Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4

• "Ships should no longer spawn with damage"
    finally

• @khaleesibot I cannot argue with absolutely any of these changes. It is extremely clear the community voice is strong here and I am in awe and appreciation of your attention to detail. Thank you.

• Since patch when I'm in map wheel, I can't do anything or move or click on any choices (even when it's empty). Sometime clicking with mouse will fire, but that's all. Pressing ESC will open the menu once and never don't work to get the menu again...

The only choice I have is to close game and launch it again.

I'll reinstall Windows and everything to check. But this is a brand new configuration I've made only for SoT and I never had any issue with this computer since 1month !!!!

• @shadowofxintent These are in-game days which only last about 24 minutes.

• Render distance for LOD still sucks.
    Come on - still, no reason why people and animals don't render at farther distances.

Trees popping in at about 200 feet is a bit better but come on... Put a damn slider on the menu and let me let decide when my game is affected.

• Can some one explain the what the server migration-free zone is?

• @ever-reddy yes it's still there but mostly fix I found now I can simply go and change the 1st weapon then it lets me change the second weapon. So now we no longer have to die to get it :)

• what are all the whiny people gonna complain about now that most of this has been fixed though xD

• Is anyone else getting stuck in the map radial on PC since today's patch?

• @gerbenhol Yes :(

• @grandalfnaughts Well you don't, I still do! :P

• @gerbenhol a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4 :

Is anyone else getting stuck in the map radial on PC since today's patch?

Yes same for me, can't do anything. I've tried to explain it with my "frenchy english" just in a message before.

• Nice job ! But a question, wich level for legendary ship customisations ?

• @verxxys hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, level 50 in everything?

• @wipe-nd-clean I know we need to be 50 but we can buy it when we are 50 everywhere or need to take some lvl in Athena's fortune ?

• I'm going to post another thread about this, but this update has BROKEN my game, rendering me UNABLE to play solo. How? I can't open my voyage menu any more! If I use the keybinding I've set to open the 'map radial' for seeing maps and
    voyage information (F for me, on PC), it soft-locks the game into that menu. I can't actually select any of those items, I simply have the UI locked into my screen and there it stays, for good, until I am forced to Alt+F4 out of the game entirely.
    That's right, I have to Alt+F4 because I can't even open up the escape menu after going to look at my maps!

THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE BEFORE THIS UPDATE. If you want my PC details, PM me or something to grab my attention, but again, this wasn't an issue until this update.

• @nutty-r My friend got it too

• @nutty-r You should make a support request instead of another thread. It seems to be a problem only Rare support could help you with.

• Wait a minute, PC players use controllers? How common is that!
    Played a 100 gold Order of Souls Mission last night. One Pirate on Sunken Grove to kill, done,. 3 pirates on Marauder's Arch never spawned in. Heard creepy music, no dudes! Had to scrap mission. More critical than floating candles!

• PLEASE increase Xbox sensitivity I play on max (10) and it's still hilariously slow. Also take out cross plat form when your catering to PC players more and making them even more unbeatable for console players sure ship to ship battle no problem but on deck or land vs PC no contest!

• @khaleesibot

I found some pretty serious issues with the new patch, specifically the "Spring Cleaning - It is now easier to place chests and skulls on shelves in the Captain's Cabin, and to drop items overboard!"

First issue- I went to place a chest on the voyage table and it got stuck in between the brig and the voyage table. See game clip here: https://youtu.be/l6DHqxPg3E8

Second Issue- I picked up a Marauders Chest and went to place it behind the map in the captains quarters. I wasn't anywhere near the edge of the ship. When I dropped the chest it fell through the floor or my Sloop and I found it resting on the ocean floor.

• Achievements earned prior to March 29th are delayed, but will be awarded once our fix is applied.

The above was listed as a known issue in patch 1.0.2. We have received no further update on this. It was removed from known issues in later patches but as far as I'm aware no fix has been deployed and I haven't received my earned achievements. Are we basically SOL?

• So the only addition is for legends? Not a better leveling system for everyone or even a musical instrument? Just legends? I think you added things to the wrong end.

• pls make Private Server Sea of Thiefes Team and

Nice Legendary Ship Sail,hull.and figurehead.

^^

• @khaleesibot Can Rare please consider not giving out Order of Souls quests to the islands that are known to be bugged? I've wasted quite a lot of time running around for skelly captains that never spawn. The workaround is not really feasible when playing with a crew. First you have to spend 10 minutes to realize nothing is spawning. By then your crew is about to commit a mutiny and usually just disbands.

• Did you hear about Skeleton Canon Fort problem?
    Is it in progress ? I don't see it in " Known Issue".

• @fishst1ck Found out how to do that, have done so now. Its still a good idea to make the issue as public as possible though! If I've got the issue, I doubt I'm the only one, and @Verxxys has said their friend has the same issue.
    If you don't raise awareness, the bug may take longer to get fixed. This is a crippling issue. Absolutely so!

• @Rare-Employee Did you guys change Skelton spawning timer, it is now ridiculous every minute, groups of 3/4 on every Island, it's just crazy?
    Also did you guys also nerf the merchant alliance?

It's about time to get a pirate union together. With all the gold/rep nerfs.

• @khaleesibot !

WHAT IS THAT?

WHY are there now pinkish bandanas and the shadow skelletons have purple eyes?

• Been experiencing huge drops in FPS since update. Had to go down from Legendary/Mythic graphic settings to Rare settings. Anyone else?

• @fishst1ck

Push to Talk does not even show as an option on my current XBOX settings after this patch. Do we know how to keybind this if it is not on the menu to do so?

• @khaleesibot Push to talk is not showing up in my settings to keybind on XBOX. How do we set our new Keybind for Push to Talk if the option is not in the menu for it?

• I've since found out, that for no reason, the F key is the issue. I cannot understand why this is an issue as I have no other key binds to this button. It makes no sense as to why the F key would cause this issue. I have since rebound the radial to my mouse button, and this has worked.

• @bo-bilgebottom lower the shadows a bit

Views
1 out of 259