Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6

• @gunnerdk Low population servers were the best servers! Imo I agree with you there boooo hahah

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

• Ship Shape - Multiple sets of ship cosmetics have been added to the shipwright stock. Now you can purchase and equip Grand Admiral, Castaway Bilge Rat, Ruffian Sea Dog and Imperial Sovereign ship customisation sets.

Imperial Sovereign ship customisation seems to be missing

alt text

• @greugel920scarf its in ancient outpost

• @captainflintkin It's also missing there

• @urihamrayne I confirm, the ship respawn is now broken....

• @captainflintkin
    It's definitely missing in ancient spire too

alt text

• All text and buttons are gone in the menus in this update (I only see the backgrounds.) I can't join a game. Restarting and reinstalling didn't work. Does anyone else have this and if anyone has a fix, please tell!

• @greugel920scarf said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@captainflintkin
    It's definitely missing in ancient spire too

alt text

That's intentional. Different outposts only carry specific item sets, now. Golden Sands and Sanctuary carry the Admiral sets, I believe, while Galleon's Grave and the other outpost in that vicinity have the Sea Dog sets, pretty sure.

• @endosku11 you are relentless. upvote here https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/56711/patch-notes-discussion-1-0-6/128

to me it's in the same category as your complaint.

• Thank you for releasing a stern and straightforward device update video. That's all I wanted was less timidity. Thank you. I'm excited for the player-to-player handoff in the content update.

• @khaleesibot I am not a big fan of the regional stock thing, I feel like it just makes it hard and tedious to try to get the outfit and customization that people want. For example: You finally save up enough money to get the Sovereign Jacket and go to an outpost to cash in your loot and buy it, but it's not there, it's across the world at another outpost. I just find that this will be pretty annoying.

• @wolf-collision said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@khaleesibot I am not a big fan of the regional stock thing, I feel like it just makes it hard and tedious to try to get the outfit and customization that people want. For example: You finally save up enough money to get the Sovereign Jacket and go to an outpost to cash in your loot and buy it, but it's not there, it's across the world at another outpost. I just find that this will be pretty annoying.

I gotta agree, and if you arent familiar with the forums, you may not have any idea of where to go.

As a lot of people complain about the lack of loot, limiting what is out to certain islands seems like a tedius move.

They should have released a golden outpost set, plunders themed set and so on. They can add decorations on the islands to make them stand out as well from other outposts.

• @disthene Rare fix this please, we discussed this from the very first tech alpha, we don't want this respawn distance.

• @blam320
    That is the outpost carrying the Sovereign sets though, as can be seen by the 2 sets of sovereign ships in the shop. It just doesn't have the new one.

• U need to add where u can call for the mermaid instead of it just popping up because I cannot be sneaky at all going up to an enemy ship so for Xbox make the select button call for mermaid that would be great because sometimes I want to be in the water and I don't want the mermaid there it gives away my position when approaching enemies and I want to be where I am sometimes so calling for a mermaid instead of it just popping up when you're not in distance of the ship would be much better and more convenient for players

• @captain-stickky the Merpeople are a proud race that only want to help. they are not there for your beck and call.

• @khaleesibot can we do something about the ferry of the damned afk people. I know that a simple solution is to just leave and start a new crew but it's ridiculous if they join our crew and we are on a fort or have decent loot on-board.

Can there be a boot timer if they are on the ferry for more then x minutes they are removed for inactivity?

• @khaleesibot #vega56 #supportmycard #sad
    Ropes are still glitched out and im not the only vega user with this issue.
    :(

• @dazed898 it has nothing to do with that I'm saying they need to implement a way to where u call for the mermaid instead of it just popping up when your far away from the ship it gives away my position going after enemy ship and sometimes I like being in the middle of the ocean sea of thieves please implement a way to press a button to call for mermaid if u want the mermaid my position is given away to enemies and I don't need it sometimes please fix this immediately

• @captain-stickky you cant fix something that isnt broken.

• So two things about respawning. It now takes even longer to load onto your ship from the Ferry. Also we noticed that the shadow of the person spawning can be seen before they spawn, enabling spawn campers even more.

• Are you resetting Merchant levels for people who did the Outpost exploit? Or is the official stance of SoT Cheat/Exploit often as soon as you can and you'll be safe?

• The sloop bell was moved!?!
    Thank you!
    alt text

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Patch Notes - 1.0.6

Fixed Issues

• Hunter of Cursed Crews and Hunter of Fort Skulls Commendations now track.

Thats good and all, but me and most of the people that played since release have already sold 30+ stronghold skulls and killed tons of crew's are we just suppose to forget about them and start doing that commendation from scratch ?

• @minicus-pryme said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Are you resetting Merchant levels for people who did the Outpost exploit? Or is the official stance of SoT Cheat/Exploit often as soon as you can and you'll be safe?

That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to request.

Should they reset the levels of people who were server hopping? Should they punish people who sword dash?

It's an exploit NOT A CHEAT. No hacking or manipulation of the game code occured. It's been patched and that is enough.

• @disthene Not even good skins. Just more bland overpriced pallet swaps.

This is ridiculous. Did someone put their 5 year old in charge of design?

• @mrgrim67686 They're literally the opposite of a pallet swap since they use new 3d models

• @evasive-envy said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@minicus-pryme said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Are you resetting Merchant levels for people who did the Outpost exploit? Or is the official stance of SoT Cheat/Exploit often as soon as you can and you'll be safe?

That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to request.

Should they reset the levels of people who were server hopping? Should they punish people who sword dash?

It's an exploit NOT A CHEAT. No hacking or manipulation of the game code occured. It's been patched and that is enough.

If they came back and said that these were not intended game mechanics and removed them then yes I would expect people to lose their rewards for doing them. WoW is a perfect example of this, if you find a way to cheat they roll back your character to where it was before you cheated. They already made a stance on the Sword-dash publicly saying that they were going to allow it in game so that is a silly comparison.

Either punish people exploiting or admit that your (Rare) stance is that you support exploits as long as you do them early enough.

• @minicus-pryme I think their stance is to not punish players for bugs that are taken advantage of in a game. Wow is a special beast, not everyone can get away punishing players for basically bug testing.

• @mrbrocksego Check the shipwright.

...anyway, I don't care about the stuff personally. It's all low effort and not very diverse from my vantage point. It's more the principal of Rare's dishonest business practices that really compounds the shallowness of SoT and adds a dash of bitter to the taste of ash this game has left in several people's mouths.

Cosmetics do not put holes in nouns. Which is my primary interest. To that end, I will commend Rare for moving people off of low population servers. Though they need to up the population cap, I'll take this for now. ...and put an ammo chest in the crow's nest please. Thanks.

• @mrbrocksego

If that is the case then next time I get a wif an exploit I will abuse it. That is the problem they are setting an expectation. IF I found a way to continually dig up a chest over and over and over and over ad nausem I would just exploit that until they patched it as they are making a statement of "we won't punish people exploiting".

• @minicus-pryme It's not cheating! Please stop using that word. It is completely inaccurate.

The developers have said they are not allowing the sword dash as you mentioned, but they are not 'punishing' anybody who used it. My point still stands. I didn't say don't remove it. I said don't ask for over-the-top, unecessary and exaggerated 'punishments' to players.

The developers have already made their statement. You're choosing not to see it. The problem was with the game and not the players. Therefore the game has been patched. They do not allow exploits, therefore they have patched them.

EDIT
    And to be honest. The merchant exploit isn't even a bug. It's a bad design decision. They should not have had outposts rotating like that. This is all on the developers and not the players. I repeat, should they rollback the reputation of players who server hopped? Of course not.

• @urihamrayne This isn't the alpha, and the majority like this respawn distance.

The alpha days are gone forever, mate. SoT is no longer a village, it's a big city now... Live with it.

• @mrbrocksego said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@minicus-pryme I think their stance is to not punish players for bugs that are taken advantage of in a game. Wow is a special beast, not everyone can get away punishing players for basically bug testing.

We got punished by getting roped into bug testing under the guise of purchasing a full release.

• Thanks y’all!

Views
1 out of 409