Disconnecting in solo play due to CyanBeard

• I've been getting disconnected [CyanBeard] from my solo games on xbox one quite frequently now. It started happening after the major patch update. It has also come to my attention that a large group of players are experiencing the same issue, but I haven't really seen any news on what's being done about it. Obviously, as one could imagine, it's extremely frustrating to grind voyages for 2 hours only to have your game get disconnected. As many others have stated, there's nothing wrong on my end, based on the fact that I never have issues like this with any other game.

I understand that problems like this occur every once in awhile. Not trying to bash the developers or anything. Just trying to get an actual update on what's being done. This isn't some little bug where I can't pick up a barrel, this is an issue that's literally prohibiting me from playing a 60 dollar game that I purchased.

Views
  • I've been getting disconnected to from my game on PC. Xbox live connexion lost ?! I also lost all my Treasury and skull. It's the second time and i can't reconnect my previous Crew. It's a problem...

• This cyanbeard error is bull****. How the f*** am I supposed to play solo when half way through raids I get disconnected and have NO WAY TO REJOIN. How about the countless times I've had multiple pieces of loot on my boat and lost it due to this error.

Oh this error isn't limited to solo, when I play with my friend this still constantly happens and I have to rejoin him. This is BS. Im onPC btw. This error is BS and this developing team is BS this makes the game unplayable. Fix your s*** rare.

• just spent 3 hours being chased by this group of 2 guys just to get disconnected so they can get my treasure and I lose everything? explain why i should keep playing this game for hours just to get absolutely nothing in return

• This exact bug has been plaguing my xbox one x play sessions from launch, wether I'm sailing solo or with a crew. Approximately 1hr 40mins into a voyage I'll get a Cyanbeard error no matter the time of day. It's frustrating loosing any loot I've collected on lvl 20 voyages and keeps me from coming back for extended periods. Have raised a support request but no response on a potential fix or even recognition that it is an issue.

• I love this game to death and i can't play it anymore due to cyanbeard!

• Same here on pc, never had any issues, but after the patch, cyanbeard like any 4-10mins unplayable for me like it is now. Can't be on my side, or rare didn't tell us we had to do something so special, they can't tell us yet...

I have no issues with any other games or software. But SoT will crash with the cyanbeard error.

I would love to get some feedback from the devs, what *all the possibilities are, to fix this)

Edit:
    As it has only happened to me since 1 or 2 days, I reminded myself that I've installed Malewarebyte3, And after uninstalling it, I'm not having the error anymore. (At least for now)
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, I just wanted to share my solution.

Good Sails!

• I once disconnected from lazybeard while loading into game. Can ya top that? Afk from load in......

Views
1 out of 8