Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1

• Has game DVR been disabled in this update? anyone else having this issue on pc. cant find anything about it.

• Am I the only one not seeing a change in the game? Actually, my friend glitched out right when he started the game and could only use one weapon for a while and then could only walk forward and backward but couldn't turn or strafe.

• @assassin-x-jack said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

Coming Updates

Thank you all for your feedback on our previously discussed Coming Update, Death Cost. Due to your passionate comments, we have decided not to move forward with this feature. Thanks for the honest feedback & discussion on this!

This is a sad news, pity!
    It would have been a good repellent for those players who run just to ruin the gaming experience!
    Good job anyway

So glad the death tax isn’t coming 👍 would have taken away a lot of fun from the game

• So I don't know if this is the right place but I have a question can you add 60 fps 1080p mode on XBOX ONE X ???

• @lumpayw If your sailing away yes, it's possible to run away but if your anchored at an island or fortress it is impossible to continue with chest retrieval or complete fortress domination because it only takes a couple of minutes for the ship to catch up to you again (especially if they are out for revenge). If you have a lot of loot, a good percentage of it will be lost to the sea therefore, a loss to both crews.

• I have notice last night, that the rewards have been reduced. Usually when turning in a golden pig it gives you about 986gold give taken. But last night I turn one in and got 186 gold weird.

• @gaddsp Hey, may I see those photos? I heard of the island but I have yet to see pictures. I know of an island just like it and maybe its a glitch? But I would love to try and sail there!

• @player411736871 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

I missed the discussion on no death cost. So no cost for being sunk unless you have loot? Takes a lot of the thrill out of the PvP doesnt it?

Yeah I don't think ships should be as FREE as they are now. Today some guys were running away from us and they just jumped to the water near outpost without caring for their ship at all. We didn't notice that and chased the ship a while more. I would call it a nice move if they calculated the rewards for 2 items they took versus the ship cost, but currently there's nothing to calculate here... You can totally ignore your ship. We don't do that because we want some immersion, but then it breaks the balance.

Spawning close to your sinking location is not fair either. You can be a pain in the a*s for someone else who's got a lot of treasure on their ship. You just basically get a free ship with 40 cannonballs, 15 (I think) bananas and 15 planks (in case of Sloop) every time you get destroyed. They will eventually run out of cannonballs or planks. IF they don't, still their whole treasure selling operation lasted an hour instead of 15 minutes, which it would last if they got rid of your ship for good. I would love to see some more consequences of players actions in the game. We need risk, we need calculating potential gains and losses of every operation. It's hard to do when there are no losses.

I don't really understand why RARE listened to people about that Death tax. Most players want to get things easier and cheaper. If RARE asked about halving the price of ship customization, most players would agree on that! That doesn't make it the right thing to do. Players want everything easy and cheap, as I said, but when they get bored because of it, they won't blame themselves.

• 19.53 gig update to supposedly fix "connectivity issues" and several of the other issues with this game. downloads it still takes over a half hour to find a game. GARBAGE!

• Another observation I noticed with the new update... I was hearing some crackling in my headset, and I never hear anything like that at all. I'm not sure if anyhing changed overnight, but I didn't hear it today.

Speaking of audio, I know we are supposed to be able to find sea shanties, but to my knowledge, no one has found one yet.

I was on a ship with 3 other crews of 10 other guys just having fun, and thought of this today and a really fun feature:
    When we learn shanties, we of course want to encourage people to sing them, right? How about a feature if we play a shanty song with any instrument, the words to the song scroll across the bottom of the screen, like a karaoke machine! People would be less intimidated to sing if they didn't know the words. (There might also be an option in the game for always having them on as well.)

It would have been SO cool if we were all singing the same shanties last night with something like this!

• ZERO Achievement popping at all

• @sgt-usmc-68 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

ZERO Achievement popping at all

I'm pretty sure I've fulfilled multiple chevo requirements but haven't had one pop since well before the first server maintenance.

• @marik00 Sell it to the correct port and you'll still make the correct amount of money. You only get a 10th of the profit for selling it to any other port.

• G'day @waterblowfish09, I've removed your post as the content was inappropriate for the forum.

• @tartansnake-8 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

G'day @waterblowfish09, I've removed your post as the content was inappropriate for the forum.

ohhhhhh your the name on snake isle on the basket. WP sir

• Great job guys
    Stay on the right wave

• Appreciate the update.

However, (and there's always a however) the one weapon bug still appears quite a lot, and the rubberbanding is still prevalent.

Also, can we please have an option to remove (or at least severely reduce) the Letterboxing that happens in the game. It always happens just when I'm concentrating the most, and having reduced vision whilst attempting to manoeuvre and/or in combat is extremely frustrating. It also covers up the health bar, which is a crime in itself :)

• Please Rare, revert the lighting/LOD 'tweaks' back to how they were before the patch, at least for 'Mythical' settings. This patch brought a noticeable general graphics downgrade which made the game look duller, while most of the players comments seem to point out no actual fps/smoothness gains. Please keep those tweaks for lowest settings, if you think they're necessary, but don't punish people who could easily run Legendary or Mythical settings aswell.

• After update there is same problem:

• Snake dont follow the look when attacked
    • In new game we must set each time the items (sword, shotgun, pistol ecc)
    • Some settings (like ) dont saved in new game
    • In new game when Press to talk is activated the game work like if is deactivated
    • No seagull on the barrels
  • @ilmatto1989

I'm agree with you snake don't care.
    And there are always a lot of latence for rewards.
    And friends who never crashs before crash naw, not me by luck...

I don't know if they really change something...

xD

• Still having an issue of loading in with only 1 weapon. A friend of mine is also still having this problem.

• And bad ping also

• Pc players using increased attack speed and reload mods......I play this game on xbox with my son and nephews and I have a 6,000 dollar custom gaming rig. Your crazy if your ok going up against rigs like mine with a xbox..I could see you way before you can see me at a long distance(best hardware usually wins)..PC and Console crossplay pvp is not an equal playing field...Please give me the option to play with only xbox players. I prefer not to switch to my rig just to "git gud"../smh

• My hair colour was already changed from blonde to black. Will it now stay black or is there a way I can change it back to its original colour?

• One other thing, Sea of Thieves, your whole startup game screen needs a rework, It doesn't allow you to exit without Alt + F4, every single time you leave a game session we have the cinematic popping up every time which is annoying, it's just all so badly designed and not user friendly that it's off-putting.

• Last night I spawned with only 1 weapon (cutlass).

Normally I can fix the issue just by drowning myself but after respawning I still only had 1 weapon available. This issue occurred all night even after logging out and then back in twice.

Any word on getting this patched?

• @el-dunco

The same exact thing happened to me last night.

• We found a small bug today;

We had captured the wrong colour pig and because we didn't know how to get the pig back out so that we could reuse the cage, we dropped the cage with pig into the water and drowned it.
    Once the cage was empty, we found the correct coloured pig and headed off.
    For the entire journey, this 2nd pig was doing the drowning noises and movement inside the cage, but didn't die.
    Feeding it made no difference. Eventually it did stop the pretend drowning, maybe 10 min later.
    I couldn't find a bugs section, sorry.

• curious when the fix for having to toggle push to talk off and on again to get it to work properly will happen.

• @megdia-dotexe said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

@khaleesibot we can't record game clips anymore? i get an error saying "sorry this game does not allow recording of game play". I'm on windows 10 using AMD Ryzen 3 with 16gb of ddr4 and a gtx 1070 8gb if that helps at all, unless its disabled for everyone

How do I take a screenshot with this new patch? Before it was Win+g, now I get that same message.

• @super-poopsy said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

Please Rare, revert the lighting/LOD 'tweaks' back to how they were before the patch, at least for 'Mythical' settings. This patch brought a noticeable general graphics downgrade which made the game look duller, while most of the players comments seem to point out no actual fps/smoothness gains. Please keep those tweaks for lowest settings, if you think they're necessary, but don't punish people who could easily run Legendary or Mythical settings aswell.

I thought things looked a bit different, especially the LOD when looking through the telescope.

My PC can run this game on maximum at 300fps without breaking a sweat (although obviously, I use the 120fps cap as my monitor only goes up to 180Hz refresh).

I really would like the game to look better again, perhaps even introducing a higher tier of settings beyond mythical.

Please do this :)

• @Doctor-N****e
    Unfortunately this issue (and others) are being overshadowed by the constant popping up of threads of people b******g about a streamer cheesing his legendary status... Talk about priorities.

shameless plug :3

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/45802/graphics-downgrade-since-1-0-1-patch

Now back on topic!

• Now I love this game so far.

This is my personal opinion however.

I feel like for this game to succeed would need some changes to a few things, and they are as follows:

Cannons do more damage to ships.

Repairing a hole takes longer.

Ships that have sunk in the vicinity of a skull fort either spawn on the other side of the map, or on another server (another server makes the deaths and sunken ships feel worse, like in a ship team up when a fellow ship that's fighting with you, well, RIP other ship, it was nice knowing you).

Like I said, this is my personal opinion, but I feel like this would drastically improve the core mechanics of this game.

I still enjoy this game, love you guys.

• How about no death tax but instead a bonus for keeping your ship up and running, maybe slightly higher gold rewards or something, that way you got some incentive to care for the ship

Views
75 out of 384