Peaceful Mode

• It would be cool if you could implement a peaceful mode for people who just want to complete voyages and not be bothered by other pirates. Even if Skull Forts were disabled in this mode, it would be a nice option for people who just don't feel like dealing with PvP.

Views
  • It's a PvPvE game.
    It's not no man sky or other game exploration.

Sorry for you.

• @chrysdaze Very insightful reply, thank you so much.

• @celebritarian Sorry but thats not this game. If you don't like "dealing with PVP" then you bought the wrong game.

There is no point bringing up arguments against this as it will never be implemented.

• @celebritarian

I mean, it's not the purpose of the game.

It's like if you suggest in a soccer game if EA or Konami could give an option to take the ball with the hand.

The game isn't an exploration game. And sometimes I do sloop solo, and i love the fact that the danger is everywhere and you are not "safe". Danger is everywhere, starting with Skeleton, to snake , finishing by dangerous pirates.

But you can play a lot of hours before having some PvP activity. There is ton of way to avoid those.

• @frunchtost Oh, my bad I thought this was a place for suggestions. Thank you for your wisdom. I shall consult you on all of my future game purchases from this day forward.

• @celebritarian I suggested the exact same thing on Twitter and I got a lot of people seemingly wanting to e****e alive. I completely agree with your suggestion.

When I play solo or with random people, I don't mind the occasional combat. Emphasis on the occasional as in many situations you have people going out of their way to chase you pretty much everywhere you go, making it impossible for you to do anything else.

But when I play with my wife, I want to enjoy the game with her without being bothered by other people constantly trying to kill us.

PvP should remain as it is, but I'd definitely love to see a peaceful mode as an extra option.

• @celebritarian thats half the point of this game. The risk of being a pirate

• Would be cool instead to have PvE Servers, where you get no forts, but can do an hour or 2 of questing, on things like work lunch breaks.

I don't have the time for ship combat when I am on lunch, and when someone attacks me, I tend to just logout.

Evening though, I am going to break you.

• @amilia-black said in Peaceful Mode:

Sorry but this is not Minecraft Again Sorry if youre just bad or cant handle it to know that any second youre hole treasure yould be gone

Another pointless reply, thank you kindly.

• @jidenshaotoko Exactly, I don't know why everyone is so salty about the idea of an extra mode.

• @celebritarian said in Peaceful Mode:

@frunchtost Oh, my bad I thought this was a place for suggestions. Thank you for your wisdom. I shall consult you on all of my future game purchases from this day forward.

There is a difference between suggesting something and asking the game to make you a safespace where you can avoid all of the difficulty.

What your asking for is to turn SOT into some PVE MMO because you don't want to deal with the fact that you have to pay attention and look out for other players.

Thats like me buying Far Cry 5 and then asking for a mode where the enemies don't shoot me. Technically its a suggestion right?

• The PvP is a part of the game which make the PvE very interesting.

The PvP is like the ghost in spelunky when you wait to much time. It's the "sea of thieves", a pirate theme game. It's not a trip game and i love how it is. I play as sloop solo player sometimes and that make the trip dangerous and also fun. The game is designed so that your ingame progression will find barriers as meeting other dangerous pirate.
    If they want to do an exploration game, i'm pretty sure that the game will be a little more different.

• @celebritarian Im not salty youre right sometimes its just intimidating to be alone etc.
    sorry if you caught it wrong

• @amilia-black Personally speaking, it's not about feeling intimidated. It's about your end-goal when you play the game.

Sea of Thieves is pretty much based around 2 core aspects: exploration and combat.

No one is asking to take the combat away. It should stay. But sometimes, you just want to explore every nook and cranny of the islands or you're simply short on time, as someone mentioned a couple posts ago, and you don't wanna deal with combat. That's where the Peaceful Mode should come in handy.

• @Celebritarian It's not a bad idea, I think they need to continue to adjust harassment in the the game. It is aggravating when you go it alone and get singled out by large ships and crews. I don't think you will get away from the PvP aspect of the game. If they even could change it you would need to reduce the amount of rewards in game.

• A peaceful mode would be an interesting addition to the game for the players that do not want PVP.
    Maybe penalise peaceful pirates by potentially a 10-25% less XP/gold gained from voyages and as you said no Skull forts as there is no risk of losing loot.

• I'm pretty sure it says in the name SEA OF THIEVES not sea of peace and please don't hurt me, this game wouldn't be worth going to legendary pirate if your not being attacked by other players

• @misterbear38 That's why it's supposed to be an option. There are people who don't mind never reaching Legendary Pirate rank. When I play with my wife, it's more about enjoying the game together with her and exploring the islands than about what we're achieving.

• @demonstrife1 I'd be totally fine with a penalty like this.

• @frunchtost said in Peaceful Mode:

@celebritarian said in Peaceful Mode:

@frunchtost Oh, my bad I thought this was a place for suggestions. Thank you for your wisdom. I shall consult you on all of my future game purchases from this day forward.

There is a difference between suggesting something and asking the game to make you a safespace where you can avoid all of the difficulty.

What your asking for is to turn SOT into some PVE MMO because you don't want to deal with the fact that you have to pay attention and look out for other players.

Thats like me buying Far Cry 5 and then asking for a mode where the enemies don't shoot me. Technically its a suggestion right?

At no point did I ask them to change the core game. It would merely be a separate mode, and other games have done this so it's not that crazy of a suggestion. It has nothing to do with "paying attention". I don't know why you're so triggered by a mode if implemented you wouldn't even have to play. You're the type of player I'd like to play this game without 👍.

• My partner and I would much rather get on sloop raid forts and sink ships then being peaceful and only fighting AI the game would be empty with no other ships, the map is too big for one, so Rare would probably have to change the map size to help "Peaceful" players rather then helping fix the game for what it was built for a pvpve that's it

• I'm loving all the smart a**e replies from the "better than thou" gamers. People assume that just because you want to enjoy the game in a particular way, it means you shouldn't be playing it!

I wholeheartedly agree that there should be a 'peaceful' mode. As @jidenshaotoko mentioned, the occasional combat is fine, but when it feels like you have a target painted on your sails no matter what steps you take to avoid others, it can get a little too much! I play SoT mostly with my boyfriend, and it would be nice to actually ENJOY being a pirate with him, without constantly getting bombarded by people who are out only to annoy.

• But if the sea is safe, why would you have quest ? Because NPC give you quest as the sea if very dangerous. If the sea is no more dangerous, no more quest.

So a game without quest, without skeleton, without canon because not needed, without chest, withou skull reward.... well, have fun on this :s

@frunchtost said in Peaceful Mode:

At no point did I ask them to change the core game. It would merely be a separate mode, and other games have done this so it's not that crazy of a suggestion. It has nothing to do with "paying attention". I don't know why you're so triggered by a mode if implemented you wouldn't even have to play. You're the type of player I'd like to play this game without 👍.

I would be fine with a PVE option, as long as progression is turned off. You should not be able to avoid all players and aka all challenge and also reap the rewards. So people can explore and fight skele's all they want.

The reason I dislike this is because a lot of people want both. They want to not have to worry about other players, and progress. This would make PVP servers pointless. If I want to get to Legend why would I do the PVP servers when I could just get free XP.

Also the whole "triggered" thing kinda died forever ago. Might wanna get an update on that. Or maybe just stick to valid points.

• This, please. I really don't understand why this game has no way to opt out of PvP, why limiting the number of people that will enjoy this game so MUCH?

• @celebritarian

While i agree with you.
    I have young kids that play and a private server so i could play with a load of mates and my kids without idiots swearing being racist or just generally idiotic behaviour would be awesome.

I would buy a copy for each box i own in house and we could play away idiot free.

This games full of ultra hard pirate wannabies.
    (kids and real life carebares)

Who will tell you be more pirate.
    Its a pvp game. Your a carebare. Etc etc
    (ive yet to see one pre release video advertising total PVP gameplay. Please post link here prove me wrong)
    So get prepared.
    Be more pirate.
    You carebare. Lol
    You will be abused.
    Its not a nice forum.
    Rare must be so proud.
    shame a cute family oriented game is being ruined by pvp crowd.
    When pvp in game is so clunky its like its been tagged on after.
    no way its primary focus Is pvp.
    I think rare spent more time making treasure maps than making hit mechanics between players.

And theres no private server option to play with large group of mates and family. Shame.

@jidenshaotoko Exactly, I don't know why everyone is so salty about the idea of an extra mode.

I honestly don't see how it would work. Without PVP you are just left with a reputation grind. Imagine playing PUBG/fortnite with no players. It would just be run around and collect things. The only way the game would have any difficulty at all is if you were timed on everything and had to get voyages done fast.

I understand your desire for a pirate/sailing/treasure hunting adventure game... but this isn't it. The mechanics simply wouldn't work.

On top of it. PVE servers or peaceful servers would completely undermine everyone else's achievements. The reason the 20 chests on board is such a fun achievement is the risk of theft. Also any content creators or people doing funny and amazing things in game would become bland.

Example: the guy who sailed his sloop in between 2 galleons.

The whole reason that is funny is because PVP is on 100% of the time. That video is impressive because 9 people were being friendly and just goofing.
    I don't think a peaceful mode or PVE servers are needed because stuff like that happens.

• @frunchtost said in Peaceful Mode:

What a stupid reply. In far cry, you're not risking losing everything to your enemy, and fights are no where near as long. His suggestion is legitimate and you're in no position to tell people their suggestions are illegitimate. Read the forum rules again before you post.

• This would ruin the core of the game, and would give people that want to be merchants instead of pirates an unfair advantage towards ironically reaching Pirate Legend

• @celebritarian Well this is "Sea Of Thieves".
    I personally believe along with many others that the risk is part of the fun, we are pirates!
    Otherwise we just become trader and that is not very pirate like, I understand where you are coming from, but this game is meant to have the risk, the unknowing and the thrill of being boarded and bested by another crew, it's part of the fun.

• @s00thsayer1337 said in Peaceful Mode:

What a stupid reply. In far cry, you're not risking losing everything to your enemy, and fights are no where near as long. His suggestion is legitimate and you're in no position to tell people their suggestions are illegitimate. Read the forum rules again before you post.

It's really not a legitimate suggestion though. It's asking Rare to make a completely different game. The reason you don't have any NPC ships out on the ocean because at the core of the game other players are an integral part of the game play. Taking that element out ruins the game and turns it into a sailing simulation

• @xmadxworldx said in Peaceful Mode:

This would ruin the core of the game, and would give people that want to be merchants instead of pirates an unfair advantage towards ironically reaching Pirate Legend

This here is also a very valid point.

• @s00thsayer1337 said in Peaceful Mode:

You missed the entire point of the Far Cry comment. It has nothing to do with the loss or length of the engagement, its more about going against the entire point of the game.

Also, Im not saying his post was illegitament, just that it did not make sense. I recommend you read his response to that and my response back.

Views
23 out of 133