Any fix for PC USB mic being very quiet ingame?

• As title says, is there any fix for the ingame mic for PC being quiet for everyone? Its forcing players to use the xbox group chat instead of the ingame chat. The headset i'm using is the hyperx cloud2. It is a usb headset and has its own sound card meaning I cannot adjust its levels and boost in windows options.

The game needs an option to adjust the input volume of the mic.

EDIT: To clarify my mic (on PC) is very quiet to anyone in game chat. The volume is fine through the xbox chat, or any other application for that matter that gives me the option to adjust the input volume.

EDIT 2: As I stated below, Ive purchased a 3.5mm to mic / sound splitter and should be here in a few days. This will bypass the headset sound card and hopefully allow me to adjust the sound in the windows settings.

EDIT 3: The 3.5 mm splitter does work but the sound quality is much worse as you need to raise the volume and boost the sound which gives a lot of background noise.

I am now thinking about just buying a sound card to install into my PC. Will update if I do.

I'm repeating this, the game needs an option to adjust the input volume of the mic.

Views
  • bump this! it's a real shame when people can't hear me in game or have to adjust their settings. every mic output is maxed at 100%. PC can hear me fine but xbox always has issues

• Still wondering if there is any fix for this? It is very annoying for my friends being forced into xbox chat just to talk to me.

• So it's not just me... I hope there is a fix for this soon or a workaround at least.

• It’s so annoying

• @alarthon Hello welcome to the fourms!! so on xbox you can only be in 2 chats ingame or party chat. On pc you can be in both at the same time so xbox will not be able to hear you if they are in party. Now if its quiet I suggest turning up your head set volume.

• On the PC I have found that if you reboot and DO NOT join an xbox party, the game volume is fine.
    It is when the xbox app has a party that you join and then try to leave it and use your mic in game that it has issues where it is so low.

I am the same as xbox players my friends say when I do that.

Try that and see if it works.

• @xxskydivingdude Thank you! The thing is though is that the game gives no option to turn up the mic input volume. My headset has its own sound card, so you can NOT adjust the volume of the mic in the windows settings, it needs to be in the application settings itself. Therefore Rare hopefully will implement an option for that. My mic is perfectly fine in any app that gives me the option to adjust, like discord, or even the xbox app.

Ive purchased a 3.5mm to mic / sound splitter and should be here in a few days. This will bypass my sound card and hopefully allow me to adjust the sound in the windows settings.

• The 3.5 mm splitter does work but the sound quality is much worse as you need to raise the volume and boost the sound which gives a lot of background noise.

It may be better just to purchase a cheap sound card to install into the PC.

• @alarthon said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

My headset has its own sound card,

what headset? is it a usb headset?

• Yeah I've had that problem with players not hearing me either for some reason. Also another interesting glitch with the Xbox chat groups is that, if you're a PC player with a different voicechat service open (Like TeamSpeak or Discord) at the same time, you will cause IMMENSE feedback in the Xbox Party channel. This issue persists even after you've closed the other program.

• @cattaleyaathena said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

Its the hyperx cloud2 headset. It is a usb headset.

• @alarthon said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

@cattaleyaathena said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

The 3.5 mm splitter does work but the sound quality is much worse as you need to raise the volume and boost the sound which gives a lot of background noise.

Its the hyperx cloud2 headset. It is a usb headset.

sounds like the microphone in those

3.5mm adapter was a waste of money $$$ and sound card dunno if it will help that could be just the microphone it self
  • @cattaleyaathena said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

sounds like the microphone in those
    3.5mm adapter was a waste of money $$$ and sound card dunno if it will help that could be just the microphone it self

The thing is though it sounds perfectly fine in any application that gives the option to adjust the input volume. So in the xbox app itself its fine, discord, skype, any other game that gives option to adjust volume input.

So I hope Rare puts the option in or I have to use the splitter (which works and was not a waste of money because I can now adjust my volume and people can hear me using the ingame chat) or invest in a sound card.

• This is still an issue and one that is quite annoying. Being on PC, party chat works great. But, in game chat everyone e says I'm low mic volume. I can full blast mic volume but same result. Everyone says low volume. As mentioned above, party chat works flawless. Hope devs can clear this up.

• @xgodkevin reset your drivers, my headset slows down videos and such to 1 frame a minute and no audio, but if i turn of the driver in my audio setting and turnit back on and test it in the settings thingy, it works fine, it also fixed the game chat issue i had like this one, it could also just be a headset thing, idk, try using your volume mixer, cranking that loud, turning the master volume for SoT lower than the chat volume.

• @onyx-wartooth I'll give this a try in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion!

• @xgodkevin np! i hope it works!

• Yeah I really hope a mic input volume option comes up in game. Its even worse now needed to cooperate with others for THD update. It really does ruin some of the experience.

• yes this is a real issue

• I adjust my PC Xbox party audio by changing the level in my mics recording device/ level tab. It’s too loud for party at 69, they can hear the mouse clicks. I leave it loud because that’s where it was when I set up discord. I hate having to d**k with those levels going back and forth.

• @gutterangel said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

I adjust my PC Xbox party audio by changing the level in my mics recording device/ level tab.

The problem is ingame chat is quiet. The Xbox app itself is perfectly fine.

• @alarthon said in Any fix for PC USB mic being very quiet ingame?:

@gutterangel said in Any fix for PC ingame mic quiet for Xbox players?:

I adjust my PC Xbox party audio by changing the level in my mics recording device/ level tab.

The problem is ingame chat is quiet. The Xbox app itself is perfectly fine.

The problem is the Xbox app is much louder than the game, and neither can be adjusted.

• There was an update I believe for the sound driver inside the headset that lets Windows 10 control the volume. Unfortunately, I did this for my HyperX ages ago after hours of troubleshooting so you would need to do a little digging if you wanted to go with this route.

• I'm gonna bump this again. I too have the hyperx cloud2. Same thing as everyone else is reporting only xbox users have a hard time hearing me in game. Headset works fine in xbox party chat/discord. Please Rare, at the very least address this issue. Kthnxbai

• @fatnubs yea same issue still not even acknowledged by RARE. would be nice to have an update to this problem.

• I have the same issue with a USB headset. In game mic is super quiet. However, Discord, Xbox App, Teamspeak, etc. is fine.

• Also, here is the workaround that I have found. You can install an app that allow you to boost the pre amp gain of the USB mic. Link is below. (you can do this in the registry without installing anything, but it's way TLDR for this)

This will allow you to be louder in game. Please note that you may now have to turn yourself down in your other apps.

Equalizer APO

The interface can be overbearing for non tech savy people. Therefore, you can also install the following app to get a nicer and easier interface to change your audio gains:

Peace Equalizer:

• Here is another link with better directions than mine

• I play on xbox and the two mates I usually play with are PC. We have to use party chat as that is the only way of me hearing them, the draw back is I can ONLY hear them and no one else. Yes I toggle between party and game chat but all that does is gets me to communicate with another crew and not my crew, I want to be able to communicate with everyone without switching. This is a huge problem until its resolved.

And it seems like even when someone is using the horn I still cant hear them and they cant hear me if use it if I'm in party chat, only game chat does the horn work.

• Also having a problem with this. I'm very quiet in game, and only in this application. One party member couldn't hear me at all. It's pretty annoying.

• I've even had problems with this, and I'm not even using a USB Mic.
    I have a pretty good RODE Mic (XLR inputs) into a mixer, and I get people that often say I'm a little low.

I also hear others broadcast a little low as well. It varies.

• We really need a Rare employee acknowledgment at least of this issue. All we need is an option to adjust our input volumes then all our problems would be solved.

They want this game to be a social game. Its hard to socialize when no one can hear you.

All the bi-weekly events so far need other crews. So the need to interact with other crews is increasing. If no-one can hear me with my speaking horn, makes it much harder to get other crews to help.

I'm repeating this, the game just needs an option to adjust the input volume of the mic.

• I've got a USB Headset and no problems at all. Also I can't confirm, that you can't adjust a USB Headset in Windows. I can adjust the input volume in Windows and/or in the software for my headset (Logitech G430).

Views
1 out of 41