Player cheating way to pirate legend

• Really wish rare would reset this guy
    [Mod Edit - Link Removed: call out posts not allowed] he's been constantly crew jumping to others that have collected the treasure for him. This really shouldn't be the way that the first pirate legend is claimed.

Views
  • Not using hacks or exploits its a community effort people are offering to help boost him which is not against the game rules so its NOT cheating sorry.... In fact this is meant to be a social game so he actually is doing what the game was designed for...

• Yeah, he's just gathering a lot of pirates to help him, that what a pirate legend would do. He has the bigger fleet on the entire game, he deserves being the first legend because he found out how to unite a lot of players. Congratulations to him.

• @pilks4k I get your point its just sad he literally jumps from server to server just for others to have already collected everything for him.

• @tucupa said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

that what a pirate legend would do

No. A REAL Pirate Legend would EARN this himself. Don't insult the rest of the player base who are playing this game legitimately.

This guy has certainly NOT earned Pirate Legend at all. He jumps from game to game just to get the hand-ins, he doesn't even do the quests himself.

This is boosting, plain and simple.

• @pilks4k said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

Not using hacks or exploits its a community effort people are offering to help boost him which is not against the game rules so its NOT cheating sorry.... In fact this is meant to be a social game so he actually is doing what the game was designed for...

It is absolutely exploiting if he is earning the rewards from other peoples work.

• @redspooder dijo en Player cheating way to pirate legend:

@tucupa said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

No. A REAL Pirate Legend would EARN this himself. Don't insult the rest of the player base who are playing this game legitimately.

This guy has certainly NOT earned Pirate Legend at all. He jumps from game to game just to get the hand-ins, he doesn't even do the quests himself.

"A REAL Pirate Legend would EARN this himself"
    Really? Like stealing the chests from other players that just did they quests? I would buy that argument on any other game, but not this one.

It is a game to "do whatever you want, the way you want".

You can't possibly support the game for its unlimited gameplay and then complain because somebody plays in a way that the game allows but you don't like. For me, he did something unique, so he deserves it.

• @tucupa
    agreed.

• @sydneysydri dijo en Player cheating way to pirate legend:

@pilks4k said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

Not using hacks or exploits its a community effort people are offering to help boost him which is not against the game rules so its NOT cheating sorry.... In fact this is meant to be a social game so he actually is doing what the game was designed for...

It is absolutely exploiting if he is earning the rewards from other peoples work.

That's sounds to me like what a pirate would do...

• So essentially if I get a better player than me to play on my account in say Overwatch, I deserve my new diamond rank? He’s not playing the game. He’s playing the system.

• Welcome to modern day video-gaming.

@sydneysydri dijo en Player cheating way to pirate legend:

@pilks4k said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

Sure, if he stole it. I get that you're gonna defend him, that's your prerogative, but just because it's a pirate game doesn't mean you should be able to exploit the games mechanics to boost to end game.

• @redspooder said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

he's a pirate legend if measured by captain jack sparrow standards. He's gotten everyone to do the work for him.

• It would be different if he joined people and did the raid with them. But if he’s just joining and getting the reward then it’s not deserved.

• He is maybe a Legend, but he still don’t know how to play and be a real pirate!

Now recognized as « The Fake Legend »

• @picklebeard22 said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

You're a sociopath.

• @ersatz-nihilist "Hey guys look I got my doctorate. I however never went to class or read a book. I just had a bunch of other doctors do it for me and I put my name on it." Yeah seems like cheating...

• @picklebeard22 said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

@ersatz-nihilist "Hey guys look I got my doctorate. I however never went to class or read a book. I just had a bunch of other doctors do it for me and I put my name on it." Yeah seems like cheating...

Definitely a sociopath.

Please stop with the silly "that's what a pirate would do" stance.... This is a game and I'm pretty sure Rare didn't intend for people to boost their way to Pirate Legend.

Having watched his stream for the past hour he is only just grasping the basic mechanics. Pretty obvious he hasn't actually played any of the game himself and has spent all his time hopping from hand-in to hand-in.

@spartaneternal said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

It would be different if he joined people and did the raid with them. But if he’s just joining and getting the reward then it’s not deserved.

^ This.

Please stop with the silly "that's what a pirate would do" stance.... This is a game and I'm pretty sure Rare didn't intend for people to boost their way to Pirate Legend.

@spartaneternal said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

It would be different if he joined people and did the raid with them. But if he’s just joining and getting the reward then it’s not deserved.

^ This.

Then I'll go with the "if this is how he wants to play and the game allows it, it's fine" argument.

• @redspooder EARN???? Since when have you known PIRATES to EARN anything? If anything he is being true to being a Pirate. This is the first game where honestly this is a trolls paradise, you can legitimately be a troll as essentially that's what Pirates are!! THIS IS A PIRATE GAME, fair has nothing to do with this game.

• This is not a legit way to Pirate Legend. I seriously hope Rare wont give him any Cred for doing this. The one who should be getting it is grinding his a*s off.

This "pirate legend" can't even play the game. he has not sailed the seas and he has NEVER won a naval battle. How is he a pirate legend.

This is sad.. he really doesnt know how to play the game.

• Good for him. Don't be jelly because he has a lot of people helping him, that's not cheating.

• I reported him to Rare.

• @nic727 said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

I reported him to Rare.

lol. They're watching the stream.

edit - also, get a grip.

• @sobific
    To be fair, I find this kind of a service to actually see what we are grinding for, and if it is worthless, we know the title has no value.

Then I'll go with the "if this is how he wants to play and the game allows it, it's fine" argument.

LOL, what an even more absurd statement!

So what about gamers who want to use actual cheats such as aimbots. Is that ok because that's how they want to play the game?

@wolfcank said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

@redspooder EARN???? Since when have you known PIRATES to EARN anything? If anything he is being true to being a Pirate. This is the first game where honestly this is a trolls paradise, you can legitimately be a troll as essentially that's what Pirates are!! THIS IS A PIRATE GAME, fair has nothing to do with this game.

Pirates earned infamy, they didn't have someone else do it for them and then take all the credit...

Also, pirates were not trolls. What a silly statement.

• Boosters are s**m. Plain and simple.

• World 2nd legend = world first legitimate legend

• @sobific said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

This "pirate legend" can't even play the game. he has not sailed the seas and he has NEVER won a naval battle. How is he a pirate legend.

This is sad.. he really doesnt know how to play the game.

Yes, his lack of game knowledge is cringe worthy...

LOL, what an even more absurd statement!

So what about gamers who want to use actual cheats such as aimbots. Is that ok because that's how they want to play the game?

@wolfcank said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

@redspooder EARN???? Since when have you known PIRATES to EARN anything? If anything he is being true to being a Pirate. This is the first game where honestly this is a trolls paradise, you can legitimately be a troll as essentially that's what Pirates are!! THIS IS A PIRATE GAME, fair has nothing to do with this game.

Pirates earned infamy, they didn't have someone else do it for them and then take all the credit...

Also, pirates were not trolls. What a silly statement.

"Pirates earned infamy, they didn't have someone else do it for them and then take all the credit..."

Tell that to the infamous Jack Rackham, who just sailed with Charles Vane and got his reputation for being at the right spot at the right time.

• @soopavillain420 said in Player cheating way to pirate legend:

Boosters are s**m. Plain and simple.

Jelly.

• Let me repeat back what you have pointed out.

Someone can become a Pirate Legend without really being a very good player.

Excellent, Pirate Legends then are not necessarily something to be feared...

Attack me hearties... Attack!

Views
23 out of 140