Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock

• So a lot of people on have mentioned on this forum and just about everyone I've talked to about it in game missed out on getting this Pistol. I like to scour for all the extraneous stuff for games like this. Pre-Order games, bought Special Editions, liked things on Facebook, played a Facebook game, signed up for forums, bought controllers, a mouse, keyboard, strategy guides, a book, game subscriptions, in game currency, slim jims, Dr. Peppers, and recently a hard drive all to get in game content. Most of these things had a window of opportunity to get them. I'm not the most wired to Social Media, but normally kept up with things enough to get them during their window of opportunity. So I was a bit dismayed at learning I had to watch a stream at a specific time to get this flintlock skin. Not everyone including myself were available during the Voyage Stream to watch it and get the Ebon Flintlock. It's a little frustrating not having this last part of the Black Dog set. Can we get a non-time specific, or at least a sizeable window of opportunity to get this skin such as by just watching the previous stream, following Xbox on Mixer, watch past footage of Sea of Thieves stream, watch every future Sea of Thieves Stream, or even paid DLC.

Views
  • Really sad you missed out man, but I missed out on the first stream and just waiting for news to tune into he next one. I’m almost certain that was the last time they’ll do it

• You had 2 chances to get the flintlock pistol.
    I missed the 1st stream because they did a poor job of letting players know about.
    I watched the 2nd stream and received it.
    No more chances to get it now.

• Is that the pistol with the front sight? Yeah I'm pretty sad I didn't get it.

• The biggest problem I have with this whole process is that NOT everyone is available to watch a stream during a specific date and time. A common complaint I've heard is that a lot of people weren't available to watch the second stream including myself and like a lot of people I can't change my schedule on a dime to watch a stream. It especially doesn't help that the Stream was on a Weekday instead of a Weekend when more people are likely to have the time to spare. As to the first stream not a lot of people heard about it. I didn't even know there was a first stream until after the second one.
    I don't take issue with the Black Dog Pack because you had forever to pre-order it and with the Mercenary Pack you had around a week to buy 3-months of Xbox Live to get it and there are still ways to get it. The Ferryman Pack, or Midnight Blunderbuss you can get them anytime with the purchase of a controller, or hard drive. While I didn't get the founder pack their was ample opportunity to join in the Alpha. With the Ebon Flintlock you had to be available to watch a stream during a specific date and time and not everyone has that convenience.

• I'd like to see a matching blunderbuss and sabre set for this flintlock skin.

• @mexicated The flintlock is using thr Black dog skin. Preorder for the armor, instruments and sword, hard drive for thr blunderbuss and stream for the pistol. Don't think there is a sniper but it might come one day.

• @sadralelth
    Is the HD still available? May have to look for the code. I really like the buss skin for the controller. Chain-wrapped barrel.

• @mexicated Yup, here

A bit expensive for a skin tho

• @sadralelth
    Thanks. Yeah I was hoping I could convince my pal to get a HD for his Xbox and give me the code.

• @mexicated There is. It's all part of the "black dog" pack. You got the sword with the pre-order, the pistol with the stream, and there's an external hard drive that comes with the blunderbuss.

edit: I see this was already answered now :P

• @shamanmclamie
    Same here, lets Keep asking, so we get a Chance , ... i hope they implement the ebony flintlock to the incoming microtransactions maybe for the founders, ... idc if they sell the black dog pack complete to everyone. Hopefully another Chance is rising!

• I dont feel that they should. If they do implement it, it would destroy The exclusivity that it gives to the people who watched, that's the point of exclusives. I personally would be upset that i made it in time and got the exclusive, only to have them destroy the value by releasing it again. You missed out, unfortunately that was the chance to get the pistol, and i dont want to be abrasive but i really hope they do not release the pistol again.

Also... all you really had to do was turn on the stream and you could click away and do other stuff.I was listening to the stream like a podcast almost, checking in at times to see whats happening

• @dr1venbymonstrs

I understand, but the Point is, that there are enough People just not knowing. It is one Thing to know about an exclusive Event and then decide not to participate and another not knowing that it happen because of poor adverticing. So i hope they give a fair, well adverticed Chance in the future. And if they make an DLC it wount destroy anything, cause people watching the stream got it for free!
    @Rare please inform on the newspage about Events in the future!

• Definitely not, in my opinion. We need to let exclusives go - and I say this as a compulsive collector! But this isn't a 'collect em all' game, and more value is added by variety and rarity. I'd love to see someone with a hat I'd never seen before, I just have to fight the urge to want that hat!

But I do, however, think they need to do a lot more of these kind of things, to give more people (everyone) their own chance to unlock a different exclusive skin - but they should always be one-offs (or two-offs), and should stay that way.

The real magic of cosmetics will be when the game develops and we start seeing more and more time-limited and event-specific items, so you can tell something about a player when you see their equipment - even if what you can tell about them is that they managed to watch some random stream in the first week of release!

• @moomintroll said in Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock:

Definitely not, in my opinion. We need to let exclusives go - and I say this as a compulsive collector! But this isn't a 'collect em all' game, and more value is added by variety and rarity. I'd love to see someone with a hat I'd never seen before, I just have to fight the urge to want that hat!

But I do, however, think they need to do a lot more of these kind of things, to give more people (everyone) their own chance to unlock a different exclusive skin - but they should always be one-offs (or two-offs), and should stay that way.

The real magic of cosmetics will be when the game develops and we start seeing more and more time-limited and event-specific items, so you can tell something about a player when you see their equipment - even if what you can tell about them is that they managed to watch some random stream in the first week of release!

Pretty much this... dont rerelease things people missed, im sorry but you missed it, and that's what makes the pistol "valuable without value". However if they would make it so there's more unique items all at a limited time that would be perfectly fine with me. Let's say, you have a first edition first gen charizard, then they just rerelease it again because not enough people felt they got it. Kinda destroys the specialness of seeing it. In my eyes things like temporary openings to get cosmetics would made better pirate legends outfits as wel, Because like fortnite you know if you see certain skins they will have a lot more experience anf fight to em. Just some thoughts.

• I was just wondering this myself as i had seen a black everything EXCEPT a pistol.. Had no idea watching a stream was only way to get it.. would like another chance to get it some how now that i know i missed it. sucks to have all the black dog stuff minus one item that i wasn't aware of how to get in the first place..

• I seem to recall reading that all these skins be timed exclusives, so ev'rything might open up in time to all.

Perhaps it will be in the form of a micro-transaction, but t'would not surprise me if Black Dog/Mercenary and all that appear in some form.

• @dr1venbymonstrs said in Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock:

I dont feel that they should. If they do implement it, it would destroy The exclusivity that it gives to the people who watched, that's the point of exclusives. I personally would be upset that i made it in time and got the exclusive, only to have them destroy the value by releasing it again. You missed out, unfortunately that was the chance to get the pistol, and i dont want to be abrasive but i really hope they do not release the pistol again.

Also... all you really had to do was turn on the stream and you could click away and do other stuff.I was listening to the stream like a podcast almost, checking in at times to see whats happening

Yeah because no one has to work when Rare does a stream...

• @ghostwolfviking said in Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock:

You had 2 chances to get the flintlock pistol.
    I missed the 1st stream because they did a poor job of letting players know about.
    I watched the 2nd stream and received it.
    No more chances to get it now.

I did not get it till the second stream either. And there is nothing stopping them from doing a third stream hand out. No sense in dashing people's hopes! Maybe there will be a Hungering Deep stream or something!

• @mattydove74 said in Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock:

@dr1venbymonstrs said in Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock:

I dont feel that they should. If they do implement it, it would destroy The exclusivity that it gives to the people who watched, that's the point of exclusives. I personally would be upset that i made it in time and got the exclusive, only to have them destroy the value by releasing it again. You missed out, unfortunately that was the chance to get the pistol, and i dont want to be abrasive but i really hope they do not release the pistol again.

Hence the special exclusivity. I'm sorry you missed out. I'm not here to hate or cause a ruckus, but i just believe it would just take away something special for those of is who made the time and checked into the stream, wether or not you had time or knew about it.

@mattydove74 said in Non Time Sepecific Chance to get Ebon Flintlock:

Hence the special exclusivity. I'm sorry you missed out. I'm not here to hate or cause a ruckus, but i just believe it would just take away something special for those of is who made the time and checked into the stream, wether or not you had time or knew about it.

DR1VENbyMONSTRS: Hey boss, I know this short notice, but ummm, a mixer time was just posted for this super sweet ebon pistol and you know, it matches my Black Dawg outfit, so ur cool if I just abandon my responsibilities, so I can work on this outfit, cuz it's really important to me?

DR1VENbyMONSTRS's "Boss": Brah what are you talking about? [mod edited]

DR1VENbyMONSTRS: Oh yeah...

DR1VENbyMONSTRS: Hey boss, I know this short notice, but ummm, a mixer time was just posted for this super sweet ebon pistol and you know, it matches my Black Dawg outfit, so ur cool if I just abandon my responsibilities, so I can work on this outfit, cuz it's really important to me?

Exactly how that whent down.

Sorry that not all jobs are the same, and you cant have personal audio playing while you work. Thanks for your input.

Sorry that not all jobs are the same, and you cant have personal audio playing while you work. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for being a good sport

Thanks for being a good sport

I may smoke, but i do have a job and work damn hard. Just have a laid back work area where im allowed to have nonwork related audio playing.

Like i said not here to cause a ruckus, just to voice my take on the sitch.

• @mattydove74 I have moderated your post as it goes against the Forum Rules.

Drugs or Activities
    Don't do drug deals on the Forums! Discussing drugs or activities including but not limited to their abuse, their use and where to get them will result in a permanent ban from the Forums.

Please read and abide by the forums rules going forward.

Thanks!

• @dr1venbymonstrs I'm not against exclusive. If I was I'd be moaning about the Founder Pack right now. I did fork over a hundred dollars for the Controller and Hard Drive to get the Ferryman Pack and Midnight Blunderbuss and I'd be a bit peeved if it became available later. I just think that Exclusives should have a time period longer than an 8 hour steam. The Founders had the Alpha period, the Black Dog was Pre-Order, Mercenary had 2 non consecutive weeks. Day One Patch had the first 2 and half weeks of the game and the new Launch Crew will be available for the next 2 weeks. If the Ebon Flintlock had a week long period to get I probably wouldn't be as salty about missing out as I am. Although if I had a week to get it I wouldn't have missed it. In my opinion it should be a reward for following Xbox on Mixer. Would be a good way to advertise the platform and get people to sign up.

• 1st chance: i never heard about that
    2nd chance: impossible to me to participate at the streaming
    3rd chance: ...I would like third chance me too.

I like the "limited time in the shop" method, like a launch crew skin for the eye of reach in the last patch.

• @shamanmclamie

Yeah, i can see your point. I guess im just stubborn because its essentially the most exclusive item im game or so it seems at the moment lol my xbox just took a dump so it looks like I'll miss out on the launch crew eye of reach.

• or in my case you watch the stream and get nothing.and when asked why Microsoft and rare flipflop me back between their support

• Why Not do a hungering deep voyage and give a Chance to the Rest of the Faithfull preordering Fans? PLZ RARE! :-)

• I know that this topic is very old but they said in today's stream that there be more chances to get this pistol so don't worry :-)

• As this thread was 4 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 3 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 33