Ship Customisation Gallery: Call To Arms

• TL;DR: Looking for volunteers to help build a gallery of ship customisations, creating images like this for each combination. I've created a Discord server if you want to help.

After the response to my original post and the fact that all over the place I see people wishing for previews on the cosmetics, I've decided to approach making the gallery a little more seriously.

The aim will be to have a website (which I've started) allowing you to view combinations of most of the ship cosmetics in a consistent and high quality manner.

The basic idea is:

• Initially, 32 combinations (all combinations of the base set, then all combinations of the upgraded set)
    • 5/6 angles per combination (side, front angle, back angle, captains wheel, captains area (sloop), map room (sloop), captains quarters (galleon)
    • All images taken in direct sunlight on clear days, calm seas (I've got a spot picked out for this)
    • 1080p, Mythical settings
    • Compiled into imgur galleries and put on a lightweight, mobile-friendly site allowing you to choose combinations and view them.

Here is an example album with the kind of shots I will take (unfortunately I only own sails for now, which brings me on to my next point).

Looking for volunteers

Now, single handedly it would take me a long time to unlock all the cosmetics required for this (let alone take all the photos), so I am looking for volunteers to help. I would like:

• Ideally 2 people per cosmetic item, so organising photos would be smoother
    • You just need to come on, set the hull/sail and then AFK if you choose. Of course, you can help sail and afterwards go on a voyage too ;)
    • I'll initially take the photos, but if anyone wants to help, that would be great also.

I've set up a Discord server for anyone who wants to help: https://discord.gg/K7QSETN

If you are still reading, it would be good to get some feedback :) Such as:

• Is it worth taking the shots above deck (captains wheel etc) for each hull + sail combination or just use the hull?
    • Are there any more angles you'd like to see?
    • Any suggestions on how to take the best photos?

Thanks for reading and looking forward to creating a nice gallery for everyone to use before spending their hard-earned gold!

This is cross posted from reddit.

Views
  • I hope this gets some momentum.
    Concerning Feedback:

Why take a picture of the map room on the sloop? is it changing with the style? same for the captains quarters, i havent noticed any differences.
    Image quality and light are important as you said. cant stress this enough, its not working if its too dark or rainy and one cant see the colors correctly.
    set sails to the side you take the picture from. frame the shot right, its not about a nice picture, its a documentation, so there is no need to have a nice sunset or vegetation in the shot.
    a shot from the helm would be cool too, possibly with sails to the front so you see the ship from where you usually stand, sails maybe halfed?

could this be expanded to clothing? like the ship cosmetics with proper size shots. not like the little ingame preview where you cant see all the details?

• Thanks for the feedback!

@coyote4711 said in Ship Customisation Gallery: Call To Arms:

Why take a picture of the map room on the sloop? is it changing with the style? same for the captains quarters, i havent noticed any differences.

I believe the inside walls change colour depending on the hull (at least for the sloop in the map room).

could this be expanded to clothing? like the ship cosmetics with proper size shots. not like the little ingame preview where you cant see all the details?

Yes, I think it's a great idea to add complete sets of various clothing, possibly on at least 2 body types (thick and thin).

Views
1 out of 3