to 10/10. I just have way too much faith in people...

• @mattydove74

Ya! you could buy it from the skull lady at level 30 or something!

• @mattydove74
    I was going to message you that you might want to rethink your review but you did it on your own!! Great minds think alike!

• @businessjjj said in Radar for boats.:

@mattydove74

Exactly and it could even show you where your next OoS quest was, so you don't have to waste all that time looking at the map.

• @businessjjj that would make stuff uneven, it would help the game be easier... Either everybody has something or nobody has something, unless its cosmetics, thats how RARE wants it

• @awesomechad888

What if it was a magic parrot that gave out a sonar type thing and you could have a radar on your hub!

• @businessjjj nope

• @businessjjj Dolphins use radar! It could be a dolphin!

• @mattydove74 said in Radar for boats.:

@businessjjj said in Radar for boats.:

@mattydove74

Exactly and it could even show you where your next OoS quest was, so you don't have to waste all that time looking at the map.

Yup I think we are on to something special here.

• Terrible idea.

• @businessjjj oh no, call of duty and sea of thieves in the same sentence. Now I’ve gone and done it 😫

• pi·ra·cy
    ˈpīrəsē
    noun
    the practice of attacking and robbing ships at sea.
    synonyms: freebooting, robbery at sea

piracy is not griefing

• bats use radar. maybe we could have wrist mounted bats.

• @lowbei

ra·dar
    ˈrāˌdär/Submit
    noun
    a system for detecting the presence, direction, distance, and speed of aircraft, ships, and other objects, by sending out pulses of high-frequency electromagnetic waves that are reflected off the object back to the source.
    an apparatus used for radar.
    plural noun: radars
    used to indicate that someone or something has or has not come to the attention of a person or group.

• I don't know whats real anymore. Dang Order of Souls lady has some wicked incense...

...ok...I will say yes on one condition. That the sonar is a guy tied to your anchor so its only active when you drop anchor and it's just him screaming and if his screams bounce back to him then there's something coming and he blows bubbles in order to alert you. If this is too cruel we can give him a snorkel.

• @businessjjj

we know what radar is.

you claimed you wanted radar for griefers.

piracy isnt griefing.

so you get no radar.

i hope that i spread these sentences enough so that you could read them slowly and carefully.

:)

• I don't think... pirate ships had....

forget it.

• @lowbei
    I dunno about everyone else but I read it fast and only picked up on "Radar is. wanted piracy griefing. so you get radar. i hope that you :)"

• @tedakin
    "Shhhhh" holds finger awkwardly over your lips. "Like in call of duty"

Views
1 out of 301