Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5

• That ship didn't suddenly fly, it was Poseidon who tossed the ship of his gaming board, for not paying tribute to him when you should have.

Some more unbearable bugs have been slain today and for that i cannot ask for more, keep it up!

• @khaleesibot @Rare-Employee
    Thnx again for the amazing work... is there a list somewhere of the hidden stuff you guys added in the patches?
    Like the gasping for air, the colours of the skeleton crews, eyecolours of the shadow skeletons,...?

Would be nice to see if i missed something :D

• @xbluntxrampagex said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

Does this patch fix the bug that makes the anchor raising sound continue to play even though it's not being used?

Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.

Funny thing with this one is that when it happened to me, I didn't actually hear the anchor raising sound on the ship, but on the location where we raised the anchor :)

• Since the last patch I can’t hear other people playing instruments. I see that it’s not fixed in this patch but there is also no mention of it in known issues? What’s going on with it?

• W*F why did u put athena's faction on the first page I am not legend yet and now i have to go to the second page to check my merchant alliance lvl.

• pretty cool patch notes. thx

love the #seaoftease part

• @x1-two sagte in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

@floppsi said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

#SeaofTease

alt text

What is that? A kind of spanish conquistador set? Real royal navy ships, items and clothing with big silver and golden shining shoulderboards on uniforms, with navy titles and a proper tricorn is what we need. Or even a navy faction with bounty missions on other pirates to improve PvP, Arrrr! To many pirates without royal control around the sea of thieves, your majesty!

Read up on the game. It's not set in the same universe as classic pirates.

Yeah, i know. But still can't overlook the similarities to the actual real universe.

• When are the servers gonna be back?

• Where are the servers go?

• @khaleesibot
    Loving the #SeaofTease content!!! More customisation options are always welcome! Loving the stylish conquistador vibe of the tease pic, too!!! Loving the level of 'fancy' on the peg leg & hook... Excellent!

I also think that those might be my favourite sails, so far... Striking, but understated... I think they would work nicely with the green ship hull (s*b... When will it return?) Two massive thumbs up from me!!! ;D

• At first I was excited about the new clothing, then I saw all the gold and jewels... Meaning getting that will cause the reflection flares etc to be a massive annoyance, just like the Sovereign items.
    I love the sails though, totally getting those.

• What about random crashes from AMD's users?

The report of this bug exist since the beginning and not a word about that =/...

• @mattydove74 said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

@navarita said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

No mention of any kind of PvPvE balance whatsoever

alt text

Yeah take your purse and go home.

If you have a problem with the purse, honey, you should really get that checked out.

If you don't have a problem with people leaving the game, oh honey, you should get that checked out too.

I can recommend you a Games as a Service 101 course, if you want. First lesson is called "Why less players = less money" :)

inb4 "there are enough players because I play and my friend plays"

• @rayfromjersey said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

@khaleesibot

And again, the ship preview shows non-white flags on top!

False advertising :(

It's not false advertising

• When will we see the "private crews" feature that was announced some time ago? I assume that's not so hard to implement, and it would be really important for many players.

• Nice work! Keep it up!!

• So...the patch size for Windows is 1.25GB, but my update is taking 3 hours (with a 1Gbps connection and SSD) and is stuck on Downloading 1.43 GB.
    Am i missing something?

• @hjeldinzpb said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

So...the patch size for Windows is 1.25GB, but my update is taking 3 hours (with a 1Gbps connection and SSD) and is stuck on Downloading 1.43 GB.
    Am i missing something?

Sounds like a personal problem

• @hjeldinzpb said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

So...the patch size for Windows is 1.25GB, but my update is taking 3 hours (with a 1Gbps connection and SSD) and is stuck on Downloading 1.43 GB.
    Am i missing something?

Get that PC checked out bruh.

• Moving the ammo box...

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/hallelujah-gif-15.gif

• Oh, shiny!

• Weapon selection persisting!! Finally!! THIS has been one of my biggest peeves.

• @murkrage
    Yes please! Can we also get some cute hair for us girls???

• @navarita said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

@mattydove74 said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

@navarita said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

No mention of any kind of PvPvE balance whatsoever

alt text

Yeah take your purse and go home.

If you have a problem with the purse, honey, you should really get that checked out.

If you don't have a problem with people leaving the game, oh honey, you should get that checked out too.

I can recommend you a Games as a Service 101 course, if you want. First lesson is called "Why less players = less money" :)

inb4 "there are enough players because I play and my friend plays"

I have a problem with you calling everyone "honey." We're pirates here.

• @khaleesibot With next week being the start of the month May, I was wondering if there is indication you could let us know when to expect the release of "The Hungering Deep" that month?

Just asking.... for a friend...

• Whoehoe! Check that list of fixes! Can't wait to be at home and play! :)

Nice job @khaleesibot ! Keep it up!

• Is it normal that i was able to enter the game on a solo sloop just now? I thought servers were supposed to be down lol (seen no new skins btw).

• Awesome work as always @Rare-Ltd !

#SEAOFTEASE... oh you!!

• @assassinsking98
    Agree! looking forward to heading into the shops soon!!! Thanks Rare, I just love the weekly updates!

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

#SeaofTease

alt text

There's rumour that a new shipment of clothing, items, weapons and ship customisations are on the horizon and heading for the Sea of Thieves! If you are saving yer coin for a pair of trousers, you might want to keep a weathered eye out for this arriving soon!

No!!! I just bought my sails! Now I must grind more for to save for these. Sneaky pirates giving me an incentive to keep playing. XD Shame on you lol.

Amazing bug fixes! Wtg!

• Fantastic! Moving on with patches in this speed and in 2-3 years everything is fixed... Great!

Is it a bug or feature that every skeleton needs 5 hits with the cutlass, can can eat bananas when it is hit and is it normal that playing solo 15 skeletons spawn in three waves, when digging up 1 seafarers chest (this guy had many friends back as he lived...) and if I kill my self all are despawned. Whats about the aimbot skeletons with hit throw out everything, like ships and rocks...
    What's about changing weapon skins?
    What's about private lobbies?
    What's about chests spawning on top of each other?

What's about the c**p payout for the voyages? I am currently 44/35/45 and sailing around for seafares chests which gives close to zero reputation is not: Make your own fun with friend. But more wasting my lifetime in bad designed video game...

• @xx-24k-magic-xx said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@murkrage
    Yes please! Can we also get some cute hair for us girls???

I can’t wait to rock myself a ponytail as well tho 😏

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

Known Issues

• Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
      We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.

Any idea of how much longer it will take for this issue to be sorted ?
    My pirate has not looked like it should since march 23rd.

• @danish-crusader said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

At first I was excited about the new clothing, then I saw all the gold and jewels... Meaning getting that will cause the reflection flares etc to be a massive annoyance, just like the Sovereign items.
    I love the sails though, totally getting those.

Who said there was only one outfit coming?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/HvjIlcUlR3d96/giphy.gif

Views
7 out of 209