So interesting Bug

• I logged in and at first had no access to any of my loot no clothing, no items but you know that happens. Got killed respawned had everything. Then I noticed something my normally redish orange haired pirate decked out in scars was well..... black haired and clean shaven not even the stubble or scars to show.

Any idea if this is a temp glitch cause I was rather attached to my scar ridden red head.

Views
  • Yeah this is a bug that is effecting a few people with no fix right now, lets just hope rare gives us a free reroll to fix them

• Send in a ticket to support, let it be heard. A lot of other players had this happening and apperantly it is still happening. My pirate changed aswell and Im thinking about stopping from playing completely, it just doesn't feel right that the character you chose all of a sudden is gone.

• @hillswitch said in So interesting Bug:

Send in a ticket to support, let it be heard. A lot of other players had this happening and apperantly it is still happening. My pirate changed aswell and Im thinking about stopping from playing completely, it just doesn't feel right that the character you chose all of a sudden is gone.

Dude thank you for saying this, I felt almost a little wrong for feeling like I didn't want to play because my character's appearance was suddenly changed on me.
    You're correct in saying it just doesn't feel right that the character you choose is just gone, or just gone through intensive skin, hair and eye surgery.

I hope they fix this soon cause I'd like to get back to the game.

• I mean I had really grown attached to all the little details of my character. The scars decorating the back of his hands that constantly peeked into the screen when I was steering the ship. The scar that looked perfect with the eye patch. The stubble on his cheeks with the goatee I gave him. Hell even his skin tone changed.

Before

After

It looks like a completely different character

• @graven-schism Jup that's what happened to a lot of us. I got another reply that my ticket/problem was resolved. Telling me we get our equipment/gear etc back. I re-opened the ticket telling them that is NOT the problem. This is a completely different bug. One that is more worrying aswell.

• @graven-schism Great job with the screen shot, lets just hope rare believes this a bigger issue then they think

• It's actually a lot worse in some cases. But yea good that you managed to get screenshots, I don't have my before picture.

• @hillswitch
    @Graven-Schism
    Yeah that's about what happened to mine. Went from a tall Norwegian Blonde woman to a Native American that shouldn't be that tall.

Now my hair color blends in with my gear rather than contrasting.
    Character had green eyes too that matched the emeralds on the Black Sea Dog gear, now they are just brown.

I hope they fix this soon.

They did send me this;
    "Ahoy there,

Our Test team is aware of this issue and are working on a solution. We hope to resolve this in a future update.

Thank you for your report!

Kind regards,
    Sea of Thieves Customer Support"

• @ultimate-powa Okay, that gets me atleast somewhat hopefull that it might get fixed.

• At the moment no movement on my report ticket so we will see what happens.

• One idea of how to fix it comes to mind would be a sort of free character reroll, all it would change on the IPG would be the details like skin tone, hair and eye color and aesthetics like scars and tattoo's if they could set something like that up I wouldn't have an issue.

Views
1 out of 12