Finding Snake Baskets

• I've found a couple snake baskets on islands. Whether they randomly spawned there or were simply left by players I couldn't tell you. But they definitely don't show up nearly as often as pig crates or chicken coops, and even those are far too rare to be of much use.

We need a way of purchasing baskets, crates and coops when we've lost ours for whatever reason. It's rather silly not to be able to complete a merchant voyage because nobody will give us another cage.

Also, right click should release a caged animal. I have on occasion caught the wrong type of chicken when chasing one in the dark, or in a pack of chickens. Then what? Since you can't get another coop, you're done.

• @lazermatt how did you sell it at the wrong outpost? The merchant even asks you if you really wanna sell it there?

• I have found. No many, but yes, I have found.

• @schwammlgott said in Finding Snake Baskets:

@lazermatt how did you sell it at the wrong outpost? The merchant even asks you if you really wanna sell it there?

As I said, "a random joined, sold one of our snakes to the wrong outpost and left". We were speaking to him in voice and text chat asking him not to sell it but he clearly either wasn't paying attention or joined intent on griefing. We ended up switching the lobby to closed afterwards to avoid any other mishaps.

@genuine-heather said in Finding Snake Baskets:

We need a way of purchasing baskets, crates and coops when we've lost ours for whatever reason. It's rather silly not to be able to complete a merchant voyage because nobody will give us another cage.

This would be ideal. A rather simple solution if you're on a merchant voyage, once you've been given all of the designated free cages you'd then be able to speak to the Merchant NPC and be offered a chat prompt that opens a shopfront to buy additional cages of your choice for a small fee.

• @genuine-heather Not the nicest solution, but you can shoot the animal in the cage, once it dies, you can re-use the cage

• @touchdown1504 I've had at least a couple of them, usually I find them around barrels funnily enough so they can get a little lost in the background.
    Cannon Cove is a usual spot for them, on the dock and in the bushes on the hill as you climb up.

• @project-ljp said in Finding Snake Baskets:

@genuine-heather Not the nicest solution, but you can shoot the animal in the cage, once it dies, you can re-use the cage

See, I never would have even thought of that. I'm not sure my conscience would allow me to do it. I did however shoot a pig I found stuck in the side of a derelict ship, once. Mercy killing. It was making the awfullest noise, too. Poor thing.

I know, I'm weird. :)

• @genuine-heather I’m the same, I look away when shooting the animal, then feel dirty afterwards. Dirty and guilty

• I’m almost sure I’ve found one before

• random snake baskets were added in the last update. I have found them half burried on the beach

• @touchdown1504 We grabbed two last night. My crew member Saroninin007 caught a couple of snakes and died twice bringing them back to the ship.
    It'd be cool if the baskets could be closed up for transport and then opened enough to make them dangerous when people approach them on the ship, but that's another thing.
    It'd be nice if we don't have to die to sell or have them hahaha

• @touchdown1504 I just started playing and don't even know what they're used for but... just randomly stumbled upon a snake basket. Came here looking for info as to whether I should keep it lol. Guess so. Found at J7 "Lone Cove".

• @xwarwithinx The snake baskets are used to catch snakes that can be turned into the Merchant at an outpost for gold. They are worth more gold though when you have a voyage from the Merchant that says to collect them than when you randomly turn them in not for a voyage.

When you do a Merchant voyage, don't forget to collect the baskets you will need from the Merchant at the outpost before you sail off!

Views
46 out of 48