Had the best adventure yet!

• So it finally happened. I had the most fantastic experience in Sea of Thieves last night and I wanted to be sure to let the folks at Rare know about it.
    I was sailing as part of a three-man crew and we decided to clear a skeleton fort. We had completed about half of the waves when an enemy galleon arrived. As is our custom we attempted diplomacy but that was unsuccessful. Certain words were exchanged, also certain cannonballs. Violence ensued and eventually we were bested as we were low on supplies.
    Now at this point I honestly was quite frustrated since we were making good progress and that effort looked to be wasted. There was a fairly lengthy string of explitives I believe. When our ship respawned we decided to return to the fort in an effort to reclaim what was ours.
    As we approached we saw that a third galleon was now at the fort engaging with the one that did us in. Thankfully all ships had clear livery so when we entered cannon range we made sure to engage the first ship only as all three ships sircled the island.
    This is the part where circumstances took the turn toward making this the most fun ever. As all three ships maneuvered around the fort we passed within voice distance of the third galleon. Their captain was on the bow and declared that they were friendly and would like to combine forces to take down the aggressors who sank us. Turns out they had seen the entire thing go down which is why they had come to the fort in the first place. We readily agreed and the fight was on.
    After a good deal of cannon fire and boarding actions we were able to sink the enemy ship and organize our crews to clear out the fort. What happens next is pretty unclear but the skeleton captain was defeated and some of us saw the vault key drop but we could not find it. Either there was a glitch and the key dropped through the vault floor or one of the enemy crew was mixed in with us during the fight and made off with the key. Either way we spent a bit of time searching for it before calling it a bust.
    After our search the enemy ship returned but this time they had a seccond galleon with them as well. They were no match for our combined crews and were quickly sunk. From here our two crews formallized our alliance by making new Xbox friends and perfoming as a 7 piece shanty ensamble followed by a syncronized man-cannon launch. From there a friendly race around a neighboring island was enjoyed by all. I may have sailed our ship directly into a large rock which, in truth, had no business being where it was in the first place but I digress.
    All of this took perhaps an hour and a half or two hours and not a single gold coin was gained. One would think that would be a major bumber but our shared adventure was worth more than anything we would have gained from the fort vault.
    So here's to Sea of Thieves and the fine crew at Rare for providing the platform for this to have occurred. Well done!
    (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhAjM6LE2x6xikAxwudXRM8vcIdo)

Views
  • @captn-hammer Definitely the best SoT experience I've had so far.

Views
1 out of 2