Graphics downgrade since 1.0.1 patch

• I'm on a high end PC and noticed the draw distance downgrade immidiately after the patch. Just as frustrating is the pop-in lag now that was created from these changes which is baffling as I never experienced it in the 100s of hours I played prior to the patch.

Revert mythical settings and changes on PC.

• Bump, add higher graphics settings for us PC players with good PCs please

• I would like more control over my graphics settings and HDR plz.
    4K doesn't need so much AA.

• @super-poopsy said in Graphics downgrade since 1.0.1 patch:

@HruodbhertSasha it's all placebo, mate! ;)

lol placebo? are you kidding me right xD, did you play the alpha or the beta ? or even the first release? I know you are a "founder" and "insider" , but i dont think you paid attention to those details ...

rotfl 1st april in late

• @OrsoSilvano I suggest you read

1. who's OP of this thread
    2. what was the context of me writing that (just scroll a little above on the same page) ;)

Thanks for bumping the thread tho!

• please texture filter option 8x or 16x

• @Captin1080ti With an NVIDIA card (i'm fairly sure one can do the same on AMD, i just don't know where) you can force x16 from the control panel.

It works and considerably improves texture filtering in game!

• ohw thanks :)

@OrsoSilvano I suggest you read

1. who's OP of this thread
    2. what was the context of me writing that (just scroll a little above on the same page) ;)

Thanks for bumping the thread tho!

haha the forum is very confusing, but yeah i get now that was a joke xD

@Captin1080ti If you have an NVIDIA card (i'm fairly sure one can do the same on AMD, i just don't know where) you can force x16 from the control panel.

It works and considerably improves texture filtering in game!

that helps only the texture filter, not to increase the LOD, anyway i was thinking that since its UE we should be able to modified the INI files to increase the LOD..

• @OrsoSilvano Exactly, if it was a 'normal' steam game, we probably could easily do that, but UWP apps from the microsoft store are encrypted and packed on a single giant file :(

@OrsoSilvano Exactly, if it was a 'normal' steam game, we probably could easily do that, but UWP apps from the microsoft store are encrypted and packed on a single giant file :(

yep, and that's terrible .-.

• @super-poopsy Ive been totally wondering about that.

We jokingly said "They went Early access AFTER realease!!!"

Same thing happened with Elite Dangerous. (Still going on i guess)
    Graphics got downgraded hard and nothing was done with it for almost 2 years.
    All just to make the game run "properly" on the xbox.

YAY for console power!!! said no one ever. Siiiigh.

• Unfortunately this happens often to games :(
    I was experiencing the same. First I thought my eyes are getting worse xD
    It's really better to put the settings back to the "old" ones. For those who can't run this game at mythic, there are other options. Thats why there are more than two graphical options. Please RARE, bring us back the old beauty. Of course do something for those people who can't even play the game on low settings. But don't pull it down for High-End owners, please :(

• I'm fairly sure the tweaks were meant for xbox and xbox-x only, there's still a (faint, tbh) chance they accidentally carried over on PC.

I'm faithfully waiting for an official answer on the matter.

• Wee wil se what happends tonorrow their wil be an patch comming

• @SnakeyHeadNL Yep! I'll make sure to check everything back again

• @snakeyheadnl said in Graphics downgrade since 1.0.1 patch:

Wee wil se what happends tonorrow their wil be an patch comming

where did you read that?

• @kigretheviking

Yep, I remember that happening in Elite Dangerous, right after the Xbox version released.

• So no update today, perhaps later in the week?

• @OrsoSilvano Although i'm aware there was going to be a fix for the ships-respawning-too-close issue during the next maintenance (Wednesday), I can't seem to find the source where i read about it.

Moreover, i have no idea if it will actually be a patch, another fantastic 19GB full client download (eh...) or a server-side fix during the maintenance.

So please take this information with a grain of salt!

• @super-poopsy wrote:

@D-Kyzar Yep! Floating low res trees, low poly land, no detail objects whatsoever, no shiny items (treasures/bottles) and of course no players/skeletons/animals till one is way too close.

@super-poopsy these are the things that break immersion during game play and make the game a lot less fun now.

• The low poly land is pretty terrible. Especially when looking through your optics. Why would any developer want you to have a zoomed in view of their low lod models. It looks awful. You zoom in the game should be loading in the high quality model.

• @oheck imma pc user and I agree 100%

• 1080 ti, mythical detail.
    just no.
    @Rare-Employee fix please.

• To anyone who thinks this is a placebo (or 'Mandela' effect) please explain how so many of us noticed the drop in quality and then came here to see if we were going mad. You're assuming that a small handful of people thought the graphics had been downgraded and started complaining about it and then everyone else just jumped on board and developed these 'false memories', but I'll wager most of us here arrived at our own conclusions without any leading whatsoever.

I didn't read the 1.0.1 patch notes before I installed it, didn't read the forums or watch any streamers, and the very first thing I noticed was that the graphics were worse. I assumed my settings had defaulted back to 'Rare' and I was in the middle of a game so didn't bother changing them. A couple of friends joined me a bit later in a crew (this was the first time they were playing after the patch) and within a few minutes they were both commenting on the graphics looking worse. I suggested that our settings had probably changed but when we all checked, they were all still on 'Mythical'. The salient point here is that we all independently noticed the graphics were worse without any of us being 'influenced' by someone else (even the patch notes don't even say what they've done).

I seriously hope the upcoming patch will revert things to how they were. When an enemy ship is approaching mine, I want to be sure of how many people are on it and what they're doing WELL before they're close enough to sucker punch me.

• spyglas 4K cut

• Some LOD's even use different distances, so we get floating trees as the rocks above them are not rendered yet.

It's terrible and depressing. Please, revert whatever change you did, there are graphic settings on PC for a reason, to get the best quality if we can afford it.

• @TobyOneKenobe This is not even the only thread about the subject, it's just the one that got lucky and managed to get some visibility. The very same day the patch dropped I counted at least 4 others on this forum and a bunch more on reddit. Of course they all got buried down by people spamming threads about the guy who cheesed legendary status or some other meaningless topic... :(

• @super-poopsy Yeah, this is a pretty major blow to their "We don't want PC to feel like a port" when they cripple our PC graphics because xbox has framerate issues. Those two things shouldn't be linked in any way. Makes it feel, well, like a port.

• As FYI, I contacted support on this and they did confirm this as a issue. So people aren't crazy. I was hoping to have resolution for this 1.0.2 but guess we have to wait longer. Due to this and a random ship sinking bug I just haven't been able to play. Hopefully they resolve soon. Easy enough to give players the option of performance enhancement as I never had Xbox performance issues. Now lighting is so bad I just get depressed when I play.

• @Umbrae Thanks for reporting this, i'm sure this thread will appreciate it a lot!
    I'm still patiently waiting for an official answer from a dev, i've seen they've started posting again since yesterday (only community managers for now, but that's a start i guess)

• @super-poopsy

Yeah, I might just go ahead and write a ticket to support and see what they say. Will post here the results.

• Rare if you give us more graphics settings we can do half of your work kind of , we can optimize the game to run best/ to our liking . This is probably one of the only games i wouldn't mind motion blur in , but its not there. So many other things as well. I applaud the quality of the game and all , but please consider adding things we expect as pc players even if it has to be expanded over time im fine with that. A must have that's not graphics related is individual sliders for the sensitivity one for look sens and one for ads

Views
165 out of 216