Smuggler's bay troubles...

• I'm currently working on a soul mission. I am searching for Deadly Daley on Smuggler's Bay. Now, I have been running around the entire island for about an hour now and I can't find her anywhere, or any skeletons for that matter???? Anyone know where she is? I have run all over the place, even in the cave, but nothing is popping up!

Views
  • Are you getting music anywhere on the island?

• Yes, I start to hear music when I approach the cave, but when I enter it, nothing happens...

• Hang around the spot with music that’s normally the indication you are into something. Hope this helps although I’m sure you’ve already done this.

• That's what I figured but nothing happens. Thank you anyways!

• @thecuriousone02 Same is happening to me, no skeles, just music. twice in a row- very much a bug

• @thecuriousone02 I've just had the same issue with Captain Shelley Pressgang soul quest. We hear music by the cave or on the cliff above, but nothing happens. We waited day and nigth, no skeleton to be found. Annoying bug as this was a very large quest with 4 islands that we were not able to complete due to this bug :(

• There is a bug, some skelletons will not spawn even at the right location, just cancel it and do another one for now.

• @wturok said in Smuggler's bay troubles...:

There is a bug, some skelletons will not spawn even at the right location, just cancel it and do another one for now.

This s**t still happens. Right now for me n crew on last part of a legendary quest. Shameful it has not been fixed yet.

• Encountered this twice now. Both times mid-legendary quests.
    Pretty frustrating to commit so much time to no avail...

• Island is broken for the Athena voyages as well. I will do up a support ticket but this island has been broken for a while now. We tested powder kegs (lots of them) ....crew suicide....sailed away and return(4 times).... a whole bunch of cursing (mainly geared towards RARE, not the island).......and last but not least, gave up and quit trying.
    Point is, @Rare-Employee....”SMUGGLER’s BAY IS BROKEN FOR ORDER OF SOULS SKELETON SPAWN”!!! Please try and fix this.....again!!!! It’s been this way for a while. My recommendation is to move the spawn to the f#%’n beach away from that darn cave. It’s does not work!!!!

• @thecuriousone02 said in Smuggler's bay troubles...:

I'm currently working on a soul mission. I am searching for Deadly Daley on Smuggler's Bay. Now, I have been running around the entire island for about an hour now and I can't find her anywhere, or any skeletons for that matter???? Anyone know where she is? I have run all over the place, even in the cave, but nothing is popping up!

I've spent all morning trying to find Captain Vile Vincent. I went to the hanging skeletons, checked the wrecked ship in the cove, even scaled the cliffs on the eastern section of the tri-island, and of course ran/swam around the place. I also checked the tiny islands attacked to the big one....and checked all the tunnels.

No Joy on everything. If it is bugged, then hopefully it gets fixed in the next update. This is like the second or third time this has happened to me on Thieves Haven.

• @thecuriousone02 I'd like to add that I caught a golden glow spawning thingy higher up on the cliffs, but as I was hunting around for skeletons it disappeared. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but skeleton spawns and spawns related to skeletons on Thieves Haven seem to be an issue.

• I have that problem with skeletons not spawning to ive found shooting myself out the cannon in the opposite direction of the island or dieing tends to sort it they spawn in then.

• @cptcharleston said in Smuggler's bay troubles...:

Encountered this twice now. Both times mid-legendary quests.
    Pretty frustrating to commit so much time to no avail...

Same here, final island to finish on an Athena's quest was Smugglers Bay and it was just broken. We tried everything:

• Dying at the same time
    • Firing away via canon then Mermaid back
    • Sailing the ship away then returning
    • Scuttling and returning
      When returning with the ship, sometimes the island name didn't pop-up so that might be related (is it an issue that Barnacle Cay is so near?) but on getting to the island, there maybe one skeleton on the beach cannon but no more, just some OOS music, no animals, no skeletons (quest or otherwise) spawning.

One time out of many many attempts, a wave spawned when we returned but no others after we cleared it. It was just taking too much time to finish in the small hours so we had to abandon it and lose the time we sank into it :(

As above, my advice would be to cancel any Athena's quests thrown down that have OOS quests on Smugglers Bay.
    Actually on that note, our Alliance ship had the same issue on Thieves Haven last night. Are these long-standing bugs or something happening more with the latest update maybe?

• Hi @waldopepper, as this thread is discussing an issue from three months ago, it has been locked.
    If you're facing issues in game, please submit a bug report to the team through Support!

Views
13 out of 16