I bought xbox game pass and i cant play on PC

• i just bought game pass 1 month on xbox so i can play on pc for 1 mouth to see if i want to buy the game or not but i can't play on PC ! How can this happen? Now that xbox gaming pass is active i can't make the 14 trial version this is c**p how can i undo this i need help !

Views
  • @thorax1616

HAhahahahah, thats not how it works. That offer is for those on the Xbox.

• @kigretheviking Yeah if you read a little bit more you would see it said only for xbox one users (being nice, not angry like most other people)

• can i undo the game pass so i can go for 14 days trial?

• As long as you have Windows 10, Sea of Thieves should show up as downloadable for you in the Microsoft Store App.

I grabbed the Game Pass on Xbox, and have the game installed on both my console and my PC; as have many others.

• Don't listen to the slow kids that says the xbox game pass if for Xbox Only. You can play "Play anywhere" titles on the PC. Check if you're logged in in the app store

• @deadpoetic6

Well ok... heres me laughing at myself then: HAhahahahahaha, dummy you, self.

• ofc i have windows 10 and the game pass active on microsoft acount

• Same for me, hav Gamepass and can play on Win10

• So let me get this straight: you need to have the xbox verison using the pass to play it on PC for the trial?

• Pro tip. It’s called Xbox Game Pass. Not Play Xbox on PC game pass.

• @pouffydoughman dijo en I bought xbox game pass and i cant play on PC:

Pro tip. It’s called Xbox Game Pass. Not Play Xbox on PC game pass.

"Play anywhere" titles on the PC :D

• @putricidio

Yes if you buy it you can play anywhere.

• @pouffydoughman If you buy the xbox gamepass, you can play on Pc

• if its play anywhere and available on game pass and you have windows 10 you can play on pc like the names say play anywhere

• There seems to be a lot of ignorant people spreading misinformation on this thread.

If you have "Xbox Game Pass", you can play any of the titles in the "Play Anywhere" category with your PC. You do NOT need a Xbox for these games, and you do NOT need to own a Xbox to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass

Taken from Xbox Game Pass FAQ (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-faq#4c21735a9eca4ec39a5a0ab38ad9e542)

"Can I use Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 10 PC?
    Xbox Game Pass currently features a select number of Xbox Play Anywhere games that is continually increasing. The latest list of Xbox Play Anywhere titles can be viewed at xbox.com/gamepass"

There is a known issue at the moment that is preventing Xbox Game Pass users from accessing Sea of Thieves after the patch. So sit tight until it is resolved. Source: https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/978673654455328769

"Our team are currently investigating an issue affecting Game Pass players and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We'll update you as soon as we can."

• OK, I know this is late but I had the same problem with game pass in general and here's the thing - you can play games with gamepass on Windows 10 but in order to do so the region on your PC must be one where Xbox Live and Game Pass is officially supported. If you are like me and the region of your PC is set to something else than these countries: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries then you are not going to see the game pass in your windows store. If you switch your region in the settings to one of these though then you can download and play the games without any problems.

• Thank you @Onijix and @Elveone The posters above are either trolls or are simply answering questions they don't have answers too. Possibly they simply have bad info, but I'm jaded. That said those two have spoken the truth @Thorax1616.

Gamepass doesn't require any connection to the console in the least. Gamepass offers a set of games which are unlocked for use for a subscription fee which varies on where you are but hovers around $10/mo. In the effort MS has to attract PSN customers and some PC users MS has a small offering of more relevant games on gamepass and are now in the process of developing MS exclusive titles that will appear on gamepass upon launch of the game. We've seen two of these games in both Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 and more titles are upcoming.

But be warned: Gamepass games are generally console only for now. The major exception are the two most recent additions I've named already, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2. There are other games which are BOTH Play Anywhere and Game Pass but not many yet. But again, many of the upcoming MS titles are going to be launched as BOTH to continue the effort MS has started to draw customers from PC to the MS store and gamers from PSN.

For some games you will require an Xboxlive Gold subscription but not all will require that as they have offline features. Bear in mind that if you have an MS account that you also have an Xboxlive account even if not paid for Gold.

The major bit regarding play anywhere titles such as State of Decay 2 or Sea of Thieves is to be certain that you have the MS Store logged in under the account that is actually subscribed to Game Pass. This will allow you to browse the MS Store and install the game(s) which are also play anywhere (not all are right now, but some) using the proper account.

Here's the fun part. Once you've installed the game from the MS Store onto your windows (presumably) PC you can play the game regardless of which account you are using so long as at least one criteria is met, the account that you have logged into the Xboxlive App, etc is connected to the paying game pass account as family you are good to go. Quite a good many players have family members linked to a primary account. If this is your case you can have your primary account playing the game on something like PC and other user accounts in your family might also play the game at the same time on Xbox or even another PC without extra cost so long as they too have access to a proper subscription to Xboxlive through your primary account.

All players can do this with this title.

Console players can do this, PC players can do this, game pass players can do this, licence owners of the US $60 disc can do this.

If you are having further issues I am certain that @Onijix or @Elveone or others will happily help you!

Views
1 out of 18